Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Americans had set up assimilation centers for Native Americans

The cultural assimilation of Native Americans was an assimilation effort by the United States to transform Native American culture to European–American culture between the years of 1790–1920.
    George Washington and Henry Knox were first to propose, in an American context, the cultural transformation of Native Americans.
    They formulated a policy to encourage the "civilizing" process.With increased waves of immigration from Europe, there was growing public support for education to encourage a standard set of cultural values and practices to be held in common by the majority of citizens. Education was viewed as the primary method in the acculturation process for minorities.

Americanization policies were based on the idea that when indigenous people learned United States (American) customs and values, they would be able to merge tribal traditions with American culture and peacefully join the majority of the society. After the end of the Indian Wars, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the government outlawed the practice of traditional religious ceremonies. It established Native American boarding schools which children were required to attend. In these schools they were forced to speak English, study standard subjects, attend church, and leave tribal traditions behind.

Source : fake news liberal media

I always find very interesting that the arguments used by various right wing groups in regard to immigration are, in the large majority of cases, a projection from what their own founding fathers and ancestors did.

A lot of people probably read that title and imagined hordes of mexicans/blacks/arabs coming to impose shariah law and change their "way of life".
    It sounds plausible, it "feels" like it could happen.
    Yet when you mention actual historical events that involved us "the west", you will inevitably trigger epidermic reactions among those same people, who will tell you it was "not that bad for them" and to stop being "self-hating".

Since we're all about moral judgements here, lets ask ourselves which is worse between third world immigrants fleeing war/poverty and powerful countries setting up colonies to loot other people's ressources ?

- - - Updated - - -

But the Europeans brought God's words to those heretics!!! /s

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    *Lets compare how Americans treated people hundreds of years ago to show them that they did what people in the 21st centurary want to do*

*First reply makes a comment about the crusades to show how the mean white people attacked the holy land over 1000 years ago*

Lets look at this real quick, was it right what happened to native Americans? nah thats hit was fucked. How did the Spanish treat the people in South America? The English sure were nice with that fancy empire all around the world weren't they! Ottoman Empire did nothing mean to anyone, not even when they took over dozens of civilizations and turned Europe and Anotolia into a war-torn hell hole. French sure were nice to people in Africa, and Nepolian sure was a super guy too! Not to mention them pesky Germans.

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, shut the fuck up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    *Lets compare how Americans treated people hundreds of years ago to show them that they did what people in the 21st centurary want to do*

*First reply makes a comment about the crusades to show how the mean white people attacked the holy land over 1000 years ago*

Lets look at this real quick, was it right what happened to native Americans? nah thats hit was fucked. How did the Spanish treat the people in South America? The English sure were nice with that fancy empire all around the world weren't they! Ottoman Empire did nothing mean to anyone, not even when they took over dozens of civilizations and turned Europe and Anotolia into a war-torn hell hole. French sure were nice to people in Africa, and Nepolian sure was a super guy too! Not to mention them pesky Germans.

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, shut the fuck up
    lol its like you tried to be the most perfect example of what i described in my op

good job

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-24 at 10:16 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Since we're all about moral judgements here, lets ask ourselves which is worse between third world immigrants fleeing war/poverty and powerful countries setting up colonies to loot other people's ressources ?
    Mass third world migration is worse. First world migration wasn't faultless but at least it brought developed civilization to the new regions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Mass third world migration is worse. First world migration wasn't faultless but at least it brought developed civilization to the new regions.
    1- technological progress is not necessarily the goal of all civilizations and its not a choice we're entitled to make for them

2- your claim has no factual basis and can be disproven by examples like china, which is currently rising to the top on many metrics after setting itself free from foreign powers

1- technological progress is not necessarily the goal of all civilizations and its not a choice we're entitled to make for them

2- your claim has no factual basis and can be disproven by examples like china, which is currently rising to the top on many metrics after setting itself free from foreign powers
    French killed 1,000,000 Tutsi in Rwanda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide

The colonials would seize control of a region and put the weakest tribe in charge. Why the weakest? Because the weakest tribe would have to rely on the colonial power to protect. In Rwanda's case the French put the Tutsi in charge of the larger Hutu tribe. The Tutsi got all the jobs, all the business opportunities the Hutu got nothing. This built up a intense hatred in the Hutu for the weaker Tutsi.

When the French pulled out, the Hutu rose up and slaughtered the Tutsi.

After we talk about this, we can talk about the French creating the Hell on Earth that is Haiti, their slave colony.

And then Vietnam. And several other colonies the French had. Cambodia too?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lawl @ your claim that Wikipedia is "fake news liberal media". Keep drinking that Kool-Aid, kid.
    not the sharpest fish in the sea are ya

7+ Year Old Account
    It should be.

China has been working hard to develop and grow their economy. Good job China. I don't think we have a disagreement regarding China.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    French killed 1,000,000 Tutsi in Rwanda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide

The colonials would seize control of a region and put the weakest tribe in charge. Why the weakest? Because the weakest tribe would have to rely on the colonial power to protect. In Rwanda's case the French put the Tutsi in charge of the larger Hutu tribe. The Tutsi got all the jobs, all the business opportunities the Hutu got nothing. This built up a intense hatred in the Hutu for the weaker Tutsi.

When the French pulled out, the Hutu rose up and slaughtered the Tutsi.

After we talk about this, we can talk about the French creating the Hell on Earth that is Haiti, their slave colony.

And then Vietnam. And several other colonies the French had. Cambodia too?
    well yes ? there are french nutjobs too , that will downplay this and tell you syrian refugees are the root of all evil

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It should be.
    not it "should" not

that's my personal preference for my society but none of us has the right to impose it to others.

How dare those people argue that some people are doing horrible things when other people have done other horrible things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I tend not to feel guilt for things that happen before I was alive.

additionally, I don't believe false guilt should be an excuse to allow shitty behaviors and policies be enacted today.

not the sharpest fish in the sea are ya
    I think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    What exactly is the point of this thread? Because it could go a few different ways, just trying to figure out which one your going with here.
    I'm not sure he knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    So, The people that live in Scandinavia that have not colonized or taken slaves ( we have been taken as slaves by africans though), should accept mass immigration because??

I mean, if we want to end up like the Indians and be a minority in our own lands, then importing people with a medieval mindset that out breeds the local population is a good idea.
    Agreed.

I don't understand the leftist mentality that somehow "racial" justice involves punshing people who have no relation to past injustices committed against minorities because of their skin color.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
    It's a case of you not getting that OP is satirizing shitlords/alt-right/anti-sjw/whateverelse.

Not sure what the point of that pic is in regards to this thread, but the white chick is way hotter than the towel head.

Regardless, she's just a dumb bitch looking for likes on Instagram. The arab chick is posing for propaganda right before she's going to shoot up a village. There's a big difference there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Not sure what the point of that pic is in regards to this thread, but the white chick is way hotter than the towel head.

Regardless, she's just a dumb bitch looking for likes on Instagram. The arab chick is posing for propaganda right before she's going to shoot up a village. There's a big difference there.
    "That modest and humble woman is just liberating her country from western invaders. The white chick is a warmongering crusader claiming her support to the imperialist armies bombing children in the middle east.There's a big difference here"

the wonderful world of different perspectives

So, The people that live in Scandinavia that have not colonized or taken slaves ( we have been taken as slaves by africans though), should accept mass immigration because??

I mean, if we want to end up like the Indians and be a minority in our own lands, then importing people with a medieval mindset that out breeds the local population is a good idea.
    Funny how the OP says the west is colonizing the world, when the rest of the world is pretty obviously colonizing the west.

Look up the poem, "Colonisation in Reverse"
    http://louisebennett.com/colonization-in-reverse/

Wat a devilment a Englan!
    Dem face war an brave de worse,
    But me wonderin how dem gwine stan
    Colonizin in reverse.

It's up to your country to decide what you want to do.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-06-23 at 10:05 PM.