https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sn...GSS-05-10aac1b

SNES-Style Controller For Nintendo Switch Coming This Year
    Compatible with PCs and mobile devices too.
    Nintendo Switch players looking for a more retro experience will be happy to know 8Bitdo is making a replica SNES controller built with the system in mind. The SNES30 Pro features Bluetooth, USB-C, rumble vibration, motion controls, and player indicator LEDs--of course, it looks just like a traditional SNES controller. Check it out below.

On the right, you'll also see the Super Famicom-style model, if you'd like to capture the classic Japanese design instead. Both are replacements for the Switch Pro Controller, but they will work on PCs and mobile devices as well. They're slated to be released this holiday season.

There are two other new ways to play Switch (and PC) coming from 8Bitdo too. You can get even more old school with the NES30 Arcade Stick (below).

The company is also releasing the set of speakers below called the Twin Cube Stereo Speakers, to boost the audio experience. They're wireless, but have an AUX input. Both the speakers and the NES Arcade Stick are due out sooner than the SNES-style controllers, coming this fall.

Last month, 8Bitdo updated the firmware on its full library of controllers to make them compatible with Nintendo Switch. Not all the controllers will work perfectly with every Switch game, but the company says the new SNES controllers by the end of the year will be perfect fits for Switch's full library of games.

8Bitdo revealed its new controllers at E3, and you can click here to see our full coverage of all the gaming hardware that was released during the expo on day 1 and on day 2.
    Neat I may grab the controller.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ne...source=twitter
    New Nintendo Switch Dock From Nyko Is Incredibly Portable, Costs Much Less
    Nintendo has made sure that the Switch dock is seen as a fundamental part of the console--in most pictures, the Switch is seen paired with its TV dock. However, as third-party peripheral manufacturer Nyko has shown, the dock does not need to be nearly as bulky as the official Nintendo one.

Nyko has announced an ultra-portable, stripped-down dock for the Switch, and, if the pictures are to be believed, it can fit in your pocket. It's a lot smaller than the official dock, but according to a report from Ars Technica, it still holds the console securely.

In addition, since you place the console on top of this dock, instead of inside it, you won't have to worry that it'll scratch your Switch's screen. Earlier this year, some users were reporting that the official dock was scratching their Switch. Nyko's dock solves this problem.

It has one downside compared to the bigger dock. It requires a bit more concentration to use; you won't be able to slide the console directly and easily into it like you can with the official version. However, it'll feature everything else that you'd need in a dock, including at least two USB ports. It'll also ship with both USB-C and HDMI cables.

The Portable Docking Kit, as it's called by Nyko, launches in September. Currently, the company estimates the price at $45, although it told Ars Technica that it might drop to $40. An extra Nintendo dock costs $90.
    Well that didn't take long, Will be buying one.

(And some people tried to say there wouldn't be a 3rd party dock, LOL)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

When they release Pokémon to the Switch I hope it has access to the Pokémon bank from the 3DS and the bring back the national Pokedex.

Sun and Moon were great, the lack of super training and moving the national dex out of the game to the bank were really poor moves in my mind.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Pokemon Bank isn't going away, TPC and GameFreak probably don't want what happened between Gen 2 and Gen 3 to happen again.

Man thats a nice looking fighting stick. Shame theres no fightan geemu on the switch that interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Also, Wii versions of games were built from the ground up cause the Wii was so much different from the PS3 and XB360 in terms of architecture.
    Are you trying to suggest the Switch is close to the Xbox One and PS4 in terms of architecture?

I hope not...

ARM and x86 couldn't be any more different.

I also love your tin foil hat on why frostbite games aren't on Switch. If the Switch could run the same version of FIFA 18 as PS4 and Xbox One it would be doing so as it would be easier to port that then then up porting the last gen versions on their dated engine. The Switch is getting ONE FIFA game as EA is contractually obligated to make for it by FIFA. It's not going to get FIFA 19 I hate to break it to you...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-22 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Are you trying to suggest the Switch is close to the Xbox One and PS4 in terms of architecture?

I hope not...

ARM and x86 couldn't be any more different.

I also love your tin foil hat on why frostbite games aren't on Switch. If the Switch could run the same version of FIFA 18 as PS4 and Xbox One it would be doing so as it would be easier to port that then then up porting the last gen versions on their dated engine. The Switch is getting ONE FIFA game as EA is contractually obligated to make for it by FIFA. It's not going to get FIFA 19 I hate to break it to you...
    And yet ARM is much closer to X86 than PowerPC was.

And as for the Switch not getting FIFA '19, again, it's all based on how inexpensive it would be to port it to the Switch, and how much money EA makes off of it. If it's easy to port in Frostbite and enough people buy '18 (which I've heard some people love the idea of a portable sports game), it will come.

And remember, the Wii, PS2, 3DS, and VITA all got versions themselves up until '15 despite the first two being two generations behind, the one being an "underpowered portable," and the last being weak on sales.

And as for the Switch not getting FIFA '19, again, it's all based on how inexpensive it would be to port it to the Switch, and how much money EA makes off of it. If it's easy to port in Frostbite and enough people buy '18 (which I've heard some people love the idea of a portable sports game), it will come.

And remember, the Wii, PS2, 3DS, and VITA all got versions themselves up until '15 despite the first two being two generations behind, the one being an "underpowered portable," and the last being weak on sales.
    First off ARM is not much closer to X86 then PowerPC......

Second it doesn't matter what Wii,Ps2,3DS and Vita got. Even more so at the time they got them, Since back then EA wasn't converting everything they make to Frost Bite. Also since u used 3DS as a example, Notice how it only got one FIFA game????? Even tho the system has sold a fuck ton.

Now everything they build is on Frost Bite, That speaks volumes at the fact FIFA18 for The Switch ISN'T. The Switch can not run there current version of Frost Bite, Its never going to happen and its becoming quite clear (While not bad) the only 3rd party games coming to The Switch will be the lease demanding titles like DBZ Xenoverse.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-22 at 08:06 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

That moment when you realize...

1) PS3 and Xbox 360 where both PowerPC IBM architecture. Not x86. The exact same architecture as the Wii and Wii U, which you claimed was too different when in reality there was only a power difference.

and

2) 3 completely different architectures does and claiming one is "closer". Go ahead and explain how one is closer to the other, I'm not going to tell you if you're right or not because I'm not sure you even understand what you're talking about or just trying to throw shit at the wall hoping something sticks like Switch leakers.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=432

In a Square Enix shareholder meeting, they said DQXI Switch hasn't even gotten out of the planning stages and are instead focusing on the PS4 and 3DS versions first.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=432

In a Square Enix shareholder meeting, they said DQXI Switch hasn't even gotten out of the planning stages and are instead focusing on the PS4 and 3DS versions first.
    Well yeah. They had it planned before the Switch even came out? How can they plan for a console they had no idea was going to be released? I don't see much of a downgrade for that coming to switch. 720P/900P and 30 FPS will be the target for this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ming-to-switch

Konami: PES 2018 isn't coming to the Switch, but 2019 may come to the Switch if there is enough fan demand.

- - - Updated - - -

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xivs...h-m-1796345981

In an interview with Kotaku, FFXIV director Naoki Yoshida says he is still open to a Switch port, but is still waiting on cross-play confirmation from Nintendo.

I wonder what's the hold up? Obviously, the FFXIV team has been working on Stormblood since at least the beginning of the year, so they probably haven't had time to work on a port, but is there any other issues that may have popped up?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...iculous-notion

An article expanlaing why people thinking Nintendo is intentionally making Switch shortages is ridiculous.

TL;DR: The Switch is too important to Nintendo's bottomline, especially since it replaced the Wii U and will eventually replace the 3DS. They need sales of the Switch in order to make there biggest sales, aka software and peripherals. This is not like amiibo or the NES Classic.

In an interview with Kotaku, FFXIV director Naoki Yoshida says he is still open to a Switch port, but is still waiting on cross-play confirmation from Nintendo.

I wonder what's the hold up? Obviously, the FFXIV team has been working on Stormblood since at least the beginning of the year, so they probably haven't had time to work on a port, but is there any other issues that may have popped up?
    Considering they just ditched PS3 since it was holding tech back, I would be surprised if they added in another console that would introduce further tech limitations compared to their current platforms (and possible Xbox One launch).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ming-to-switch

Konami: PES 2018 isn't coming to the Switch, but 2019 may come to the Switch if there is enough fan demand.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...iculous-notion

An article expanlaing why people thinking Nintendo is intentionally making Switch shortages is ridiculous.

TL;DR: The Switch is too important to Nintendo's bottomline, especially since it replaced the Wii U and will eventually replace the 3DS. They need sales of the Switch in order to make there biggest sales, aka software and peripherals. This is not like amiibo or the NES Classic.
    Not happening. FF14 just got rid of big one limiter in PS3. To introduce what could be another in a year or two is silly. Also you clearly have no idea what it takes to actually meet with people and consider the possibility of a port if you think it should have just happened or been announced while they were working on Stormblood.

Considering MS are way more open to cross play now we are more likely going to see an Xbox One version of FF14 down the line with Xbox One X patch support.

So again no thanks to a Switch port or it will just end up being PS3 all over again. Not dumping on the Switch but just telling it how it is. Switch would just cause more problems again than it's worth supporting for FF14 in general.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-23 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ARM ISA is much closer to Power than it is to x86 just sheerly due to the fact that ARM and Power are both RISC and not CISC.

I wonder what's the hold up? Obviously, the FFXIV team has been working on Stormblood since at least the beginning of the year, so they probably haven't had time to work on a port, but is there any other issues that may have popped up?c.
    That's Square Enix nicely saying The Switch won't have a port. They just dropped the PS3, They are not going to put it on a system that will make the game super limited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Considering MS are way more open to cross play now we are more likely going to see an Xbox One version of FF14 down the line with Xbox One X patch support.
    The only way this happens is if Microsoft accepts Square Enix's terms on Cross-Play. They clearly want it all to be one Eco system and how Microsoft wants it done stops that.

Its the same song and dance that has been going on since ARR.

I welcome the Cross-Play, Just not how MS wants it done. But ill leave it at that, don't want to derail the thread.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-23 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent a week with some friends and got a chance to play ARMS. Overall, I thought it was very fun, a great party game, and interesting take on the fighting genre. But, it's very limited in terms of content, has little to no eSports potential, and isn't quite as enjoyable solo.

It was fun to play it and I don't regret spending my time with it, but I'm definitely not going to buy it for myself and I don't think the 60 dollar price tag is justified.

It's not because the smoke Phil Spencer wants to blow is just that smoke. They want cross play on their terms, those terms being you have to give the option to only play with XBL players. Yoshi has already said this a million times, they will not make XBL only servers so as long as MS has that bs requirement it's not getting FFXIV, and also probably is not going to be playing with PS4 players in any other game either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not because the smoke Phil Spencer wants to blow is just that smoke. They want cross play on their terms, those terms being you have to give the option to only play with XBL players. Yoshi has already said this a million times, they will not make XBL only servers so as long as MS has that bs requirement it's not getting FFXIV, and also probably is not going to be playing with PS4 players in any other game either.
    Aha. I thought MS had loosened up is all.

But anyway back to the Switch thing. It ain't happening. As I said. Why bring in a limitation when you just got rid of one? I imagine Switch would probably struggle to get 30 fps this being an MMO and all but feel free to give me any insight.

Aha. I thought MS had loosened up is all.

But anyway back to the Switch thing. It ain't happening. As I said. Why bring in a limitation when you just got rid of one? I imagine Switch would probably struggle to get 30 fps this being an MMO and all but feel free to give me any insight.
    Nah it's definitely not coming to the Switch, and if by some miracle it ever did it would be docked only which I don't see Nintendo allowing. It's a pretty CPU intensive game and the switch CPU is a joke, especially undocked.

The only reason I think it even ran on the PS3 was because the Cell is still a beast of a cpu, probably outshining whatever shit tier cpu is in the switch by a lot tbh. They'd probably still support the PS3 version if trying to get the game to run on 512MB of memory wasn't a nightmare LMAO.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/100...intendo-switch

Welp, Rocket League doesn't get any apparent boost when docked.