Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reading people here who couldn't even complete the mage tower affliction challenge without cheating it complain about how the specs were fine and now they're doomed is a source of much needed laughter.

Some of you people have no shame. There's no question affliction and arms were retarded OP.

Destro's a grey area. It was doing well, but it was NH farm, where people can just skip mechanics.

Movement in ToS will really hamper destro, so I think the nerf should have been around 2-3% if there were any for it.

Affliction now has most of its damage mobile with MG's role on their output neutered. It's going to be a crazy powerful ranged spec even post 5% nerf.

In any fight with actual length, I am annihilating demonhunters and frost DK's, and still surpassing assassination rogues while having supremely better cleave and being a ranged class.

This is the best affliction has ever been this xpac, stop crying.

Soul effigy's gone. Phantom singularity is better than soul harvest in both aoe and ST. The rest of the rows are really well balanced.

Demo's the spec that still gets shit on this entire xpac.

If you want to cry about anything, do it over demo.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-06-17 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    It was coming our way, there is no denying it. If it actually turns out that it was an overnerf, we will be buffed back up a bit after the heroic week...
    Then you wait until then, you don't come out of the gate hitting classes with nerf when you don't have any relevant content to judge it by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Then you wait until then, you don't come out of the gate hitting classes with nerf when you don't have any relevant content to judge it by.
    Sadly that´s the normal modus operanti since Celestalol is involved with the classtuning.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Yeah, let's wait. just like they did with nerfing fury warriors and their retarded draught of souls, which everyone saw coming from a mile away. That always works well.

Waiting is the incorrect thing to do, if things don't change quickly then people get comfortable and think its going to stay that way. They then swap over to that class / spec and get bit in the ass later when it gets nerfed. This can hurt the entire guild as they'll plan and structure their raids going into a tier around whats good at the time. It puts blizzard in a position where they end up forced to let specs stay overpowered because people are relying on them or directly hurt many guilds.

Its better to know what you're dealing with ahead of time rather than after the fact. Its much much easier to bring a spec up during the tier than it is to bring one down.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Please bring on more punishment beatings and quickly!
    Last edited by mmocf945c95b4b; 2017-06-17 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Reading people here who couldn't even complete the mage tower affliction challenge without cheating it complain about how the specs were fine and now they're doomed is a source of much needed laughter.

Some of you people have no shame. There's no question affliction and arms were retarded OP.
    And again I will say, it is important to understand what made it "retarded OP" and why it wouldn't have been the same in Sargeras.

Arms warriors are not getting excessively high uptimes of self-buffs that can add up to 40% damage increases.
    Affliction warlocks are.
    You only need to look at how much affliction drops down on Trilliax.
    We are middle of the pack there. Thereis one reason. The robot adds do not die. They therefore do not proc Wrath/tormented souls/soulshards.
    Keeping in mind that affliction can cheese alot of (useless) damage, all you need ot do is take AC and run around dumping it on the robots.

This is why people are getting heated over affliction nerfs, nerfing aff before the Sargeras raid opens means the data they are using is mostly Nighthold and probably dungeons as well.

Both of those mean affliction benefits from much higher uptimes of it;s self-buffs than it will get in Sargeras.

Everyone rmembers how affliction jumped up between 7.1.5 and 7.2 and it was all due to the change they made to adds. In factthe jump up was so big many people thought it was an unintentional change where the limits that had previously applied suddenly did not, the reactin was "is this for real, is it intentional, it's going to make affliction damage crazy"

But then aff's on-death procs have always been an albatross around it;s neck becaus eof the way they can swing from wildly OP to useless from one encounter to another - and they're BIG buffs. The old Wrath of Consumption could be a 20% buff you eithe rhad or didn;t have, how can you sensibly tune with that hanging around?
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-06-17 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    And again I will say, it is important to understand what made it "retarded OP" and why it wouldn't have been the same in Sargeras.

Keeping in mind that affliction can cheese alot of (useless) damage, all you need ot do is take AC and run around dumping it on the robots.
    dont think this cheese actually works though, atleast i was under the impression that Warcraft logs discarded all damage done to robots when compiling the ranks for the Trilliax fight.

oh man this thread, i loled at "warlock middle of the pack" and the guy rage quiting because affli is no longer so far ahead of every single range dps spec in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    dont think this cheese actually works though, atleast i was under the impression that Warcraft logs discarded all damage done to robots when compiling the ranks for the Trilliax fight.

You people really don't get it, affliction is mediocre multitarget if you don't heavily spec into it, all the robots do is give the warlock a whole lot more shards just by applying agonys to them, That's it.

Soul shards being the source of a little less than half our damage so this is a big deal, NH is full of shit like this, you don't give a fuck about the damage to those little adds on half the fights, they are just soul/shards batteries, and the devs/crybbabies want locks to be tuned around a old obsolete raid with an overabundance of adds, something the new upcoming raid does not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Nicely said. NH having adds was not the reason affliction was the most played warlock spec by far in every type of content. After the patch it felt that affliction actually got buffs instead of well deserved nerfs, and i'm afraid those 5% are not enough

Quote Originally Posted by satori sartori View Post
    You people really don't get it, affliction is mediocre multitarget if you don't heavily spec into it, all the robots do is give the warlock a whole lot more shards just by applying agonys to them, That's it.

Soul shards being the source of a little less than half our damage so this is a big deal, NH is full of shit like this, you don't give a fuck about the damage to those little adds on half the fights, they are just soul/shards batteries, and the devs/crybbabies want locks to be tuned around a old obsolete raid with an overabundance of adds, something the new upcoming raid does not have.
    Thats a whole different story, if you read the post i'm quoting its about speccing into AC and dropping corruption on the robots for extra damage. My post is not about dropping a few agony's on the robots, which actually is usefull and should always be done and cannot be seen as a cheese mechanic.
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-06-18 at 11:41 AM.

While i share the worry about the tuning being made on NH numbers those numbers are relevant for early ToS content and that would put locks in a bit to good of a position. My main worry is that affli will be hit a bit to hard since we will be loosing our main advantage from NH where we could abuse our weapon by tagging adds.

I would just wait and see how things shape up in NH before causing a shit storm since i predict that locks will be in the top tier as far as dps goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some seriously odd complaints here Afflic/ Destro with the 5% nerf will still be in a really good spot and miles ahead of tons of other specs. Both would still be better then Fire/Arcane, even with the 3% buff those specs got.

I like how they toss out the same random 3% damage increase to specs they think are underpowered and 5% to specs they think are overpowered, not even individually buffing and nerfing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Because being mediocre was apparently too much for us...
    Have you looked at rankings recently?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ion=3&sample=7

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I like how they toss out the same random 3% damage increase to specs they think are underpowered and 5% to specs they think are overpowered, not even individually buffing and nerfing anymore.
    They are underpowered. Ret, Ele, Fire, Arcane, and Survival are dumpster diving.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Have you looked at rankings recently?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ion=3&sample=7

- - - Updated - - -

They are underpowered. Ret, Ele, Fire, Arcane, and Survival are dumpster diving.
    Yeah, I don't doubt that they are. I just wish they got enough attention to be individually buffed the same way they should've went about the nerfs. It literally sounds like this happened "give the highest performing classes 5% nerfs and lowest performing 3% buffs", which is kinda garbage. If say arcane was comeplete garbage they should look at the data, give it a % based increase and move onto the next class / spec. It's just lazy and inept when you toss out the same nerf or buff to a group of classes and specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Yeah, I don't doubt that they are. I just wish they got enough attention to be individually buffed the same way they should've went about the nerfs. It literally sounds like this happened "give the highest performing classes 5% nerfs and lowest performing 3% buffs", which is kinda garbage. If say arcane was comeplete garbage they should look at the data, give it a % based increase and move onto the next class / spec. It's just lazy and inept when you toss out the same nerf or buff to a group of classes and specs.
    I do think they got the numbers wrong for sure. I do think a 5% nerf is a bit too much for the top specs and 3% too little for the bottom specs. Should have been reversed. 3% nerf and 5% buff.

Deleted
    There are many problem with the detru nerf :
    -Destru got a high pull burst making it really strong when farming NH content.

-heavy AoE is middle of the pack : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=1849&region=3
    -Burst AoE is good but will become middle low with a 5% nerf : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=1871&region=3

-The only fight destru is topping are cleave fight (Elisande) and Etraeus/Anomaly : ST fight with Aoe Cleave and Cleave (which is the specialty of the actual ST build).
    -T20 is gonna be shitty (2p : 2.5% dps, 4p 4.5% dps) and T19 is really good to cleave (fast CB + at least 2 conflags during every havoc).

They should have nerfed Cleave by 5 % (CB / Conflag) and ST by 3%.
    But like @Gohzerlock said, they are just applying a general hot fix without any thinking to makes half of the player base happy before ToS.

What i don't want and fear for destru:
    -We are gonna be middle high of the pack in the first 2 weeks but with low AoE (making us undesirable in MM+).
    -We are gonna start slowly falling to middle low when people are gonna get their T20 P4 => too late for any buff.
    Last edited by mmoc07bbc36aa1; 2017-06-19 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro middle of the pack and undesirable for M+... lol?

Destro is great in M+ now and 5% nerf won't do much, let's not pretend it's some end of the world shall we?