Legendaries from raid bosses you can no longer get AP from?

So say you have cleared normal nighthold.. Since 7.2.5 this now means you can no longer gain AP from nighthold bosses on Heroic and Mythic.

Can anyone confirm that they have received a Legendary from a raid boss that could not drop AP for them, like in the situation I listed above?
    Or is it possible that the bosses we can not receive AP tokens from, can also not drop a legendary or bump up our BLP?

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    So say you have cleared normal nighthold.. Since 7.2.5 this now means you can no longer gain AP from nighthold bosses on Heroic and Mythic.

Can anyone confirm that they have received a Legendary from a raid boss that could not drop AP for them, like in the situation I listed above?
    Or is it possible that the bosses we can not receive AP tokens from, can also not drop a legendary or bump up our BLP?
    Should be as long as you can loot the boss there is still a chance. AP never had anything to do with.

Indeed, AP and any other loot or legendaries are entirely unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Should be as long as you can loot the boss there is still a chance. AP never had anything to do with.
    But the legendary doesnt come from the loot. Exactly the same as AP is just gets given to you. So how do we know they haven't just separately switched off Legendaries from bosses you have killed on another difficulty like AP?

Deleted
    Works
    Our shadow got a leggo from ToV nhc AFTER doing ToV heroic just 15mins before

Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    Works
    Our shadow got a leggo from ToV nhc AFTER doing ToV heroic just 15mins before
    cheers for the info

Um, no. I don't think that is how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Um, no. I don't think that is how that works.
    Um, yes it is exactly how it works now.. :P

That is not how I would interpret it. Boss loot and drops are usually unique per difficulty, so it would make sense you could get AP from normal, heroic, mythic Skorpyron etc.

If this is NOT how it works, then Blizzard did an awful job at explaining it, and I have no idea how that would interact with LFR since LFR only rewards per wing.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    That is not how I would interpret it. Boss loot and drops are usually unique per difficulty, so it would make sense you could get AP from normal, heroic, mythic Skorpyron etc.

If this is NOT how it works, then Blizzard did an awful job at explaining it, and I have no idea how that would interact with LFR since LFR only rewards per wing.
    What is unclear about these patch notes:

- Legion Raid bosses now have a new Artifact Power item that drops 100% of the time, once per week, on all difficulties except Raid Finder. Bosses in the newest Raid drop more Artifact Power than older Raids.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

I don't think so. I think you're reading your own assumptions into what they wrote.

Legion Raid bosses now have a new Artifact Power item that drops 100% of the time, once per week, on all difficulties except Raid Finder. Bosses in the newest Raid drop more Artifact Power than older Raids.
    You seem to be taking that to mean that normal Krosos = heroic Krosos = mythic Krosos, for instance. I do not think that is what the quote is saying.

It should.

My war alt got a legendary from EN norm the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    What is unclear about these patch notes:

- Legion Raid bosses now have a new Artifact Power item that drops 100% of the time, once per week, on all difficulties except Raid Finder. Bosses in the newest Raid drop more Artifact Power than older Raids.
    I read that as normal bosses =/= heroic bosses, especially since a player can loot the same boss across different difficulties every week. Doesn't that make more sense?

15+ Year Old Account

I don't know why people suddenly think something is changing with legendary drops. You are eligible to win a legendary off any boss in any dungeon and raid instance where you are loot eligible. So if you're crazy about raiding you have up to 80 chances for a legendary from the 3 raids on all 4 difficulties.

The new artifact power item drops 100% of the time on normal, heroic and mythic difficulties now. For Raid Finder the artifact power is rewarded when completing the wing. It wasn't 100% guaranteed prior to 7.2.5 on normal, heroic or mythic. That's the only thing that changed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Can confirm you can get a legendary and No Ap. Cleared heroic then cleared normal . No AP dropped but the new ring did. No Ap on mythic because heroic was cleared first before we noticed AP wasn't dropping until 2nd boss.