Poll: Which is Worse?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i would sya aobut 90% of the orcs all stormed through that portal, and murdered the draenei
    Blackhand forced several clans to remain on Draenor and some more did so voluntarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Horde is worst at any possible comparison, except PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they didnt know about serving the demons
    what they did know is they would use it to slaughter millions of innocent, move onto another planet, and do the same, time and time again
    Again, wat? And wrong even in regards to Draenei. They were manipulated into believing the Draenei were a dangerous enemy plotting the destruction of Orcs. Long before they consumed the blood for that matter. Hell, the war against Draenei began before the drinking of the blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Horde is worst at any possible comparison, except PVP.
    Truth.

But mostly because Horde players have some pent up aggression issues and faceroll that keyboard really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Wrong, the Draenei are probably the noblest race on Azeroth
    I agree. Aside from Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde, the Draenei are the most peaceful and noble race. The only known group of 'evil' and uncorrupted Draenei is the Auchenai.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Doesn't matter at all honestly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    As an Alliance only player who has never played a hordie I can tell you with 110% absolute metaphysical certainty that this statement is a complete fabrication from the propaganda machine in the horde. The noble races of the Alliance of Lordaeron have never comminet an act that could be described as any less than decorous, noble and virtous.
    Noble my ass. Noble people dont hold orcs like slaves in prision camps and let em fight for their entertainement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    1) The destruction of Draenor came down to one accident by one orc, Ner'zhul, by opening too many portals at once.
    2)That was Gul'dan under the command of Kil'jaeden, so that was technically an act of the Burning Legion.
    3)Garrosh was definitely pretty bad, basically an orcish hitler.

Now allow me to provide some counterpoints.

Othmar Garithos was a general and leader of the alliance military force in Lordaeron. He was known for thinking of non human races as inferior, and often sent them on suicide missions.

Aedelas Blackmoore was the captain of the infamous orcish internment camp Durnholde Keep. He is most known for enslaving the baby orc he discovers, whom he names Thrall, forcing him to fight as a gladiator for his amusement. After Thrall escaped with the aid of Teretha Foxton, Blackmoore murdered Teretha, and threw her head at Thralls feet when Thrall came to Durnholde to free the other imprisoned orcs.
    If you remember, Garrosh also expelled all races he deemed inferior in the horde, and only kept the goblins because of their Engineering, and the fact they would sell anything for the right price. As to Blackmoore, I remember being Horde in TBC and watching Varian (known as Lo'gosh) fighting in the Arena in the Valley of Honor. So as someone stated before, In times of conflict no side is more good or evil than the other, and Good or Evil is ony determined by the Winner when Conflict is over. Don't think Conflict will ever be "over" in wow or there would be no more content for PvPer's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Idol View Post
    Horde is the worst. 1st Thrall. 2nd Garrosh. 3rd Voljin 4th Sylvanas. Four leaders in less then 6 years cmon
    That's just the usual Alliance favoritism, shown by Blizzard..

Also, only one dead Alliance leader vs three dead Horde leaders.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Well by the standards of some people in this thread is a sufficiently large number of individuals willingly commit an atrocity then all members of that race, tribe, group or species (in this part they aren't all that clear) are from then on considered 100% guilty of said atrocity for ever. Orcs drank fel years ago and did bad things, an orc that is born today is as guilty as Guldan period. All draenei are essentially in the same ball park as the legion itself because draenei where Eredar who fled, but since the Eredar are bad then all draenei are bad.

I disagree but... its funny to disagree about fiction this way.

The fact that people can argue this much about the lore of the game is a testament to how well written the game actually is. I think this is one of the aspects of the game that people sort take for granted. WoW is more than just metters and stat weights.
    I agree with this. But lore can be taken many ways, and is delivered in a way that is not what is meant.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

The Horde is currently being led by perhaps the most evil living lore figure not affiliated with the Burning Legion or the Void, so...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Look at some of the atrocities that the Alliance has done in the past, and then tell me that you truly believe that the Horde is the worst faction.
    You mistake Alliance with humans pre-Alliance or outside the Alliance.

The Alliance is SOME humans, SOME night elves, SOME dwarves, etc.
    Not ALL of them.

But overall, I think the Horde - as Horde - did worse things.
    Due to specific individuals within the Horde? Yes. But they did nonetheless.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Both cherry pick to make the other one look worse.

Alliance talk about the orcs being the big badies, yet we see figures such as Saurfang talking about the regrets of the orcs that did those atrositites. I think the conversation he had with Garrosh in Warsong hold reflects that very well (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Varok_Saurf...n_Warsong_Hold).

The other way around i can think of the events of the sundering. I dont believe the night elfs were completely innocent here, but i dont know the details good enough to go into depth.
    What you can say about the early alliance is that they were pretty racist, not based on much other things then not being the same as the humans. The way they handle the situation with Tirion and Eitrigg, How Garithos treated Kael'thas which were their allies at the time, and you can go read the ashbringer comic and see how alot of the silver hand viewed other races before they split to the scarlet crusade. That speaks volume to me.
    Yet again, Now we see a United Alliance with several races working together.

Point being, no one is clean of bad acts. I voted alliance here, because i often see how alot of alliance are just pointing the finger at horde, claiming what they claim, jumping to conclusions, taking details out of situation to tilt the view of things. I might not be objectively or morally right here if we start counting horrific events on either side, but i sympathize more with the horde point of view on things.

I was hoping this was going to be between the super casuals and the elitists.

Horde vs Alliance is a tired grade school level idea to keep perpetuating over and over. All of the PvP storylines this expansion have been trite and horribly contrived. I'm hoping that the whole Army of Light story line eventually does away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    My sentiments, exactly.

Departing.
    No wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you mean, but if you mean war-crimes? Horde. That being said, I hate that cross faction isnt a thing.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Neither is - it's a matter of perspective.

The worst side is the people who get too into the faction conflict in the first place and insist that is somehow good for the game to have a segregated player base.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The only confirmed case of that happening was against truce-breakers that attacked the Forsaken (while disobeying orders from their Alliance commander at that) during a period of respite. Karma bit them in the ass. And they aren't "forced". They are basically feral animals in that state, their nature in that state is inherently violent. They are only manipulated to direct that violence away from the Forsaken onto not-Forsaken. Still shitty, but not as shitty as you make it out to be.
    that and the fenris island

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Neither is - it's a matter of perspective.
    because destroying a planet then coming to do the same to another and many many after that is perspective
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Both factions are assholes.

This thread will go nowhere good.
    But fun to watch the mud slinging back and forth.

Where is my chair and popcorn?