Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    These things crack me up.....

O no a WHOLE 86F degrees.

Ever work in a Diesel Tech shop without A/C? Just the other day it was 96F and there we are in a Pants/shirt AND coveralls.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    These things crack me up.....

O no a WHOLE 86F degrees.

Ever work in a Diesel Tech shop without A/C? Just the other day it was 96F and there we are in a Pants/shirt AND coveralls.
    Yeah, voluntarily while being paid to be there. Just because you agree to such conditions, doesn't mean everyone else should.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So it's ok for girls to wear skirts but not boys to wear shorts when we are having one of the warmest Summers here in the UK?

Alright then.

I remember back in High School when we had some awful June weather we all got sent home for wearing shorts. Like really? You would rather send us home than let us stay cool and give us an education?
    85° F (30° Celsius) is NOT an awful summer. Try living in Phoenix AZ where its been around 120° F (49° C) all week. Then maybe you can bitch about it being an awful summer and not being allowed to wear shorts

Deleted

School uniforms are completely silly. Let people wear shorts if they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUzer0 View Post
    What's the whole deal with "school uniforms" anyway? What purpose do they have and why is it okay for school to police what you can and cannot wear?
    The big reasons they started wearing uniforms was to ensure kids are dressed professionally and not distracting other students with hideous clothes, skimpy clothes, offensive clothing, etc... and the other reason is to prevent poor kids from being shamed or laughed at for having to wear torn, stained, or incorrectly sized clothes (high water pants) because their parents cant afford to get them new ones (or dont want to because they would rather gamble or buy booze/drugs with their spare money), and so kids from rich families cannot flaunt their wealth making other less fortunate kids jealous and angry

What's the whole deal with "school uniforms" anyway? What purpose do they have and why is it okay for school to police what you can and cannot wear?
    The goal is to homogenize one of the factors that's frequently used in forming cliques, ostracizing kids, and otherwise creating a hostile atmosphere that's not conducive to learning. I doubt that it's particularly effective, but that's the thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    This is how a protest is done correctly.
    False. Not enough violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

School uniforms are stupid.

I'm also not opposed to men wearing skirts, because as Vin Diesel has shown, some men can pull it off:

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this exact same thread existed last year already...

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I feel like this exact same thread existed last year already...
    I made a thread about male skirts a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    85° F (30° Celsius) is NOT an awful summer. Try living in Phoenix AZ where its been around 120° F (49° C) all week. Then maybe you can bitch about it being an awful summer and not being allowed to wear shorts
    Good thing I said "IN THE UK" then isn't it?

This is a very warm June we are having.

To prepare children for their future bosses to tell them what to wear.

That's the theory, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Key word: boys.

No man worth calling a man is going to be caught wearing a skirt, for any reason.
    Men that have such a problem with their virility that an item of clothing can hurt it, are really not men anyway. Id own that skirt with my powerful legs.

It's hot. It's ridiculous to have kids suffer in the heat for no appreciably good reason. Let the kids be comfortable. They picked a fun and harmless way to protest a boneheaded decision. Good on them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scolding these kids that can't take the heat because you can take more heat at your job is fucking retarded lol. You realize it's your job and you're getting paid, while kids are basically forced to go to school. I work outside in the summer and in the summer here it's always low 80s reaching to mid 90s with basically 100% humidity for the entire summer. I'd much rather take Phoenix heat than 100% humidity where I live. At least there you aren't being bombarded by billions of mosquitoes and black flies.

Nobody gives a shit that you can take more heat in areas of the world where it's common to get that kinda heat. It's not that common in the UK to get blistering heat, so is it really that foreign of an idea that they aren't use to it? It's honestly really juvenile. I mean, in the same token those of us in the north and north eastern states could laugh at you fucking pussies that complain about cold fronts or unseasonably cold temperatures because you aren't use to those temperatures.

Understand that people in certain geographic regions are mostly attuned to that particular area. I've visited California and Florida in the "winter" and hopped off planes in the early morning where its only 50-60F to see people bundled up like it's fucking winter. I just came from 18-24F weather and it feels pretty fucking nice. Locals look at me like I'm fucking retarded wearing shorts, sandals and a t-shirt in that weather. It's not uncommon in my area during the spring (where it's still like 32-45) for people to treat it like a summer day when you get "WARM" 45 degree day after suffering through freezing temperatures a week prior.

Skirts can look fine on men if done properly. Who cares it's kids. I don't agree with uniforms but private schools can do whatever they want. The reasoning for uniforms are varied. Discipline, lack of policing concerning clothing (too short, what your shirt says), and because everybody is the same, I suppose nobody could be picked on for wearing something stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I made a thread about male skirts a few months ago.
    Nah,
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...le-wear-skirts thats the one I had in mind, obviously also posted by xarim

I am wondering what's more sexist, pupils not to allow to wear shorts but skirts, or that stories about boys wearing skirts still makes it in the news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Key word: boys.

No man worth calling a man is going to be caught wearing a skirt, for any reason.
    No, it's the exact opposite. It takes balls to wear a skirt in a school, and even more manly if you can do it without caring what others think of your masculinity. Your's screams of shallowness and insecurity.

Not sure this is news worthy but its sorta neat I guess.

Back in my day getting a tattoo was the cultural normative way to rebel against the cultural norms