Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I hope this trend of "u hurt my feels" blows over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I suspected as much but it is good to have cold, hard facts to back this up.

So what we have here is a high incidence and a clear negative impact. Sadly this will not be an easy fix as culture change takes time. The first step though, is recognizing the problem.
    Why is only women used in this example? That's rather sexist don't you think? I have personally been cat called, and even felt up in public.

There's an obvious bait-and-switch when it comes to catcalling and street harassment - anyone that ponders the batter for more than approximately 3.7 seconds is well aware that the vast majority of this behavior comes from men that could be described as "lower class" or "underclass". Demanding changes with regard to "sexual objectification" from educated nerds based on behavior that they're already not engaging in is dishonest bullshit.

Most of the comments to the woman in that video seem to be fairly innocent, along the lines of "Hey beautiful" or "Have a nice evening".

The harassment that the Asian guy wearing a romper received was far more vicious:

Are we in this thread drawing a distinction between something like "Hey beautiful" and "Damn girl you better bring that ass back here so I can get a better look!" or no? Just curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Most of the comments to the woman in that video seem to be fairly innocent, along the lines of "Hey beautiful" or "Have a nice evening".

The harassment that the Asian guy wearing a romper received was far more vicious:

Yeah come on Tennisace! Why are you ignoring the plight that the poor asian guy advertising the Romper suffered? Can't you tell he barely had the courage to perform this bra- okay no I can't keep a straight face writing this.

As most people have already said it's a poor study (which you conveniently excluded the source of) following on "evidence" that's already been heavily criticised and revealed to have been staged for effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Does tennis have quota of these type of posts he has to make a week?
    He's like a PC Superman but rather than the sun, he absorbs the essence of people who responses to his shitposts in order to become stronger and help Canada towards it's totalitarian, inclusive, exclusive, accepting and objectionable future. Also when he starts getting weaker he posts one of these threads with the last of his power before retreating to his safe space to regenerate.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2017-06-23 at 01:43 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

15+ Year Old Account
    Wear headphones and listen to extremely loud metaloid music like me. Ezpz. Though i did have some guy come up and grab my shoulder and turned me around which was extremely uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-06-23 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Wear headphones and listen to extremely loud metaloid music like me. Ezpz. Though i did have some guy come up and grab my shoulder and turned me around which was extremely uncomfortable.
    QFT

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Wearing headphones without music is ok, but wearing headphones and listening to loud music increases the chanse of getting into car incident while walking on street, or being attacked by dogs and robbers, cas its reduces danger detection range.

That's when the instinctive 'knee to the crotch' should kick in...literally and figuratively. (and you'd be legally in the right)

Free ego inflation for women... as if tinder wasn't enough already.

The worst part is, she's ugly as fuck and still gets easy validation. Nicely done guys
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

This story making the rounds again? What the agenda/narrative being pushed this time around?

Animalistic folks say dumb shit to strangers that peak their sexual interests. More BREAKING NEWS at 11pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Are we in this thread drawing a distinction between something like "Hey beautiful" and "Damn girl you better bring that ass back here so I can get a better look!" or no? Just curious.
    The OP clearly states on first line things like "whats'up beautiful" as offensive ... and later on, "gazing" as objectifying
    I think they draw the line before "hi". Don't dare look up. You better look at your feet

This will never end or change and something women will have to deal with. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but when men are expected to approach women you will have these things happen. And it's not like men don't face the same issue. People just need to grow thicker skin.

Sexual objectification is a way of life

Good luck combating 300 million years of evolution. I wish you the best.

I don't catcall. I catcalled exactly one time in my life, and I ended up dating the girl. So, I sorta knew what I was getting myself into. The catcall was intended to initiate a conversation, and it wasn't lewd.

I have a feeling that catcalling is something a small majority of men engage in, but they do it so often that they skew the perception of how likely it is for men to engage in such behavior.

And yes, people need to stop doing it.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Streets are a public forum, you can say anything you want, even if you're a crass douche bag,

No more censoring please, move along.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, we don't teach most of our men to actually grow up...catcalling and street harassment are just a couple of examples of the larger phenomena.

BTW, for some of the dimwits in the thread, simply looking is not what the article is referring too...you might want to work on your reading comprehension.

What ever happened to ignoring idiots screaming things on the street?
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."