Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    one thing to note from this is that argus is a shattered world on the brink of collapse, similar to how draenor became outland, i wouldn't be surprised to find that it is a desolate planet fel scarred and no actual inhabitants anymore.
    Supposedly it's swarming with demons. As for its original inhabitants, I'm sure we'll see some fel-infused fauna, but probably nothing remains uncorrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Azeroth must make the flat world society breathe heavy huh.
    I dunno, they were at least right with Outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    one thing to note from this is that argus is a shattered world on the brink of collapse, similar to how draenor became outland, i wouldn't be surprised to find that it is a desolate planet fel scarred and no actual inhabitants anymore.
    There'll be demons and other fel-corrupted inhabitants.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    "magic". It was magically moved there by Illidan and Khadgar, so why would physics suddenly matter?
    I know it's just "magic" but when people say it's just one huge portal: how come you only see the planet but not everything around it? '.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I know it's just "magic" but when people say it's just one huge portal: how come you only see the planet but not everything around it? '.'
    Maybe it's more like a bubble around Argus, so there's nothing else around that can be seen from Azeroth.

Less complicated answer: Because it's a texture overlaid on the skybox and they didn't bother with an animated portal effect or a background with whatever's behind Argus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Maybe it's more like a bubble around Argus, so there's nothing else around that can be seen from Azeroth.

Less complicated answer: Because it's a texture overlaid on the skybox and they didn't bother with an animated portal effect or a background with whatever's behind Argus.
    Meh, fair enough!

By the way, does anyone know if Argus is visible from Eversong or the draenei starting zones? Just curious since they are considered to be part of the 'Burning Crusade' world.

10+ Year Old Account
    /wave to Sargeras since Argus is his vessel like Azeroth is a titan planet, would be hilarious to see 2 worlds going at each other.

I see 2 possibilities, either we fight Sargeras and Azeroth helps us or she does get corrupted like Sargeras fears and he helps us defeat her then we fight the void lords together or we uncorrupt her first then both of them help us defeat the void lords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Or... they took the transformers idea and Argus did move in orbit past the portal and then closed.

Sofar we only have seen Legion use keystones to move ships and then the portal close behind them.
    I dont get why this keystone keeps a portal open forever on a planet size scale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Or... they took the transformers idea and Argus did move in orbit past the portal and then closed.

Sofar we only have seen Legion use keystones to move ships and then the portal close behind them.
    I dont get why this keystone keeps a portal open forever on a planet size scale.
    It is a special one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    By the way, does anyone know if Argus is visible from Eversong or the draenei starting zones? Just curious since they are considered to be part of the 'Burning Crusade' world.
    It is not visible from there. Having those zones in the Outland instance was always super weird, but perhaps during BC time it was the only way they could properly separate it. Tech has evolved since then, I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    It is not visible from there. Having those zones in the Outland instance was always super weird, but perhaps during BC time it was the only way they could properly separate it. Tech has evolved since then, I guess.
    Oh well, thanks for the information anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post

From a story-writing point of view, it's way easier to open and close a portal without consequence than it is to place and remove a planet next to another without consequence.

I'm 99% sure we won't have that thing floating there after Legion, and I very much doubt Blizzard is going to make an event about pieces of Argus falling on us after we blow it up or whatever. Unless they're going for that "Argus is rising the tides and the naga use it to attack us" theory, I say it's just a portal.

Not the first one, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    /wave to Sargeras since Argus is his vessel like Azeroth is a titan planet, would be hilarious to see 2 worlds going at each other.

I see 2 possibilities, either we fight Sargeras and Azeroth helps us or she does get corrupted like Sargeras fears and he helps us defeat her then we fight the void lords together or we uncorrupt her first then both of them help us defeat the void lords.
    Is there any proof of this? If so, where is it from?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Should have made it flat :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    its just shitty fan fiction, ignore it.
    Gotchya. No wonder why this is one of the first times I'm hearing of it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

This is racism against nonraiders reported

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Is there any proof of this? If so, where is it from?
    It feels pretty likely, given what we've heard about Azeroth and the implications about Argus (like the 7.2 cinematic), but I kinda hope it isn't. On one hand, this expansion IS called Legion, and having the main dude of the Legion stay alive seems strange, but on the other hand we'll have killed all the strongest lore characters from before WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Should have made it flat :P
    We always see Argus at the same spot in the skybox. Azeroth is flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    As I understand it, you need to kill him. However, I do not know if it'll unlock for alts as well when you do. (probably not, but not impossible)
    AFAIK if someone kills it, the whole server sees it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    AFAIK if someone kills it, the whole server sees it.
    I think what's what I read yesterday, either here on MMO-C, or WoWhead.