Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

The amazing atheist

What do you guys think about the youtuber "The Amazing Atheist?" Personally I think he makes alot of good strong points about the topics he discusses on his channel. He takes on alot of sensitive subjects and does a good job of getting his point across. Here's a couple of videos he did in regards to the election last year.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

He is an ebeggar who had multiple fund raising campaigns for products he didn't deliver. He hasn't been relevant since 2011 when hitchens died and angstitheism stopped being a default sub on Reddit.

Meh, sounds like he listens to NPR.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

1 million subs on youtube as an atheist ranter= irrelevant, okay Cryban. anyway, he's my fav Youtube personality who I credit for taking me from being an agnostic to straight up rejecting religion, so thanks for the great work TJ, keep it up.

oh yeah...this thread was a good idea...

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we pimping random people's channels on youtube, now?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Isn't that the NEET who shoved a banana in his ass in some video?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I enjoyed much of his anti-religious content. I'm also glad he away from going full anti-SJW and has at least tried to diversify his content again like Thunderf00t.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's an idiot and with a failed process of logic and reason, and he attacks people who are the same who are just as misguided in their beliefs. Most people with any brain know this, and know that The Amazing Atheist is just smart enough to use that to trick his fans into believing his bullshit.

Thunderfoot and the rest do the same thing.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I have only watched a couple of his videos (not the ones posted here). I agreed with a lot of things he said. I am glad he is making videos, so that more people can be exposed to the fact that your don't need to be religious to be normal. Anybody who helps promote this attitude is a good thing to me. To help dissolve christian brainwashing in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    He tells it like it is, he doesn't sugar coat bs, and he makes some entertaining shows
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    He is an ebeggar who had multiple fund raising campaigns for products he didn't deliver. He hasn't been relevant since 2011 when hitchens died and angstitheism stopped being a default sub on Reddit.
    It's always so much better to believe fairy tales eh? Now THAT's relevant!

He loves shoving bananas up his ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one of those weird edgy atheist fundamentalists isn't he? Worships Dawkins instead of God.

I don't agree with him occasionally (And found his arguments to vote for Trump utterly fucking retarded), but he gets credit for sticking to what he believes in. I can always tell what TJ thinks about something and don't believe he's waffling on it to espouse shit his viewers want to hear, which is probably true of 99% of the "skeptic/anti-SJW" channels out there, like Blaire White, Sargon of Akkad, Dave Rubin, ect. Probably helps he was established before GamerGate gave a voice to those hypocrites.

I do find some satisfaction in his just total owning of the banana thing. So when people try to use that to attack him, like people already have here, he just acknowledges it and waits for them to actually say something constructive.

I like that he's loud and obnoxious. I'm so done with liberals (And yes, I think he's an actual liberal, not just saying he's one like Sargon or Rubin) being waffle-y passive aggressive babies. Conservatives win when they act like obnoxious grandstanders, so we need a few of those ourselves.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-22 at 01:32 AM.

Cryban and Mall Cop both think he's shit? I might watch a couple of videos now.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Doesn't seem like much of a thinker from what I've seen, just picks low-hanging fruit like social progressives and the most ignorant of religious arguments. Any apologist who actually knows anything would use his amazing atheist arguments for the toilet paper they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Doesn't seem like much of a thinker from what I've seen, just picks low-hanging fruit like social progressives and the most ignorant of religious arguments.
    Welcome to literally 100% of the channels in that community.

7+ Year Old Account
    He helped me become comfortable telling my family (who is predominately Protestant) about my Atheism when i was younger, and he definitely has his place among Youtube. However I started walking away from his videos after he became super Anti-SJW; I agreed on his stance, but he was VERY vocal about it and would rant about it, something I'm not into.

Not sure what he's into now.
    * do you want to have a bad time?

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsy View Post
    He helped me become comfortable telling my family (who is predominately Protestant) about my Atheism when i was younger, and he definitely has his place among Youtube. However I started walking away from his videos after he became super Anti-SJW; I agreed on his stance, but he was VERY vocal about it and would rant about it, something I'm not into.

Not sure what he's into now.
    honestly I get the most out of TJ on the Drunken peasants podcast. at least there the co-hosts and guests do a great job taking the piss out of him. but he has said he wants to move away from anti-sjw stuff. even went so far as to sound regretful he helped make that bunch what it is.