Demonic Inquisition and Splitting Ice

Wondering about your guys thoughts on running SI on Demonic Inquisition with specific attention to the Bone Saw and Fel Squall abilities. SI appears to be the go to talent for the nice two target cleave when they are tanked close enough, but I am debating with myself on whether to hold FoF procs during the Bone Saw and/or Fel Squall period or use them and eat the torment. For our guild's pulls on normal and heroic, I have been using FoF procs during the abilities and get about 2 or 3 in before I have to confess, therefore creating possibly avoidable downtime. Do you use your FoF procs and Flurry>IL during these periods or hold until the cast is over?
    Last edited by Randy Bobandy; 2017-06-23 at 07:18 PM.

Could ask your tanks to take them further apart when they are about to cast, they can start with the bosses stacked and move about 10 secs before fel squall, and after the bone saw can restack them. I'm sure other classes will benefit too.

Deleted
    You can turn so you only see one boss and the lance wont split.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    That's true. I guess I will just have to work on my positioning as I get more comfortable with the fight. Was more preoccupied with mechanics and downing the boss. Practice makes perfect. Still sometimes Bone Saw's trajectory will bring them together
    Last edited by Randy Bobandy; 2017-06-23 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    This works to an extent but certainly not always, dude has a huge hitbox.

Combined effort of tank movement, your placement and your targeting will help make the situation better but sometimes you just can't help it. Maybe hold out on the FoF unless you're capped at 3 if tanks are being slow at moving idk.

Mage | Demon Hunter | Druid

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    easily solved tho, just take frozen touch.

I personally run frozen touch for this fight on heroic. I find it easier to manage then stuffing around when they use their abilities.

The Comet Storm from the leggo helm also causes Torment...

So there's that as well

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    The Comet Storm from the leggo helm also causes Torment...

So there's that as well
    Don't wait so long to switch targets and that is never an issue. For myself as soon as one finishes their attack I switch to them. If you are worried about helping on interupts just use a focus target interupt macro, it is faster since you don't have to target it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It's silly to not use Splitting Ice on this boss, as there are many times you can benefit from it. Unless your tanks are being derps and tanking Atrigan right on top of Belac during their ultimates, its rather simple to prevent the splitting mechanic.

You need to be up near melee range of Belac. When he's about to perform Fel Squal, turn your back so it's facing Belac. Your IL into Atrigan will not split. When Fel Squal is over, you can shift your body again and back up so IL will hit both targets (assuming your tank isn't derp again and dragged Atrigan all the way across the room). When Atrigan does his whirlwild, face your back to him as you attack Belac. Rinse and Repeat.

Using this strategy I'll only have to go in the cage 0-1 times during a normal/heroic encounter to remove torment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    It's silly to not use Splitting Ice on this boss, as there are many times you can benefit from it. Unless your tanks are being derps and tanking Atrigan right on top of Belac during their ultimates, its rather simple to prevent the splitting mechanic.

You need to be up near melee range of Belac. When he's about to perform Fel Squal, turn your back so it's facing Belac. Your IL into Atrigan will not split. When Fel Squal is over, you can shift your body again and back up so IL will hit both targets (assuming your tank isn't derp again and dragged Atrigan all the way across the room). When Atrigan does his whirlwild, face your back to him as you attack Belac. Rinse and Repeat.

Using this strategy I'll only have to go in the cage 0-1 times during a normal/heroic encounter to remove torment.
    You can't stand in melee on mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    You can't stand in melee on mythic.
    You can't stand in melee in any mode; that's not what he said.

I can confirm...standing way back at range you can basically face the side/back where only one is at the edge of your peripheral vision and not split ice, then spin back when they are both vulnerable to hit them both again.

I was able to constantly do it with only about one Icicle each time hitting the "bad one" each time Balroc did his thing...since other guy gets spun away from Balroc when he does his it was easier on that special.

Thought I will say the fight had me switch from Ice Flows to Shimmer as that second Blink was very handy when you are repeatedly targeted with that area based torment void slow zone...very handy indeed

Fight is impossible for frost when your tanks are derping around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Fight is impossible for frost when your tanks are derping around.
    Nah, you can get away with it. Enemys have to be infront of you, to cast spells on them. This includes splitting ice, just turn your character correct. Unless they are tanked on top of each other, but that rarely happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Nah, you can get away with it. Enemys have to be infront of you, to cast spells on them. This includes splitting ice, just turn your character correct. Unless they are tanked on top of each other, but that rarely happens.
    Tanked on top of eachother during Squall.

Tanked on top of eachother at the worst possible moments basically....tanks..derping...