Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like most varietals, but not usually Chardonnay. I'll take a Pino Grigio but tend toward the sweeter whites like Reislings. For reds, Cab Sauv is my fave.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    It would've been nice to have a discussion that doesn't involve some one bringing him up. But damnit, I laughed.

I knew I shouldn't have, but couldn't resist.

I wonder how many have read about this study: http://www.businessinsider.com/cheap...r=US&IR=T&IR=T I get rather skeptical of people saying that expensive wine is way better than the cheap one. Though I don't drink wine so I cant really give many comments about them. To me they all taste the same spoiled juice.

OMG Cab Savs My Fave too.

Verdhlos in the white I like as Pinot Grigio

Am going thru some Wine Education at work to be a Sommelier

Sommeliers earn lots of $$ thru Wine Education and pairing wines with foods.

http://www.sommeliers.com.au/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    I wonder how many have read about this study: http://www.businessinsider.com/cheap...r=US&IR=T&IR=T I get rather skeptical of people saying that expensive wine is way better than the cheap one. Though I don't drink wine so I cant really give many comments about them. To me they all taste the same spoiled juice.
    To be honest, I had a tasting of some Pensfold's Grange (Australias Best), 3 years ago.

It was ok , but nothing outstanding.

Australia has some Awesome REDS coming Available soon

2016 Vintage was very , very good
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    OMG Cab Savs My Fave too.

Verdhlos in the white I like as Pinot Grigio

Am going thru some Wine Education at work to be a Sommelier

Sommeliers earn lots of $$ thru Wine Education and pairing wines with foods.

http://www.sommeliers.com.au/

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, I had a tasting of some Pensfold's Grange (Australias Best), 3 years ago.

It was ok , but nothing outstanding.

Australia has some Awesome REDS coming Available soon

2016 Vintage was very , very good
    Are you one of those fancy people who takes a sip and the spits it out into a bucket?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't drink wine. Only ones I can remember are port, pinot grigio, riesling, and moscato. Pretty much like them in that order.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Unfermented ones.
    That is, grape juice.

Just a little bit of info that might help you on your journey towards the somm life.

French wine doesn't claim to be "better" as much as it claims to be "the old, right way" of making it. They have arguably the strictest DOC regulations and follow growing concepts and rules that haven't changed much since the first families.

The French pride themselves on consistency of region over new world wine areas like US/AUS/South America which experiment considerably more. Hell, people try to grow Rieslings in Arizona over here. The french would vomit at the idea.

Just some context (The french get a bad rap for their wine bravado when they're really just old school and proud). I fuckin love to chat about wine if you ever want me to brain dump.

OT: For an inexpensive bottle I like Argentinian Malbecs like Alamos. For expensive bottles I like Stag's Leap vintage cabs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Are you one of those fancy people who takes a sip and the spits it out into a bucket?
    If you ever see someone doing that and they aren't a buyer for a big restaurant/distributor, feel free to make fun of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    No Mate..I swallow

Honestly, Napa is totally played out. Yeah, awesome wines there but look at Sonoma now. Right next door to Napa County and great, under appreciated wines and wineries. My personal favorite is St. Francis Winery. Great Zins and Cabs. Let me know if you want to chat more about California wines--so much more than Napa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Honestly, Napa is totally played out. Yeah, awesome wines there but look at Sonoma now. Right next door to Napa County and great, under appreciated wines and wineries. My personal favorite is St. Francis Winery. Great Zins and Cabs. Let me know if you want to chat more about California wines--so much more than Napa.
    Hallelujah to this sentiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

I usually buy pinot noir from the northwest US, Spanish Rioja and Greek wines. Usually like the reds dry, but fruity pinot is good. California cabernet sauvignon can be good if it isn't too tannic. The only white wine I have found that I like is Assyrtiko. Every other white I have tasted has been too sickly sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Unfermented ones.
    That is, grape juice.
    We're not going to leave you out!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    For an inexpensive bottle I like Argentinian Malbecs like Alamos. For expensive bottles I like Stag's Leap vintage cabs.

- - - Updated - - -
    Argentina Wines are Awesome the Malbecs

Get an Argentina Malbec.. My Diplomat brother recomends them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Moscato - preferably from Italy, though most are drinkable. Not Barefoot. Ugh, no. Boxed Moscato is better than that.
    Port - haven't had one I don't like.
    Mead - most all, but preferably Chaucer's. Yum, yum.

Mm Argentinian Malbecs are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Just a little bit of info that might help you on your journey towards the somm life.

French wine doesn't claim to be "better" as much as it claims to be "the old, right way" of making it. They have arguably the strictest DOC regulations and follow growing concepts and rules that haven't changed much since the first families.

And yes, totally agree with you on French wines.

The French pride themselves on consistency of region over new world wine areas like US/AUS/South America which experiment considerably more. Hell, people try to grow Rieslings in Arizona over here. The french would vomit at the idea.

Just some context (The french get a bad rap for their wine bravado when they're really just old school and proud). I fuckin love to chat about wine if you ever want me to brain dump.

OT: For an inexpensive bottle I like Argentinian Malbecs like Alamos. For expensive bottles I like Stag's Leap vintage cabs.

- - - Updated - - -

If you ever see someone doing that and they aren't a buyer for a big restaurant/distributor, feel free to make fun of them.
    Lol.

Deleted
    Goon obviously.

Syrah, merlot, and malbec. Surprised to see a lot of people like whites here.

Whatever Bob Marley was drinking, I don't think he specifies.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    None I hate wine. In fact it's pretty much the only type of alcohol I can drink anymore and I still won't drink it.