Poll: Moonkin Form should be cosmetic

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Make Moonkin Form Cosmetic

Just as treant form is not mandatory anymore, so should moonkin form lay down. Sure it can stay as a cosmetic shapeshift, but the increase in effectiveness should be baseline for all Balance druids.

Druid should have at least an option whether they want to run around as a fat cosmic chicken or not, Balance could be much more enjoyable this way and you would finally actually see how your character improves by getting new armor. The main reason I started an Elemental Shaman and not a druid back then was because of this hideous shapeshift requirement.

A druid can't even use transmog options properly because they are forced to remain shapeshifted most of the time.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-06-22 at 06:58 AM.

Druids are known for their shape-shifting forms. Perhaps Feral should not use bear or cat form? Yeah, bad idea.

Glyph of stars then. Might have a faded visual, but you arent moonkin anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Druids are known for their shape-shifting forms. Perhaps Feral should not use bear or cat form? Yeah, bad idea.
    Nope, the reason feral and guardian works is because of shapeshift forms - bear and cat are tied to them. But Balance does not require it at all.

So Druids should become Mages/Shamans? It's a core feature of all Druids since 2004 to shapeshift. If you don't like shapeshifting into different forms, don't play a Druid?
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    You need Glyph of Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Nope, the reason feral and guardian works is because of shapeshift forms - bear and cat are tied to them. But Balance does not require it at all.
    Moonkin Form increases your damage, so it's not purely cosmetic.

I say we should remove everything from every class, so that we can do anything and everything feels pointless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    So Druids should become Mages/Shamans? It's a core feature of all Druids since 2004 to shapeshift. If you don't like shapeshifting into different forms, don't play a Druid?
    I mean what you said is true but it would hold more weight if they hadn't removed the need for resto to shapeshift.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Moonkin Form increases your damage, so it's not purely cosmetic.
    you don't say, Sherlock... maybe you should read my first post a few more times again.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I mean what you said is true but it would hold more weight if they hadn't removed the need for resto to shapeshift.
    That's true... the Resto change, i.e. Tree Form not necessary anymore, puzzles me.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I say we should remove everything from every class, so that we can do anything and everything feels pointless!!!
    Maybe you don't know the difference between what "remaining a cosmetic" and "removing something" means?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Maybe you don't know the difference between what "remaining a cosmetic" and "removing something" means?
    Moonkin form has to matter. Making it cosmetic removes every feel the form has, that it makes you stronger and more connected to the moon etc. Making it cosmetic is practically removing it, as we can see it happened with treant form that pretty much no one uses.

Moonkin form has to matter. Making it cosmetic removes every feel the form has, that it makes you stronger and more connected to the moon etc. Making it cosmetic is practically removing it, as we can see it happened with treant form that pretty much no one uses.
    you can still use it, the fact that it matters to the individual player is key. you not being forced to play an astral chicken is all that would change.

Deleted
    Making it cosmetic is practically removing it, as we can see it happened with treant form that pretty much no one uses.
    The treant form learned from that stupid glyph costs a gcd, it's unusable.

Print a version of your character not shapeshifted and stick it next to your monitor if you need to see your transmog so much...

Moonkins are abhorrent and disgusting creatures. I could never stand them. That is where the very nice looking glyph comes into play though.

Since the OP refuses to aknowledge the existing of said glyph though, I'm under the impression this thread has another ulterior motive.

I would really appreciate customization for astral form. Different hues and different transparencies. I'd love the initial astral form back that was colorless. I hate the blue version we are stuck with currently, at least let us use the yellow version if we want to without picking a suboptimal talent.

What I suspect happened is Blizzard thought the original astral form was not visible enough for others; it was not always clear whether the moonkin was actually in moonkin form or not. Maybe it was a "problem" in PvP, or maybe even for players themselves becoming confused whether they are in form or not.

I would just be happy if I could have slightly more customizable moonkin. Let me choose a different skin or different horns/antlers, or SOMEthing.

Deleted
    Oh... poll is up! Totally unbiased poll.

If you can't handle being awesome chicken, don't play awesome chicken.