Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I killed all the bosses in the tomb tonight and now there's no new content until the next raid. Isn't the last boss in a raid take at least weeks to even get to see?
    Well here's the problem: If you're clearing Normal mode in two days then... you're not a normal mode raider. You're at least a heroic mode raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Killing the same bosses on different difficulties is "content" now ?
    When those different difficulties add new mechanics that change how the fight works, yes, it is "content"

really wish people would stop pushing this "HURDUR HIGHER DIFFICULTY ISN'T CONTENT" meme

This is why you should avoid running the content on seperate difficulties and just stick to the one that Blizz designed with you in mind. If you cleared normal already its because you didnt belong in that raid category, stick to heroic only like me and you will have the pleasure of gradually progressing through the raid at a slow pace and have more to look forward to in WoW instead of spoiling the raid on lfr and normal

10+ Year Old Account
    I killed all the bosses in the tomb tonight and now there's no new content until the next raid. Isn't the last boss in a raid take at least weeks to even get to see?
    Why the mods of this forum tolerate troll-bait topics like this one, I'll never know.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    You seriously can't figure out how to pace yourself?

How sad.
    why you not responding in a way he'd see tho

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    No, it doesn't matter what difficulty you do. If you clear the end boss you've cleared the raid. Adding different difficulties of raid bosses is not more content--that misconception is why we've been plagued by 1+ year content droughts in the last two expansions.

It's like saying road tripping to Florida for spring break isn't really complete until you take the highway through Georgia instead of Alabama.
    I'm just saying that you won't see the Georgia if you go to Florida from Alabama. They are both different experiences. And you won't experience the full adventure until you do both of them.

So in a way Heroic is going to Florida through Georgia and Mythic is going through Alabama. If you say "I've been in Georgia and i don't wanna go to Georgia again. Fuck this i can't go to Florida anymore." you are not even considering about going through Alabama. So you have an adventure with 2 ways and you are not even considering the 2nd way which is a whole new exprience and you bitch about that you can't go to Florida while there is a whole new way to go to Florida.

TL;DR: You are not experiencing the content if you don't do it on Mythic because Mythic is a whole another experience. So you have content, but you are not willing to do it because you don't have the time, you don't care about it, it's too hard etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    That is a horrible way of looking at it. Such a small percentage of the playerbase is willing to subject themselves to Mythic raiding.
    I'm just trying to say that you still have content to do after you've cleared Normal. You have Heroic and Mythic which are the whole new experiences because new mechanics, actually need of paying attention to mechanics, extra phases etc. After you've killed last boss of a raid on Mythic, then you have done all the content because you have nothing new to do in the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    If this were true, then Blizzard wouldn't need to realease any new content for years and years (until nearly everyone has killed KJ on mythic).

Somehow I don't think that would work. Content is measured against what people want to do on a personal level. Otherwise you could tell most bored raiders that since they don't have 5000 pet battle wins they have nothing to complain about.
    That won't work because people will get bored if they can't kill the Mythic KJ long enough. That doesn't mean you have nothing to do in the raid after you've killed him on normal or heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This and all similar comments are utter bullshit. Even if the commenter isn't some try-hard it's still bullshit. Why? Because it ignores that for probably 90-95% of people mythic isn't a thing. For the VAST majority of players, even those doing organized raiding, 7.2.5 content is done when they've done H ToS if they raid. This is the main issue with multiple difficulties.

It's also entirely amusing when you tryhards use the same arguments on N and H that you use on LFR - that it's tourist mode, doesn't count, etc. Grow up.
    For them yes. But techincally you have content. So you can't bitch about that there is a content drought. You just don't want to do the content. I'm not saying they are not count as raiding.

Deleted
    If "difficulty" isnt content for you, than yes, this happen like 14 times in the last 14 tiers of content. Every raid (or raid-wing) since Naxx25 was cleared even by subpar guilds in the first lockout.

But this is seemingly a troll post, because it happens every fcking time 0/10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    If this were true, then Blizzard wouldn't need to realease any new content for years and years (until nearly everyone has killed KJ on mythic).
    Wrong. Cause not everyone is good enough to kill the mythic boss. Just like very few could do vanilla nax.

This and all similar comments are utter bullshit. Even if the commenter isn't some try-hard it's still bullshit. Why? Because it ignores that for probably 90-95% of people mythic isn't a thing. For the VAST majority of players, even those doing organized raiding, 7.2.5 content is done when they've done H ToS if they raid. This is the main issue with multiple difficulties.

It's also entirely amusing when you tryhards use the same arguments on N and H that you use on LFR - that it's tourist mode, doesn't count, etc. Grow up.
    It's more bullshit to try and state that because people choose not to do something that it doesn't exist. I'm not arguing that people like or dislike doing multiple diffficulties or have the skill for it, but don't act like because a majority of people do or don't do something that it makes it more or less relevant as content. If people want to not do higher difficulties, if they don't want to do pet battles, if they don't want to do WQ's or grind m+ or do PVP, then that's fine, but don't be a keyboard warrior and state that because they don't want to do those things that content doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the first page is just people deluding themselves into thinking mythic is the only way to "finish" content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    I like how the first page is just people deluding themselves into thinking mythic is the only way to "finish" content.
    Not everyone is saying that; however, it IS content that people haven't cleared and those people are acting like they have no content to do.

Good thing we get PTR in the next week or so, so troglodytes like you can shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post
    TL;DR: You are not experiencing the content if you don't do it on Mythic because Mythic is a whole another experience. So you have content, but you are not willing to do it because you don't have the time, you don't care about it, it's too hard etc.

Legit curious what I'd want to see in GA or AL that I wouldn't in FL - and FL at least has the theme parks. I have spent far too much time driving through all three cursing humidity the whole way.

I don't honestly know why they try to brand it as a 'whole new fight' because my experience has been you just need to play how you should have been playing before, but could previously get away with fudging.

As someone who's done a fair share of mythic you're not really missing a whole lot by not doing it. The difficulty spike, extra phases, abilties, etc haven't ever made it a 'whole new fight', with the exception of course of extra bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Not everyone is saying that; however, it IS content that people haven't cleared and those people are acting like they have no content to do.
    Because there is hardly any incentive in doing mythic and for those of us that don't care about it it's not really content.

edit: To adress the whole "you havn't done it unless you've done it on mythic" I've done plenty and it's NOT anything special. Hell, mythic dungeons are more interesting than the raids.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2017-06-22 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post

For them yes. But techincally you have content. So you can't bitch about that there is a content drought. You just don't want to do the content. I'm not saying they are not count as raiding.
    Difficulty levels are not content. When I play a AAA game on Easy, then Normal, then Nightmare I'm not playing a different game each time I'm playing the same game on different difficulty levels. Aside from times when there are extra bosses in Mythic, Mythic is NOT different content. It's a harder version of the same content.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    congrats on your 9/9 mythic with all legendaries, 3 maxed artifact weapons
    your rank1 gladiator title and 960 ilvl
    Add every attainable achievement/title/pet/mount/transmog to that.

And then there's always multiple characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Difficulty levels are not content. When I play a AAA game on Easy, then Normal, then Nightmare I'm not playing a different game each time I'm playing the same game on different difficulty levels. Aside from times when there are extra bosses in Mythic, Mythic is NOT different content. It's a harder version of the same content.
    I'm all for going back to 1 difficulty, 1 fixed size raids (and no Kara/ZG/ZA smaller raids), without LFR, but simply will not happen, TBC is long gone even tho I loved the systems probably more then wotlk and beyond..

But if Nightmare difficulty makes you play the game in a different way and adds new mechanics or new phases, it is content. Because you have never played the game in that way and you have to do it different so it is new for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Legit curious what I'd want to see in GA or AL that I wouldn't in FL - and FL at least has the theme parks. I have spent far too much time driving through all three cursing humidity the whole way.

I don't honestly know why they try to brand it as a 'whole new fight' because my experience has been you just need to play how you should have been playing before, but could previously get away with fudging.

As someone who's done a fair share of mythic you're not really missing a whole lot by not doing it. The difficulty spike, extra phases, abilties, etc haven't ever made it a 'whole new fight', with the exception of course of extra bosses.
    Yes it is not a whole new fight. But it is a whole new experience because you haven't done the fight in that way or never seen the Mythic only phase or never had to deal with new mechanic it brings to the table.

Obvious Troll thread, OP no where to be seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Yeah but..... if Blizzard is ok with this business model, why are you whining? It's a win win. You lose nothing if you are bored and unsub. You can have fun and skip the so called "time-gating" if you come back later on a patch. Blizzard is happy because they know that subscribers come in and go out regularly. Again, where is the problem?
    Who Said I didin't do that? i was just answering the question.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never liked this locust attitude.

*devours everything in no time* "OMG, THERE IS NO CONTENT NOW!"
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..