Thread: London fire.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    These people had jobs.

They weren't scroungers, or beggers. They worked for a living, in the local area, on salaries that couldn't support a mortgage on a multimillion pound house down the street. On salaries that couldn't support the commute to get to those jobs.
    True-but it is rather sad that people hate the unemployed so much they think it is ok if they burn to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    True-but it is rather sad that people hate the unemployed so much they think it is ok if they burn to death.
    Indeed. Seems not even the unemployed, just people with 'not a good enough job' even if that job is teaching your kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't hurt that a lot of them are brown and have funny names either, I literally read a facebook comment that said its just a load of muzzie immigrants or something to that effect, this was on the Britain first page mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Because by begging, the people who contribute are doing so voluntarily and are not having their money confiscated by the government by force to pay for it.
    Some societies prefer not to have its citizens dying from lack of food, shelter, medical bills.
    US just need to enter the same century if they so choose.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2017-06-16 at 12:01 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    So lot's of going back and forth of who's to blame but the real question right now is; will this event actually change anything?

We all know the sad answer, nothing that actually has an impact will happen. It will blow over in a few weeks/months and that's the end of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Fuck dude, do you not know how anything in the real world works? People don't go around just building houses because that space isn't occupied. You can't just live out in the middle of fucking nowhere without any jobs or other civilization around.
    Thats what we do in America. Its called buy a car and drive a half hour to work every day. Its nice and peaceful to live in the countryside, and much better views too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    So lot's of going back and forth of who's to blame but the real question right now is; will this event actually change anything?

We all know the sad answer, nothing that actually has an impact will happen. It will blow over in a few weeks/months and that's the end of that.
    No I think that is too cynical. There will be campaigns set up by families of the bereaved and pressure on the government to tighten planning regulations.

More generally, and the tide is turning that way already, there will be greater focus on the poor and vulnerable.

Deleted
    No I think that is too cynical. There will be campaigns set up by families of the bereaved and pressure on the government to tighten planning regulations.

More generally, and the tide is turning that way already, there will be greater focus on the poor and vulnerable.
    Planning regulations are already tight now, the problem is this building was from the 70s and didn't have safety measures established in later regulation changes because they weren't retroactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    We didn't have no fires in London before [snipped]
    Didn't have no fires = Did have some fires. Double negatives (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekach View Post
    I dont quite understand how is this thread-worthy. A tragic event for sure but these occur by the hundreds every hour. Developers cut costs at every corner *in* every corner of the globe. Shit sux yo...
    Because it's the biggest known residental fire in England?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats what we do in America. Its called buy a car and drive a half hour to work every day. Its nice and peaceful to live in the countryside, and much better views too
    We don't have unoccupied wildnerness in the UK. If it's not built on, it's being farmed or otherwise managed for some application or other. You can't just 'go and build a house'.

Also, half an hour commute? Have you actually seen an actual city?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Planning regulations are already tight now, the problem is this building was from the 70s and didn't have safety measures established in later regulation changes because they weren't retroactive.
    I read at BBC at the day after the event or the day after that it was renovated as late as a few months ago externally. Surely they must have followed the latest regulations then?
    I should doble check what I read but I'm pretty sure.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I read at BBC at the day after the event or the day after that it was renovated as late as a few months ago externally. Surely they must have followed the latest regulations then?
    I should doble check what I read but I'm pretty sure.
    Externally, yes. Fire alarms and sprinklers are internal though.

Deleted
    It takes longer than 30 mins to travel 30 miles unless you have a helicopter

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We don't have unoccupied wildnerness in the UK. If it's not built on, it's being farmed or otherwise managed for some application or other. You can't just 'go and build a house'.

Also, half an hour commute? Have you actually seen an actual city?
    Shit man, you triggered Orlong's 'muh freedoms'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Shit man, you triggered Orlong's 'muh freedoms'.
    I am convinced he isn't actually human or perhaps a psycopath locked underground with internet access

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Externally, yes. Fire alarms and sprinklers are internal though.
    Yea but the material was sub-regulations wasnt it, the cladding of the house was made of some old plastic material not used any longer for due to its shit performance during fires.
    Dont know about the sprinklers etc, maybe the 'full and thorough investigation' will come up with something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekach View Post
    Was that one also rife with righteous indignation ...
    Actually, yes it was. Shinra turned up spouting his usual self-righteous bullshit after a couple of posts.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Didn't have no fires = Did have some fires. Double negatives (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative).
    Yes, its a thing in the UK when you're trying to look stupid you use double negatives on purpose to sound less educated. At least the circles I work in do. Zelk wouldn't normally say that about muslims so what I think he's trying to portray is your uneducated oik using double negatives because they're too stupid to realise what they're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Either way, saying he accomplished little is so short sighted and shows the kind of anti-Corbyn rhetoric no matter what he does that we expect from you.
    If it wasn't little then what great purpose was achieved? I made no apologies for my dislike of Corbyn, I think the man has his heart in the right place, but I find too many of his political views short sighted and dangerous.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh