Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they could improve their functionality, then yes. As they were in Dreanor, not so much.

I'm thinking if they combined Class halls and Garrisons so that you had an area open to many people, but with phased customization to your specific choices (including cosmetic,) then they could work I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Well, I thought the Horde Garrison was really bland (Lunarfall, on the other hand, oozed personality), but still; there was definitely potential there.
    I was the other way around. I hated the Alliance layout and loved the personality of the Horde one. It's too fucking dark in Shadowmoon.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    naw. twas fun the first time despite a lot of people disliking it. I wouldn´t want it to come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I would love to see Guild-Garrisons. They serve no purpose on a Player-Basis in an MMO, imho, but on a Guild level i would love them. It would be a place to hang out with your fellow Guildies, RP a bit or practice on special kinds of target dummies or whatever...there have been many fun minigames throuout the history of WoW that could make a return here. You would unlock vendors, services, games, customizations by doing stuff TOGETHER as a guild. It would take 15-25 active members to progress on most stuff reasonably fast.

With how sharding works in current WoW there really is no place to meet your guild. It would also be the PERFECT place to advertise your guild because you could invite applicants into it and the level of customization alone would tell them a lot about your guild. Players would have more reason to actually be in active guilds besides mythic raiding. Guilds made this game great long before there was mythic raiding.

In the past Ion brushed the whole idea away with "only the guild master would have been engaged in customization". Well, duh...i can think of a LOT of ways how to have more members engaged than just the guild master. Have segments for each race of the faction inside of it, have some kind of voting system for who gets to decide what things should look like for a limited time. Have a lot more micro-customization, like displaying trophies and such, instead of a monolithic "this building - there" option.

Of course most of that would not work for your anonymous level-up guild with 1000 members...or your hardcore mythic raiding guild. But i think it would work well for most people in between.

So...this is how i would like Garrisons to return. But on a single-player/account level? No, i don't miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Even though Garrisons were *FAR* from any sort of "player housing", nevertheless I enjoyed my time with them. Well, I thought the Horde Garrison was really bland (Lunarfall, on the other hand, oozed personality), but still; there was definitely potential there. Especially when they started introducing *ACTUAL* customization, like music, guards, and decorations.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but even though Garrisons definitely did a lot of things that were detrimental to the game as a whole, I'd still like to see Blizzard return to the idea. Don't make them mandatory (or even "rewarding" in terms of raid-gear), but add further levels of customization, and maybe find a happy medium between WoD's Followers and Legion's Champions (I hate having to worry about which characters are "active", as it makes new followers feel less rewarding).

I'd probably move the Garrisons someplace a little more neutral, though, and maybe make them account-wide. Have Class-specific cosmetic rewards, and really be able to make your Garrison into a fortress of your choosing.

But maybe I'm alone on that?
    Garrisons never went away... they were just modified to Class Halls so that you were not as "isolated"