7+ Year Old Account

Muslim 'peace march' held in Germany but turnout disappoints

A Muslim "peace march" against terrorism has been held in the German city of Cologne but has drawn fewer participants than organizers had hoped for.

The dpa news agency reported that a few hundred people gathered for the demonstration Saturday, with placards such as "Together against terror" and "Hatred makes the earth hell," and the crowd later grew to over 1,000.

The organizers had expected several thousand protesters.

The country's biggest Islamic association had refused to take part in the march. The Turkish-Islamic Union argued it would send the wrong signal by suggesting that international terrorism is mainly a Muslim problem. It also said Muslims observing the Ramadan fast couldn't be expected to march for hours in summer temperatures.

That stance drew criticism from the government, which welcomed the march.
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...oints-48103807

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao wow talk about a lame story that made headlines in the last few days. Most of those people probably arent muslim in the pictures either ( though I cant judge a book by its cover)

I dont think Ramadan is a valid excuse either as i work with a lot of muslims and they carry on as normal, saving lives during code blues and such.

So logical deduction would be if they don't march against terror, they are quite obviously for terror.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Deleted
    I've visited some of the candle vigils that people often stage for these things. And I'm outspoken against terrorism, and indoctrination. But I doubt I'd go to a Muslim march.

A tanned german attack will happen again soon, I'm sure the native germs can't wait.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-18 at 12:37 AM.
    Working on my next ban.

Shame more people don't like positive news stories.
    Negativity is what sells.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-love-bad-news

Holding a peace march doesn't prove anything anyway. It's just for optics.

The muslim community probably didn't feel it was necessary to prove they're peaceful people by having a parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    So logical deduction would be if they don't march against terror, they are quite obviously for terror.
    I think a argument could be made for complacency rather than out right approval.

Or maybe not, who knows.

I wonder how many Buddhists live in Germany and why they don't feel the need to have an anti-terrorism march.

Second thread about it, first was closed.
    First thread linked a UK news outlet that told us 10.000 people was there... .
    German media reported over 1000 people showed up and some pics from twitter showed around 400-500 people and half of them were native german supporter and news reporter. But still a move in the right direction.

Side note, Ditib the biggest muslim cultural association in germany was against it.
    Reason was ramadan, since muslims shouldnt protest in a weaken state, thats not reasonable at 25°.
    (Last year we got during ramadan in germany muslim protests against israel in most bigger german citys at 27° but that was fine)

You can't expect people to show up to a march while on a fast!! Seriously, even 1000 is way more than expected by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, closing this one down as the original had to be closed too.

closing