Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Also with all the rumours going around it's possible LV and Nashville have a deal where they avoid taking Neal.

All of the rumors I've been getting is that he is trying but he has nothing done yet, and that's pretty much been the case all weekend.

Also Vegas has already stated they aren't looking to be competitive right away, they are looking to get assets and don't mind stinking next season. It's the reason why I think Poile has one hell of a job trying to keep them from taking Neal. You could probably flip him for more than we can reasonable offer to begin with.

Also lets not forget in all of these negotiations, this is the guy Poile stole Forsberg from, so a chance to stick it to Poile? Hard to believe that it's not a factor in some shape or form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There are some deep deep flaws here, the biggest being he figures the Red Wings would pay Fedorov a huge sum of money after his holdout, and then not protect him? Thats just nonsense.

Also, yes, if you say "Bure" everyone is going to assume Pavel, not Valeri. Calgary had just traded for him, doubt they throw in the towel that quickly.

I don't see 7 forwards on the Coyotes worth keeping over Doan.

A team with Tie Domi and Bob Probert is just mental!

Etc.
    Like I said I don't really know as far as looking at teams and deciding who would keep what, I'm not really the type to dig that deep. Like I said though, when you look at this stuff think about what they would have thought about then, not what we know about those players today. They didn't have that info, so things we deem a no brainer today, maybe not so much so back then.

Also keep in mind on Federov ( and I don't know so if I'm wrong I'm just wrong), I'm not sure he had signed yet, which I think is why I think he thinks he would be made available.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2017-06-19 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    ( and I don't know so if I'm wrong I'm just wrong)
    you're wrong

you're wrong
    Yeah like I said I don't know. I thought it was interesting too look at, although like he said it's hard to know for certain because you already know how players turned out, so the outcome is probably different. I think it's the reason he also listed possible alternates as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Yeah like I said I don't know. I thought it was interesting too look at, although like he said it's hard to know for certain because you already know how players turned out, so the outcome is probably different. I think it's the reason he also listed possible alternates as well.
    It was interesting to read about the rules at the time, it was worthwhile for them to pick pending UFAs since they received compensatory picks for their "departure". Picks generally seem more valuable than castoffs, though there is some legitimate talent out there with the small protected rosters now.

It was interesting to read about the rules at the time, it was worthwhile for them to pick pending UFAs since they received compensatory picks for their "departure". Picks generally seem more valuable than castoffs, though there is some legitimate talent out there with the small protected rosters now.
    I think you could build a pretty solid team, although how it would hold up with contracts I don't know. However, generally a new franchise kind of has some room to suck at the start so it's probably better to do it early than to be solid and then fall flat.

And yeah it was my understanding that we took several guys then just for the compensatory picks. It made sense to do because you pretty well were guaranteed to stink out of the gate.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey hey hey leave V Bure alone! i have a poster of his from when i was a kid!

V. Bure was an average player, nothing against the guy. But his brother was an offensive equivalent of Erik Karlsson where as V. was more similar to Rene Bourque. Pavel was probably the best player to have never won the cup, and that's coming from someone who would always watch Sundin play like a legend with no talented wingers aside from a year or two of Mogilny.

We're not criticising the guy but in hockey discussions Bure means Pavel unless indicated otherwise.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2017-06-20 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pavel was probably the best player to have never won the cup
    Maybe in a universe where Marcel Dionne doesn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

new unis got unveiled, there wasn't anything really interesting, Vegas looks pretty drab

- - - Updated - - -

and Marian Hossa is out for the season, possibly career in jeopardy, he is having some kind of significant treatment for a skin disorder, and apparently is having allergic reactions to his hockey equipment

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    V. Bure was an average player, nothing against the guy. But his brother was an offensive equivalent of Erik Karlsson where as V. was more similar to Rene Bourque. Pavel was probably the best player to have never won the cup, and that's coming from someone who would always watch Sundin play like a legend with no talented wingers aside from a year or two of Mogilny.

We're not criticising the guy but in hockey discussions Bure means Pavel unless indicated otherwise.
    i know, i was joking :P He was apart of that garbage era of "young gun" Flames teams. 8 year old me thought he was sick, got one of those height charts with him on it signed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marian Hossa going to Robidas Island?

I feel for that guy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feel terrible for him, but it really is a blessing for the Hawks. He's not the same player anymore and we actually might have enough room to sign Oshie

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    gee, perfect timing

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Vegas jersey looks incredibly flaccid. All the other jersey's look far less interesting than previous years, they look so generic. I have a Winter Classic 2017 Mitch Marner jersey and it looks a million times better than those new Adidas POS
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2017-06-21 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the price to dump a contract on Vegas was a 1st round pick which the Kings did not want to part with.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't lose anyone of value imo. Leipsic was expendable, Vegas easily could have taken Rychel from us, but instead they drafted a guy who is a 3rd or 4th line player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vegas has a quite a decent line up for the season. Interesting to see how they fare.

Goalies are good, defense is solid, forwards are a mixture of different kinds of role players with a couple of scoring guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Oh Poile, on the night you win GM of the year you come out looking like you lost your mind.

Apparently Poile decided to keep Jarnkrok because he just signed a 6 year deal. It was a business decision he says. He never bothered to ask James Neal what he might be looking for numbers wise, but hey that's not important right?

Rumor is that McPhee wanted our 2017 1st, 2018 2nd, and two prospects....ok I'll at least give Poile credit for not biting on that mess. Granted if he had exposed a 3C instead of freaking James Neal they could of never asked for that.

Well here is hoping he does something good with that cap space. Instead of just really needing a 2C, now we need a 2C and a top 6 winger.

10+ Year Old Account
    The price of leaving a team alone was a 1st Rounder and a Prospect. Which was a good move by Vegas.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    The price of leaving a team alone was a 1st Rounder and a Prospect. Which was a good move by Vegas.
    Ah the advantages of having 3 of your best players on ELCs, it allowed the Leafs to protect most of their core easily. Not every team is as lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    And a bad move by any team that agree to it.