Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Fidget Spinner..The new fad Toy..do you have one?

So this is the new fad toy called the "Fidget Spinner"

I am starting to see lots of them suddenly appear in the public domain eg local shops, magazines etc

But what are they.. ?

From what I believe , they are a toy to relieve stress.
    Years ago we had the "Stress Ball" a little ball you could squeeze

Fidget spinners are the new stress ball then.

On ebay some Cobalt Fidget spinners cost $103 each.. Wow my stress ball never cost that.

Kim Kardashian even now has a Fidget spinner

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...er-daddy-money

Fidget spinners, it seems, have become this year's leading toy fad. I'm a sociologist who has studied fads, and the rapid popularity, media attention and concerns over a new toy craze are a familiar story. As for adults' confusion about the purpose of the fidget spinner -- for many kids, that's probably part of its appeal.
    Don't know what a fidget spinner is? Not to worry -- most people who aren't in touch with school-age children don't have a clue. (When I asked a class of 30 college students, only two knew what they were.)

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/17/he...ner/index.html

Finally it seems you can do tricks with these Fidget Spinners, which you could not do with a stress ball.

Brink back the Yo-Yo I say

I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    You're about three months late to this non topic.
    They probably hit Australia this weekend.

Someone in my class had the app, he just sat there spinning a virtual one on the screen. I was just thinking..."wtf?"

nah my fidgeting is soothed by clicking things not spinning them. I can go to the hardware store and buy a light switch that's probably cheaper and get more out of it then those things. or hell even a clicky top pen will do the trick.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-06-18 at 04:17 AM.

I have one. It's incredibly addictive.

So funny, I saw them for sale at Walmart today. My 6 year old niece saw the "fidget cube" commercial on TV and went crazy wanting one even though she had absolutely no idea WTH it was.

I've seen ppl with them at work. I don't have one though, wouldn't waste my time nor money on that crap.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just another ridiculous and useless thing.

But, but.... it relieves stress !! Yeah, they need to create an use to make people buy this sh1t.
    If i want to stare to my wristwatch indefinitely, it will also relieve my stress. You just need to empty your mind, and can use every fucking object for this.

Now, every youtuber have a video with this little thing, saying how amazing it is. /facepalm

To be honest, i am pretty sure those little things would be stuck on the stores if it were not for influential youtubers recording video spinning it.

Mankind never ceases to amaze me.

I played with one at the store for about five seconds, got bored. Would probably get more mileage out of a cube, with buttons/switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    nah my fidgeting is soothed by clicking things not spinning them. I can go to the hardware store and buy a light switch that's probably cheaper and get more out of it then those things. or hell even a clicky top pen will do the trick.
    May I present to you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Will probably wait for them to die off then get one for its intended purpose.

Fidget toys are not new. Been fidgeting with clicky pens, rubber bands, paper clips, guitar picks, anything that can make a tap tap noise, straws, whatever for ages.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    yeah but pens cost a dollar.

Nope, because I'm not a child. Also, I'm not going to watch that stupid-looking video.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had one for about 6 months. Paid a little extra for a quieter bearing, so I wouldn't annoy people around me.

It's about the tactile feedback for me. I really don't have any interest in "tricks" (which look abysmally stupid to me; pen or yo-yo tricks both look more "neat"), and the digital app version just seem spectacularly stupid.

I have it for the same reason I have a fidget cube. It's less a "toy" and more a way to occupy my hands.

If stress relief comes down to fucking fidget spinners, then weed needs to be legalized now more than ever. Jesus Christ.

I don't care for fidget spinners but I do like assembly stuff like Legos.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    I don't have one but prefer them over these "toys" that are being sold on the beach in Italy, that can fly several meters high and might land on anyone who happens to be near.

fidget spinner is the new member of the vape, fedora, those future looking skateboard things, etc family

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I see people playing with these damn things in the middle of a conversation, I just want to smack them. It's about as rude as pulling out your phone.