Poll: Is modern WoW the same WoW you fell in love with?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely different. It has some fun new features, but overall some of the aspects from years back really kept me playing longer. Now the game feels kinda bloated.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

"No, its not really the same."

Lol

More like "No, it isn't at all the same."

Night and day difference. Current WoW is only WoW in name. From a business (aka Shareholder profit) standpoint, I totally understand--keep up with the times or get left behind (aka lost profit). From a former player perspective, the game is very "on rails".

Legion is great, overall, but the mechanics behind the game are inferior despite the obvious QoL improvements.

Of course it is a different game. It'd be dead or wildstar level of popularity if it wasn't.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Yes.
    It's the same game; i'm playing the same character in the same universe.
    It just keeps getting better and better, with Legion being the best iteration of WoW that ever existed.
    It's not for nothing that other MMO game developers have wet dreams about having WoW's revenue. Millions of people pay every expansion and every monthly sub fee because WoW is the singular best MMO that ever existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    Its World of Diablocraft, ofc its not the same WoW.
    That makes no sense to me? Diablocraft? Diablo and WoW are 2 very different games. They are played very differently and the whole story of Diablo is nothing like WoW.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    Yes.
    It's the same game; i'm playing the same character in the same universe.
    It just keeps getting better and better, with Legion being the best iteration of WoW that ever existed.
    It's not for nothing that other MMO game developers have wet dreams about having WoW's revenue. Millions of people pay every expansion and every monthly sub fee because WoW is the singular best MMO that ever existed.
    Just because WoW came out at the perfect time with the correct game style, does not mean it is the greatest MMO that ever existed.

Personally, I think FF XIV: ARR could easily take that crown away from WoW.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

No, its not the same. Its better, yes some of the changes are great and some stuff is sorta of bland. But lets compare the "great" Vanilla WoW to Legion.

1) More up time, other than the problems people seem to be having with connection in 7.2.5, we get to play the game more. There are a ton less world crashes, maintenance days are no where near as long as they used to be and more often than not are actually completed before the time they are it will be down and people find themselves on earlier than what blizzard said they could be.
    2) Classes- I'm sorry for those that miss the old talent tree that was so much better than current one...sheesh. Yes being able to put that 1 point in every level(for a whole 1/4% or 1/2% increase to a secondary) seemed good because you were at least getting "progress". Lets see, how many classes were viable back then. Well if you wanted to raid there were entire spec's completely ignored. Not like well you can come but your dps isn't going to be the great but flat out ignored. Also for all those great "old talent tree" followers. There were still the cookie cutter builds and if you wanted to raid or do high end dungeons you had better follow them or you got booted, etc. The only people the old talent tree's were great for were roleplayers or people that just did quests and chilled on their own.

There's more but I'd rather not make a giant response. All I got to say is I've played this game since Vanilla, still love playing it and most of the changes have actually been for the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Just because WoW came out at the perfect time with the correct game style, does not mean it is the greatest MMO that ever existed.

Personally, I think FF XIV: ARR could easily take that crown away from WoW.
    What proves that it's the greatest MMO that ever existed is... numbers. More specifically: subscriber numbers, and revenue numbers. Subscribers that are paying for each expansion. And that are paying for monthly subscription.
    I would LOVE to see a graph about the TOTAL AMOUNT of income revenue comparing the most successful MMO's that ever existed. Can you imagine this graph? Can you begin to see how large WoW's bar, over the past 13years, would be, compared to ANY other MMO that ever existed, no matter it's business model?
    I have no doubt that since it's inception WoW has brought in AT LEAST 100x more income than any other MMO that has ever existed. Zero doubt. It's probably at least 1000x. Over the past 13 years, since WoW's inception, how much did customers pay on expansions and monthly subscription, in total, compared to the other most successful MMO's?
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was at least 10,000x more than the second most succesful MMO to have ever existed.
    Now, you can go and say "just because it has produced 10,000x more income than the second most succesful MMO doesn't mean it's better".
    But you'd be wrong.
    Because people are chosing to pay for this game. No one is forcing them.
    WoW is so good that even after 13years, even despite it's montly-subscription payment business model, in a landscape that is teeming with f2p or b2p MMO's... it crushes every single other MMO in terms of subscription numbers.
    WoW is the best MMO that ever existed. Period. The numbers prove this, beyond a doubt. Because the numbers are based on the customers. And WoW crushes any other MMO in terms of customer numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Retribution paladins are dead
    Maybe you're just playing the spec poorly, Ret is the best its ever been playstyle wise.

If you think the spec is dead now I don't see how you suffered through the shitpool that was INQUISITION MOP PALLY.

Deleted
    Completely different games, only the same in name

It's different but it's vastly improved. Legion is easily the best expac to date in terms of the amount of effort put in to make it as accessible as possible.

The game is not without flaws but at the end of the day WoW is the best MMO out there and is definitely always worth playing.

Anyone who says it's the same didn't play back in the day.

It's different, not better or worse.

Communities used to be forced into creation due to lack of systems, now the game provides those systems. I miss the communities, but I also like the conveniences.

The game is more like Diablo 3 than a MMORPG nowadays, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    What lies about collusion has the bag bad media told? From what I've seen, they report and discuss the fact that there are investigations into whether there was collusion. Which, ya know, is true.
    Remember, even the Nazis had followers, and this is why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    It's different but it's vastly improved. Legion is easily the best expac to date in terms of the amount of effort put in to make it as accessible as possible.

The game is not without flaws but at the end of the day WoW is the best MMO out there and is definitely always worth playing.
    it may be more polished, but i wouldnt say improved, it went the opposite, i mean the game as it is today is not bad, but when comepared to how it was, its really fking different and worse imo.

no wow used to be an mmorpg with people actually talking to each other and everything in the game was more meaningful and felt like an accomplishment. Right now everything is too "menu feeling" still. The game wasnt focused on rushing people to end game

Deleted
    like legit 2 different games no other way to describe the difference, today its more like an arcade, back then it was a adventure, a true mmo in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    it may be more polished, but i wouldnt say improved, it went the opposite, i mean the game as it is today is not bad, but when compared to how it was, its really fking different and worse imo.
    Like those good expansions where you got to a point where you could only gear through raids, so logging on during off days aside from doing dailies was pointless progression wise.

I'm sad those wonderful days are behind us. /s

It's also so sad that you get to choose what dailies you do now, and even save up dailies for 3 days instead of logging in every day to do the same dailies every single day. /s

More choice is definitely worse. You're right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Like those good expansions where you got to a point where you could only gear through raids, so logging on during off days aside from doing dailies was pointless progression wise.

I'm sad those wonderful days are behind us. /s

It's also so sad that you get to choose what dailies you do now, and even save up dailies for 3 days instead of logging in every day to do the same dailies every single day. /s

More choice is definitely worse. You're right.
    getting gear from raids is how its supposed to be, the game isnt meant to give u free shit everywhere u go, it used to be that u would work hard to get in a raid and when u did u were rewarded with the loot and experience of doing something so cool, that is how u progress... and during off days u could focus on pvp u can do ur professions and a million things, the game isnt only about raiding, its an M M O, but it turns out that it isnt like that anymore. lol.

Deleted
    I am no longer immersed by what WoW brings to the table since the launch of cataclysm, game has become way too systematic for my liking. Feel like game is trying to draw more players by introducing new features etc, when really decent artwork and storytelling

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    getting gear from raids is how its supposed to be, the game isnt meant to give u free shit everywhere u go, it used to be that u would work hard to get in a raid and when u did u were rewarded with the loot and experience of doing something so cool, that is how u progress... and during off days u could focus on pvp u can do ur professions and a million things, the game isnt only about raiding, its an M M O, but it turns out that it isnt like that anymore. lol.
    Implying that Mythic + is free gear is pretty funny. You probably havn't been playing the same game I have.

But I also imagine you feel like a 2 or 3 key is the standard, which it very may be for a player like you.

Deleted
    Thank the heavens it's not the same, I would quit instantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    No, it isn't

It is disfigured, fat, just ugly.

The only thing redeeming World of Warcraft at the moment is the existence of LFR. I can't imagine WoW without LFR in it's current state. It would be a sight to most definitely avoid.

As for the people enjoying the game without complaining, those people don't know better. They just can't phantom something better because this is all they ever experienced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

This is the 90% of the WoW population. Trapped inside a cave, thinking the shadows are everything.

- - - Updated - - -

You've lost touch with reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. It's just so sad it's unbelievable
    Has there ever been a saltier guy than this?