Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this is the perfeckly example why wow lost so many players - the levels of toxicity are on all time high

what blizzard should do is finally get rid of people like you who bring nothing but toxicity to the game.
    It's far from being toxic, I am a 915ilvl player, I spend a lot of my own time to ap farm, stay competitive, geared, and most of all to play well.

If I'm going to do content, why would I want that to take longer? Why would I go do m+ with people much less geared then me, to take up even more of my time?

There is no reason for me to have to waste my time, to humour players who aren't willing to put in time an effort into their character.

There is nothing wrong with players who don't do what I do, with casual players, 100% more power to them, people should do what they enjoy. But that doesn't mean that I should have to carry them through content. It doesn't give them a free pass, and shouldn't give them a free pass, into any group they want.

There are plenty of groups around their ilvl, that will take an appropriate amount of time for them. I choose not to partake in that, I'd rather group with people who are like-minded to me, and would like to do content very fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Ask for KSM for M+ and Curve for Raids, easy
    For around 2 months now, neither of those achievements (tbh, for longer) have been a good way to tell if a player was decent.

You can get 900 without ever entering a dungeon or a raid other than what's require for the third relic unlock
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    910+ is unreachable without having at least 5/10 mythic NH on farm, anyone claiming otherwise needs their teeth punched in.
    Or by PvPing. PvP is absurdly good for gearing up if you're at a decent rating.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

With the loom change I recently leveled my mage and was able to DE everything as I leveled. Ended up with a stack of bloods. Went to the AH and bought perfect gear and had a stack of oblit on the main. 15 minutes of so after hitting 110 I was pretty much ilvl 890. Blizzard has made the gearing gap between top end and quick catch up around 15 or so ilvl. AKA not that big. Not to mention PVPing can quickly gear you up too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Dear Erisique,

This is not your blog, this may come as a suprise, but you dont have to do dungeons to get a high ilvl, i have friends who are mythic raiders but havent even done some of the dungeons in legion like kharazhan. I also know people who are 900 from pvp gear, and are doing dungeons for balance of power but know nothing about the dungeons

Felplague

P.S. nor is MMOchamp a mailbox to your sweet beloved
    Wow, you really made effort to diss a new player on the forums. Haha, you are so sad. Like, he/she/whatever is discussing the game. If you got a problem with that, maybe you can go write a blog about it but don't tell people on forums that writing on forums is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Erisique View Post
    Hello mmo-c,

I am not that kind of player who pug everything and I was really surprised when I figured out, that players around 890 ilvl in no keystone mythic dungeons have no clue about dungeon/class/bosses. That was one of my worst experience in WoW in last few years probably. Is that what blizzard wanted? Are you meeting same issue? I thought that being 890ilvl means that you needed to do some content to get that gear. I am sad about that, because if you want to clear some low ilvl based content with no stress, you have to raise your reqs extremely, and I do not like that. Same experience with higher keystones. Almost everytime we need to pug one/two dps for 10+ key, we look for players with at least 905-910 ilvl, and these guys are just braindead mostly. I do not get it how this became an issue. Is getting relatively high gear easy for casuals aswell or what? What reqs do you/your group have for pugging safely?

Erisique
    I've had the same experience each time I pugged, which is why I almost exclusively do M+ with my guild only(had a whole week of 5 VDH runs lol).

Seeing as I've played Legion since the launch and remember how long we've been raiding to get to 880, I still consider these ilvls to be "high ilvls", although they no longer are. I leveled a mage in the previous patch and having done almost no significant PvE content whatsoever I've gone beyond the average ilvl of 890. Done a few low level M+, the Broken Shore world bosses and cashed out nethershards for relinquished tokens.

A few weeks back I've done a +14 with a fire mage(ilvl 917) who also happened to have Cutting Edge Gul'dan and he was absolutely horrible; bottom DPS(outdpsed by our tank on trash), he kept pulling additional mobs, he had absolutely no idea what to do with the affixes nor what they mean.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-06-18 at 03:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Wow, you really made effort to diss a new player on the forums. Haha, you are so sad. Like, he/she/whatever is discussing the game. If you got a problem with that, maybe you can go write a blog about it but don't tell people on forums that writing on forums is wrong.
    new player? hes been on the forums for 9+ months

it just seems to be more complaining about "getting high ilvl is too easy, gamesux, look at all these high ilvl people who havent even done the dungeon before, gamesux
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Perhaps, but a player with them is better or at least has more experience than one without. I've asked for them since people started having them and I don't remember ever depleting a keystone if I'm honest
    I usually ask "Link something impressive" most people will then link their best mythic kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Or don't raid for their end game, or play multiple characters at once...
    which is a good sign of avoiding that person, casuals can make their own groups.

880 is the catch up level currently. That is w/o wf/tf, legendaries and weapon. You can have 890 without having to have ever seen the inside of a dungeon atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I usually ask "Link something impressive" most people will then link their best mythic kill.
    Tried that once, someone linked their sha cloud serpent mount.

Look at health, it's quite easy to spot who's got a bloated gear level without actually having put any effort into their Artifact weapon in order to max it out for performance.

Not to mention that the very much real business of buying your gear for gold/real money was always a thing, no matter what the expansion. High ilvl doesn't have to equal a good player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Look at health, it's quite easy to spot who's got a bloated gear level without actually having put any effort into their Artifact weapon in order to max it out for performance.

Not to mention that the very much real business of buying your gear for gold/real money was always a thing, no matter what the expansion. High ilvl doesn't have to equal a good player.
    As if it's hard to get AP maxed without any dungeons these days when you can just get to ak40 in 2 days max. HP is a shitty identifier, especially when everyone has easy access to stamina trinkets.

Past 900 and I have no idea of the fancy tactics one does inside Legion Dungeons in order to avoid stuff, for I barely ran them and certainly never bothered with mythics.

The amount of skipping and shortcuts disgusts me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The amount of skipping and shortcuts disgusts me.
    Getting to Fenryr without taking shortcuts is unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    925 won't work, that's way too high. :P

Over 900 I'd say is usually safe-ish. Most often they've at least done NH heroic, chances are they know their dungeons as well.
    NH heroic? My toons are all 900+ (except my DH who is about 4 days old and is 888) and I've never even done NH regular. In fact, I haven't done a single raid tier above LFR this xpac just because I play much later than my guilds raid schedule and don't care about raids beyond a casual level anyway.

All a 900ilvl proves is that people do broken shore and world quests. You can get 925+ gear from broken shore world bosses with lucky procs (bosses like brutallus, not the rares).

Deleted
    Grinding Sentinax 24/7 doesn't count.

You are no longer safe with Ilvl. You are gambling on pugs. Reason you can craft 900 gear, nethershard up to 925, LFR chances at 925, BOE at 910, and WQ can go to 905. So, you can can say 920 still will not stop the special ppl. Blizzard made this game for hard core and special ppl and made them equal. Truly not equal due to the ppl that try do more for less and the special ppl do less for more. Blizzard has a liberal in the house or a European.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zezel81 View Post
    Blizzard has a liberal in the house or a European.
    Not wanting to put any effort into anything and taking everything for granted is an American trait, just look at Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Dear Erisique,

This is not your blog, this may come as a suprise, but you dont have to do dungeons to get a high ilvl, i have friends who are mythic raiders but havent even done some of the dungeons in legion like kharazhan. I also know people who are 900 from pvp gear, and are doing dungeons for balance of power but know nothing about the dungeons

Felplague

P.S. nor is MMOchamp a mailbox to your sweet beloved
    Let the person write the way that comes naturally to them. K thx.