Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would justify it by their connection with oshugun where there's a naruu inside and their connection to their ancestors who were righteous-like in life.

Or Maybe they would be some new form of shaman who decided to wear plate and use handed weapons and shields, but also use the elements of fire and life to create a psuedo light.

Or maybe they would learn from the argent crusade, which would be boring.

Orc paladins make alot more sense than undead paladins....lol. forsaken by definition makes no sense that they should be able able to wield the light, They're undead,
    Theyre unholy creations weaved together by necromancy and unholy magic, something that is weak against the light, the undead would more likely burn to a crisp trying to wield the light.

Because it's already a pandering video game story.

Anything can be a paladin except maybe forsaken. The light does not pick favorites. If you have faith in the light, you can wield the light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give Alliance another race to pick first for paladins. Last update we got was in BC.

(Lore-wise I wouldn't. It's something so far removed from Orcish culture that it feels almost silly.)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the void is bad, yeah. but there's nothing worse than an amoral force that believes itself just no matter what it does.
    I think the Light is the force of Conviction, not Justice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Give Alliance another race to pick first for paladins. Last update we got was in BC.

(Lore-wise I wouldn't. It's something so far removed from Orcish culture that it feels almost silly.)
    I'd say Night Elf. Tiny step from the Priestesses of the Moon. Maybe add ranged Weapons and a fourth Spec along with it.

highborne are taller, tend to have blue skin, and almost all of them have white hair.

they were the product of eugenics basically, high caste breeding only within high caste, no lowborn mates.

i tend to make all of my night elf mages have the blue skin, white hair, and no tattoos. but she's not the product of noble birth in the game. in your rp head canon it can be, but we're clearly not intended to be actual highborne.
    Highborne are not physically different from other night elves. Varo'then,Xavius,etc look just like any night elves. As far as I remember, there is no canon lore stating the difference.

They could kidnap a windchime from the army of light and tap into the power ala TBC BE Pallys.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Anything can be a paladin except maybe forsaken. The light does not pick favorites. If you have faith in the light, you can wield the light.
    yet there are undead paladin roaming azeroth.

The reason there weren't any originally was mostly due to paladin effectively being immune to disease and the original wave of scourge were all plague victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Highborne are not physically different from other night elves. Varo'then,Xavius,etc look just like any night elves. As far as I remember, there is no canon lore stating the difference.
    there's no explicitly stated lore on it i guess.

but every single one of them in the game is specifically made taller than normal night elves, and never have facial markings.

10+ Year Old Account
    but every single one of them in the game is specifically made taller than normal night elves, and never have facial markings.
    Those facial markings are tattoos to represent their close ties with nature.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I can't find an answer to this anywhere, how to Night Elves get their facial tattoos (the process) and what does each shape mean?
    We've never specified anywhere in the lore, to my knowledge. In general they represent a close tie with the natural world. (DaveKosak)

there's no explicitly stated lore on it i guess.

Dunno I don't see how highborne was/is any taller than Malfurion,Illidan,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Those facial markings are tattoos to represent their close ties with nature.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I can't find an answer to this anywhere, how to Night Elves get their facial tattoos (the process) and what does each shape mean?
    We've never specified anywhere in the lore, to my knowledge. In general they represent a close tie with the natural world. (DaveKosak)
    yeah, i've read that before. feels like the sharper markings should be related to sentinel activity, like a warrior would have them or something.

but definitely no highborne have them in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Dunno I don't see how highborne was/is any taller than Malfurion,Illidan,etc.
    like i said, every single one that we see in eldre'thalas and teldrassil is taller than your night elf. i can run around and take screenshots if you want.

"Ah c'mon there's no integrity left to defend, and you're getting wound up by Orc Paladins?!"

That's how I'd justify it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Then again, the forsaken can be priests...

Orcs should be too conservative to learn new arts. They should be simple.

I hate the idea of orcish paladins. They are the ultimate tooth and sword warrior race by nature.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-06-16 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I hate the idea of orcish paladins.
    THe amount of bad story telling they had to pull out of the bag to justify horde paladins; they really should have left it well alone.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    THe amount of bad story telling they had to pull out of the bag to justify horde paladins; they really should have left it well alone.
    Would not be fair then. Unless the alliance would lose the shaman class, then I agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    the orcs tortured the draenei like they did on draenor till they gave over their light to them.
    but remember orcs are still the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Would not be fair then. Unless the alliance would lose the shaman class, then I agree.
    Well yeah, I mean; shamanic lore being a little more wishy washy means I at least feel like it wasn't such a disaster threading in dwaves as shaman, but certainly I think it would be interesting to see the evolution of the game if the two classes had been kept faction specific

I would drop shaman on Alliance in a heartbeat to get some Paladin integrity back

Culturally orcs may not tend to become paladins, but saying they simply cannot is bordering on racism. The implication being that they lack some sort of necessarily mental and/or spiritual capacity that other races who are paladins have. There's nothing to really say that an orc can't approach Light's Hope and ask to be trained if they are accepted, or go ask a Tauren, Dwarf, Human, etc. I don't believe a human in inherently more worthy than an orc.

The only stipulation to this I could/would accept is if the deities in question were a far more directly active in the world to the extent that they would specifically say "I will NOT accept orcs." and then it becomes more a matter of their specific distrust/dislike of orcs rather than anything inherent about Orcs.

Imagine if there was a game that said Asians lacked the capacity to be Paladins. I can't imagine that would be well-received.

After we cleansed Argus in exterminatus the space orks from clan Stupid Black Tooth were left behind. Nobody wanted those smelly bastards on their ship. In desperatation, they found a last portal leading into naru world. They do what all orks do when approach new world. They conquered it and slaughtered all naru. Stupid Black Tooth was always very traditional and Stupid Shamans put the leftover body parts of noble naru as decorations for clan warriors. Suddenly, they all lighted up like Stupid Tree and through the spirits of space puzzles bounded within caracass Stupid orks can now channel the Holy light. Or how those noble savages call it: Me shiny! Me kill you with sparkles!