Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ISIS leader al-Baghdadi killed in Russian air strike

Al-Jazeera reporting. Just goes to prove how much of a nincompoop Obama was. Now we are just over Trump's first 100 days and Mosul, Raqqa, al-Baghdadi are all being taken - ISIS is done.

Russia claims killing ISIL leader Baghdadi
    Russia has claimed killing the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant group in an air strike targeting a meeting of ISIL leaders just outside the fighters' de facto capital in Syria.

The air strike was launched after the Russian forces in Syria received intelligence that an ISIL meeting was being planned, the ministry said in a statement posted on its Facebook page on Friday.

"On May 28, after drones were used to confirm the information on the place and time of the meeting of [ISIL] leaders, between 00:35 and 00:45, Russian air forces launched a strike on the command point where the leaders were located," the statement said.

"According to the information which is now being checked via various channels, also present at the meeting was [ISIL] leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who was eliminated as a result of the strike."

The strike is believed to have killed several other senior leaders of the group, as well as about 30 field commanders and up to 300 of their personal guards, the Russian statement said.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2017-06-16 at 10:07 PM.

This is good news.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I just hope they don't go on an all out revenge streak in Euro.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    >Russia did it
    >OP praises Trump

These things, they do not go together. Methinks the OP is confused.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    >Russia did it
    >OP praises Trump

I think they do go together in more ways than we know...

Very crafty Trump hating OP.

Deleted
    Lol trump.

He seems to prefer blowing up syrian airfields that allegedly launched chemical attacks for which there is still no proof whatsoever. (and nobody seems to be in a hurry to actually try and find some)

If ISIS truly goes down it will be thanks to the kurds and the brave volunteers who fight with them. They are actually fighting on the ground and giving their lives to push ISIS back. Russian air support is nice though.

up like Donald Trump
    in obama time everything is getting worse
    in Trump time everything is getting better

I hope they did get him, but it's worth noting that there has been no independent confirmation of it, and the Pentagon doesn't think it's true.
    Last edited by Xar226; 2017-06-16 at 10:43 PM.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Firstly, it's not confirmed. They said they are investigating the matter.
    Secondly, the hell does that or any of the other things you mentioned have to do with trump?
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2017-06-16 at 10:45 PM.

Trump saved us all!
    Thank you Trump!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    >Russia did it
    >OP praises Trump

Not to mention insults Obama, when GWB literally had the guy custody and released him.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've heard he has been killed like 50 times over already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was reading up on this al-Baghdadi dude and came across this guy who looks like George Clooney.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Muslim_al-Turkmani

...The resemblance just kinda made me giggle.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh him being dead would just pass leadership to the next scum in line, thou I'm not holding my breath for a confirm kill.

< wasn't the US what did it
    < even if it was Trimp would have had next to nothing to do with it other than giving the go ahead
    < using OP's logic Obama killed Osama so he's still done a better job then Trump has so far /shrug

We should not be celebrating anybody's death. What a sick thread.

Hell yeah, nice work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Meh him being dead would just pass leadership to the next scum in line, thou I'm not holding my breath for a confirm kill.
    That may be true, but it keeps things in disarray, and makes it easier to plant spies.

This sounds like it could very possibly be fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's been allegedly killed a few times.