Thread: Raid Lockout

Raid Lockout

I'm looking to get back into raiding that isn't Looking For Retards and today I joined I PuG for ToS we killed Goroth and wiped on Demonic Inquisition a few times before the group fell apart. So my question is can I go join any other pug even though I've killed a boss in ToS this week and will it work like LFR where I just can't loot Goroth again or do lockouts work in some other way?

Yes it will work very similar to lfr, you won't be able to loot Goroth again (but can use bonus rolls). It changes slightly but if you just join a brand new raid where they havent killed anything there will be no difference.

Its based on how many bosses the leader has killed that week, so for example if you are the leader the raid group will start after the 1st boss, but if someone else is the leader and they haven't killed any this week the raid will start at the beginning.

The only time its completly different will be on mythic mode, that has different lockout rules and an id system.
    Last edited by Aktec; 2017-06-20 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Yes it will work exactly like lfr, you won't be able to loot Goroth again (but can use bonus rolls).

The only time its different will be on mythic mode, that has different lockout rules.
    Ok cool, thanks for the answer

edited it a bit for a more complete answer but ye if your not the leader you wont notice any difference.

You can do any boss as often as you want in normal and heroic,you just can't get loot twice from the same boss (not counting bonus loot)

Only mythic locks you to a group

Deleted
    Necroing ths as I don't feel like starting a similar thread.

So I've killed all but the first two and last two bosses. If I start a raid, will it start so that only those 4 are up? Or do we have to clear all but I just can't loot others?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Necroing ths as I don't feel like starting a similar thread.

So I've killed all but the first two and last two bosses. If I start a raid, will it start so that only those 4 are up? Or do we have to clear all but I just can't loot others?
    If you are the leader, then who even zones into a raid created by you will get your "lock", which means they will get a shot at 4 bosses only which you have not killed. If you join a group made by someone else, the 4 you have not killed will give you loot, while other's which you have will not, but you can kill them again.