Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Does this mean we will stop seeing purses and grocery bags taking up spare seats or are we still going to ignore that?
    Throw those on the floor and sit down on the seat like the rest of us do.

i live in nyc and i can tell you i very rarely see a man spreading his legs to the point where he takes up 2 seats (or 2 seats worth of space)... if anything on my way to class in the morning i see lots of women applying makeup, putting belongings that should be on their laps next to them to take up more space, or crossing their legs so that people can't walk past them comfortably. "manspreading" is probably the biggest double standard third wave "feminism" has thrown at the U.S.

Deleted
    Don't know why it's called manspreading, where I live in England at least you see women taking up 2 or 3 seats far more often than men do so their bags don't have to touch the ground (heaven forbid).
    Last edited by mmocb22ba0bc6d; 2017-06-23 at 05:17 PM.

My favorite part of watching dudes try to explain the 'necessity' of "manspreading" - even in videos - is they have to resort to some mythical scenario where they're clamping their knees together and putting their nuts in a vice grip. Even women don't sit that way.

No one cares if your legs are slightly apart. "Manspreading" that women cry about is when you have spread yourself out until your legs are in other people's space, as if you're trying to give your balls a nice breeze. I have never encountered discomfort sitting like a normal human being and occupying only one seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    To be fair none of the women and men in the video took two seat like some of the picture we see. Everyone had a reasonable sitting pose.

No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    thats women privilege, dont you dare fight against that.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No, you should. That's some fucking bullshit.
    Stop hating on women, that is sexist.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I seriously would have said something to that cow. There are clearly 2 people standing, who could have sat in those seats.
    She looks preggers more than fat to me.

I seriously would have said something to that cow. There are clearly 2 people standing, who could have sat in those seats.
    What, you wouldn't just tolerate such behavior since the grand scheme of things not getting to sit down on a 30 min ride is such a stupidly insignificant inconvenience that its in fact simple to let it slide?

'Cow' isn't used to call a woman fat in Britain. It's more like calling a woman a bitch.
    Ohhh gotcha, yea, it is used as fat where I am. Makes more sense now :3

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I guess some men want to make up excuses.

Now the question is, how many thousand pictures would you like from google, of men sitting with legs crossed even, not just closed, and from different decades?
    Easy for them, they all probably have tiny nuts. If I sat like that, I would be in a lot of pain.

Guys that NEED more room, should whip out their balls in protest and show people why we have to sit the way we do.

It's either wide legged or figure-4 cross legged for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Short for space reserved for wheelchairs, pregnant women etc. no one is entitled to any amount of seats on public transport.
    Yea, this types of thinking is exactly why it should be illegal to take up more space than average (one seat per person) on public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Does this mean we will stop seeing purses and grocery bags taking up spare seats or are we still going to ignore that?
    Agreed, if we actually need a law so people don't have to ask men to make room by closing their legs then we surely need a law that makes sure women don't put their purses next to them in an empty seat or anyone putting backpacks and grocery bags in the seat. I need to be protected from that awkward conversation as much as everyone else does with the spread legged man.

We could also use a law that makes sure fat people stand and don't take up two seats as well. Then maybe a law that requires people who use public transportation to bathe and use deodorant so people can actually sit next to them. And then a law that makes sure that children under a certain age sit in their parents lap, it isn't my fault you brought a child into the world who takes up 1/8 of a seat. Put that fucker in your lap and stop taking up space of actual contributing members of society. MORE LAWS TO AVOID AWKWARD CONVERSATION!
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2017-06-23 at 05:59 PM.

I guess some men want to make up excuses.

Now the question is, how many thousand pictures would you like from google, of men sitting with legs crossed even, not just closed, and from different decades?
    Isn't this bad for you?

Not spreading your legs will quickly build up heat in your crotch area, especially in summer (we are talking about public transport in Madrid here, not the air-conditioned Oval Office). And since the male body pays extra special attention to the temperature of our balls (seriously) you are bound to sweat more in that area. Which isn't fun, needless to say.

Of course there is spreading your legs a bit and then there is spreading like the guy in the video. I would never invade the space of my neighbor, if only to avoid skin contact with whover is next to me.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2017-06-23 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Isn't this bad for you?
    Care to elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. If your legs take two damn seats there's a problem. Manspreading was initially made to target men who dared not keep their legs together and it was absurd.

But in this case, it's extremely clear that it's not about keeping your legs together; it's about not invading the personal space of other users.

Now if only there could be a ban on pursespreading.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Care to elaborate?
    Health wise. Doesn't it cause nerve damage or circulation issues? Blood CLotting? Or am I thinking of something else

Deleted
    As a spaniard I want to ensure something to everyone:
    This law will be ENFORCED WITH THE MIGHT AND HARSHNESS that our political corruption laws are.