Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

How easily would aliens occupy earth if they decided to invade?

Lets face it guys. If an extraterrestrial species with the ability to travel the stars decided they wanted earth it's highly unlikely that we have anything that would be able to stop them. How long would it take them to conquer earth?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

If they were capable of getting here, they'd have pretty incredible technology that we'd stand no chance against. Our only chance would be sheer numbers and resources, as we'd have the home turf. They'd have to transfer resources across lightyears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If they were capable of getting here, they'd have pretty incredible technology that we'd stand no chance against. Our only chance would be sheer numbers and resources, as we'd have the home turf. They'd have to transfer resources across lightyears.
    Alternative possibility : The Road Not Taken (Turtledove, not Frost).

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

They probably wouldn't be able to once we started to use nukes and make the planet uninhabitable.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Any civilization capable of interstellar travel wouldn't need to invade another planet. We have absolutely nothing of value to such a species. Likewise if we were able to go to other stars.

The idea of alien invaders is infantile.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-06-22 at 11:59 PM.

Very easily.

Like, with less effort than it takes a human to fully wipe out an ant colony.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

All we have to do is hijack one of their transports and fly to the mothership.

Then using a computer upload a virus.

gg ez

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Lets face it guys. If an extraterrestrial species with the ability to travel the stars decided they wanted earth it's highly unlikely that we have anything that would be able to stop them. How long would it take them to conquer earth?
    Depends they might be able to travel the stars but might be the size of a small child and vulnerable to the same things we are.
    There is no guarantee that they are some superpowered being with lasers coming out of their male sexual organs.

We nuke ourselves, what the fuck do you thing we are going to do to an alien race?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some old timey music will make their heads explode so they can't occupy us for long.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    How long does it take you to trample an ant hill?
    Depends on if I wanna pour anti-freeze into it first or pour boiling water in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    Some old timey music will make their heads explode so they can't occupy us for long.
    That's a good movie.

aliens drop tailor made pathogen into atmosphere.

Humans die

aliens take over.

simple as that.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just give it a few days and the aliens will all start dropping dead due to being unable to cope with the bacteria.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    Any civilization capable of interstellar travel wouldn't need to invade another planet. We have absolutely nothing of value to such a species. Likewise if we were able to go to other stars.

The idea of alien invaders is infantile.
    Did you not read the lore of ancient gods? They are bored so they mess with lesser creatures to cure boredom. a kid kicks an anthill out of boredom. That would be our value.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

With feminist and SJW's "helping", it would take less time than it takes to sneeze.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I feel like a thread about an alien invasion of Earth is not the place to try and be posh lol.
    Posh? I'm being realistic. The primary materials that make up the Earth are the most abundant in the universe. As much as we might like to think we're really special the truth is we aren't. Judging by the number of exoplanets we've discovered already there are potentially tens of BILLIONS of Earth like worlds in our galaxy alone, why would any species invest that much effort to travel anywhere up to 100,000 light years within our galaxy for anything we might have? It makes absolutely no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on their technology I guess but one thing I do know is all the progressives will still welcome them in
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

There was some sort of summit/meeting between NASA and various sci-fi authors (authors that knew something about real science) a long while ago that explored the possibility of aliens and potential dangers. (virus/germs...were also looked at) But for the most part, the "physicality" was specified. (Ie. the alien from "Aliens")
    And the consensus was that Earth's gravity produced some serious tough muthas when it comes to going toe-to-toe with an alien.
    The best that the authors came up was a cat-like creature from one book. When the human lightly smacked it on the arm, he accidently broke it. Human flesh isn't just strong, it's dense. Atmospheric pressure keeps us "locked" however.

It was interesting to hear some of the conclusions coming from this little pow-wow.

Although I am definitely of the opinion that were aliens to observe what's really going on, they'd high-tail it out of this galaxy. Seeing how humans murder each other, among so many vile crimes, they'd have to come to the conclusion that we are insane and have no business consorting with any other race.

there's nothing we could do but kill a few of them with suicide attacks.

so, pretty easily.

We would steal an alien ship and copy it then we would crush the alien invaders. We would spread across the universe leaving burning planets in our wake.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland