Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's your loss then if you want to distrust people. It's an awful way to live life.
    Lefties must be in a living hell then with all of the anger and mistrust in their lives...

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Lefties must be in a living hell then with all of the anger and mistrust in their lives...
    You're just throwing around random words, aren't you?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He's from the US...
    What's with the stereotypes?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    His point is that it's less hygienic to wipe with your bare hand than with toilet paper. How many fast food employees piss or shit without washing? How many people in general? Have you ever been in a public bathroom and watched someone leave the stall without washing or just running water over their hands?

My assumption would be if presented with toilet paper as nearly every western bathroom has, people would opt to use it just as I assume if given the option between squatting over a hole or using a western toilet, nearly everyone would opt for the toilet. But the odds of someone from a ME country potentially having ecoli on their hands has to be somewhat greater due to cultural norms.
    Nope, his point was they don't wash their hands. He said it. Explicitely. He said "wiping their ass with the left hand and not washing it." That's what he said. He didn't mention toilet paper or not using toilet paper at all. So what you're bringing up now is just another myth. So no, you are directly contradicting him yourself. Why are you even having this argument? And what's that idiocy about not using toilet paper? Of course they use toilet paper... are you telling me sitting in a ditch firing some bullet made you an expert of ME sanitation rules? Or perhaps it's just a story they tell at the base, because fuckit, something funny has to be told to amuse the guys?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    What's with the stereotypes?
    What stereotype? He is from the US. That's not a stereotype, that's his actual nationality. I don't get why you think that would be a stereotype.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Uh dude here in Canada we have plenty of immigrants from the Middle East. What he is saying is a pretty racist assumption because I sure haven't seen it to be true in practice.
    When you're at a restaurant staffed with immigrants from the middle east how often do you observe their bathroom habits?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, so more inept people to screw up your morning cup of coffee, society already has enough of those, they are called teenagers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, cool I guess.

I hope they can break the ME cultural tradition of wiping their ass with the left hand and not washing it. Not trying to be insensitive, but yes folks, in ME culture it's considered offensive to offer your left hand to someone, specifically for that reason.
    This. Guess I'll be avoiding Starbucks for more reasons than their ridiculous prices in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yay, so more inept people to screw up your morning cup of coffee, society already has enough of those, they are called teenagers!
    Does you racist rage ever goes away?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's basic training at Starbucks and I'm sure they explain the importance of washing hands. Not to mention many of the refugees are quite educated and are not farmers or nomads. What's with the stereotypes.
    Because these refugees are well known for adapting to the norms and culture of the hosts, and not keeping to their own ideologies and seclude themselves in neighbourhoods of their own culture, right?

Nothing could go wrong. /s

A poster from the ME confirmed this. I linked the wiki article that covers different bathroom habits across the globe. Sorry if you've never left your bubble in the west. I've been to every continent but Africa and every place is different and has something cool.

My favorite place to shit was Japan. Their self washing toilets are awesome.
    Say, do you wash yourself with toilet paper in the shower? Or do you not wash your ass properly when showering? Because if you do, I don't see how you're actually understanding the point you're trying to make... but go ahead, explain to me how you're washing your ass without touching it, ever.

As for other cases, toilet paper is not disallowed in Islam, so now... you're going to explain to me how Muslims not having access to those french washing toilet sink thingies are actually... what, wiping their hand in their own shit and then just go outside? Because I think I'm just about to get the picture you and tony are trying to draw. It's very interesting, to say the least. But you're an expert since you hung around some base in the ME, right? You understood ME shitting culture because you shot at them... that's how you become an expert at literally everything, right?
    Last edited by Slant; 2017-06-21 at 12:14 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Does you racist rage ever goes away?
    That's not racist, that is merely suggesting that migrants with next to no education are even less qualified to make coffee than the average teenager. It's also amusing how arrogantly Starbucks ignores how much strain, effort and skill goes into running their franchises, as to what makes them think people with grade 2 levels of education would be capable of working at the pace of the average western worker with the same amount of training, makes them look like a bunch of greedy blowhards. I know enough people who have or do work at these places, it takes several months to become both efficient and skilled at making those stores move fluidly, regardless of the task you are doing.

Starbucks can't arbitrarily force a quota on their franchises for hiring people from a certain region, that in itself is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's not racist, that is merely suggesting that migrants with next to no education are even less qualified to make coffee than the average teenager. It's also amusing how arrogantly Starbucks ignores how much strain, effort and skill goes into running their franchises, as to what makes them think people with grade 2 levels of education would be capable of working at the pace of the average western worker with the same amount of training, makes them look like a bunch of greedy blowhards. I know enough people who have or do work at these places, it takes several months to become both efficient and skilled at making those stores move fluidly, regardless of the task you are doing.

Starbucks can't arbitrarily force a quota on their franchises for hiring people from a certain region, that in itself is racist.
    Several months for essentially pressing the right buttons and managing to still fuck up basically every name they have to write on the sign? What kind of bullshit education do the "people" you know have? Elementary school? :P

I'll ask again, where have you actually traveled to? You assume because I was an American Soldier in Iraq that I didn't also train and live with Iraqis, using the same shitter and showers they did. Again, travel some. Leave your basement and explore the world. It's a pretty cool place. You're not going to get culture reading posts on forums.
    And you keep deflecting. Not a big surprise, when the arguments run out.

They do wash their hands after the toilet. And just about 5 times more than you do per day. But it seems spreading racist myths is the motto of the day on this forum. So you blend in well.
    Not necessarily

http://www.uae-embassy.org/about-uae...muslim-country

•Do not eat with your left hand, which is considered unclean. Also, in many places, it is considered polite to leave a bit of food on one’s plate
    Do you know why? Many places in the ME (especially in less civilized portions) they don't use toilet paper, they wipe with the left hand.

- - - Updated - - -

They do wash their hands after the toilet. And just about 5 times more than you do per day. But it seems spreading racist myths is the motto of the day on this forum. So you blend in well.
    Also....I've lived in the ME for a significant part of my 20's, I'm speaking from my own experiences

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I'm a Middle Eastern. You're 100% correct, it's considered disrespectful to use the left hand to pass something or whatnot because the left hand is generally used for cleaning the behind. What Supertony claims is that Middle Easterns don't wash their hand, which is bizzare for someone in this day and age to believe that. It's not that I'm offended, I just find it very surprising for someone to believe such a ridiculous thing.
    not everyone practices hygene as much as we would like them too.

One of the duties in Iraq was to search Men, Women, children, and vehicles entering our FOB for contraband or explosives. If I had a nickel for everytime I got shit on my hand or uniform from touching their left hand during a search, I'd be able to buy a new motorcycle.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see this working out wonderfully. /s
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

rotfl
    someone that comes from a state where probably doesnt even exist bidet accuses other people to be not enough civilized and hygienic
    now i see all in this world

Magically having 10,000 jobs to give.

That's your loss then if you want to distrust people. It's an awful way to live life.
    I honestly can't tell if you're a troll or actually believe what you type.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's see, they'd be getting a job where they're forced to learn the local language and then earn a wage they'd have to pay taxes on...

Aren't people in Europe complaining that Immigrants don't learn the local language and don't work or pay taxes?

So why, exactly, are people complaining about this? Are they scared their coffee is accidentally going to be made "halal" and by drinking it they wont be able to get into atheist heaven, or... something?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    they tuuk ur jubz /s

If they're able to make a living and integrate into society through this initiative I'll be happy for them. Could've done without the CEO virtue signalling / anti Trump "that'll show 'em" attitude but good plan nonetheless.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla