Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post

Source : fake news liberal media

I always find very interesting that the arguments used by various right wing groups in regard to immigration are, in the large majority of cases, a projection from what their own founding fathers and ancestors did.

A lot of people probably read that title and imagined hordes of mexicans/blacks/arabs coming to impose shariah law and change their "way of life".
    It sounds plausible, it "feels" like it could happen.
    Yet when you mention actual historical events that involved us "the west", you will inevitably trigger epidermic reactions among those same people, who will tell you it was "not that bad for them" and to stop being "self-hating".
    So just to be clear, is this supposed to make people think that there's definitely no reason to worry about outsiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    So just to be clear, is this supposed to make people think that there's definitely no reason to worry about outsiders?
    In an ideal world, people wouldn't move to countries to which they can't adapt. That's sadly not the case, so it makes sense to require people to adapt to the country they move to or they can't come.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-06-23 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Really? So do like Poland and Hungary then? Just tell the EU to shove it? (I'm all for telling the EU to shove it though xD)
    Aren't you a sovereign nation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    its supposed to say stop attributing them false and hypocritical motives and do something productive about it rather than building walls

like idk stop bombing countries if you don't want refugees

its supposed to say stop attributing them false and hypocritical motives and do something productive about it rather than building walls

like idk stop bombing countries if you don't want refugees
    You're all the over place and not making any real sense. It makes it hard to meaningfully engage. A random scattershot of anti-American opinions isn't really interesting.

When it comes to our EFTA membership: No.
    The people voted no to EU multiple times, but our politicians put us in a loveless marriage with the EU through EFTA without the peoples consent.

- - - Updated - - -

But the humble woman is just gonna kill more humble women from the same ideology...
    I have no idea what EFTA is, how would it stop you from deciding your own laws regarding immigration?

Source : fake news liberal media

I always find very interesting that the arguments used by various right wing groups in regard to immigration are, in the large majority of cases, a projection from what their own founding fathers and ancestors did.
    Considering the United States was founded on native american law, the iroquois confederacy, your entire presumption of colonization is wrong. You might want to open a history book before posting non-sense. Also, the original tribes (500+) still exist to this day, lol.

Who would you rather spend time with?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

t. Idiot willfully ignorant on the problems of immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lawl @ your claim that Wikipedia is "fake news liberal media". Keep drinking that Kool-Aid, kid.
    Could be wrong, but I think Poe's Law is in play.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I mean, of course. Native Americans no longer had a home. If you don't assimilate to the dominant culture there are serious repercussions that follow. Look at what is happening in Europe.

In Europe, there should be a policy/threat of "assimilate or be returned," whereas the Native Americans, as a conquered people, had no choice. The migrants in Europe have it WAY easier, and Europe needs to be harder on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Who would you rather spend time with?
    as far as i'm concerned both are armed religious nutjobs so none of them

Well, basically we the people did not want to be part of the EU, but the politicans did, and still do.
    So they made us join a union with EU where we have to act like we are a part of the EU, but we have no right to vote new laws or take part in making new laws.
    This doesn't really answer my question... EFTA seems to be about trade, why would it stop you from implementing more restrictive immigration laws?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-06-23 at 10:35 PM.

"Europe needs more diversity"
    But why? Why does only Europe need to have some sort of mosaic of all sorts of people that hate eachother?

Deleted
    Spoken like a true marxist
    can you please explain to me how im wrong ?

both are holding weapons, religious books, posing with symbols

don't let your penis do the thinking

You can look up the Dublin treaty or whatever its called
    I did and it says

"The Dublin Regulation aims to "determine rapidly the Member State responsible [for an asylum claim]"[1] and provides for the transfer of an asylum seeker to that Member State. Usually, the responsible Member State will be the state through which the asylum seeker first entered the EU."

I don't see how that relates to not being able to restrict your immigration laws.

Just because something did happen historically doesn't mean we should repeat or allow it to be done after we've learned from history that it was horrible and wrong.

Learn from History and stop history from repeating itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's up to your country to decide what you want to do.
    Doesn't exactly work all that fine and dandy when politicians in power tend to go with the "Everyone's good and honest at heart!"-policy before anything else.

I don't feel bad about what the Vikings did, nor do I feel bad about wanting controlled immigration and for our government to not sell out the welfare state we've built to the rest of the world. They SAY that immigrants coming just for financial reasons are not allowed to stay, but you can bet your ass that some bleeding-heart sap from the Feminist Initiative-party will be kicking up hell over it and saying that everyone arriving, should be allowed to stay regardless of situation. And if anyone dares to object and point to facts of our society such as healthcare, housing, law and order etc etc, they bring out the "RACIST!!!"-card to kill all discussion.

Yes we had boarding schools to promote that effort. I think it was successful. Sure you still have "tribal" governments but they are still under the authority of the united states government. We could always cut all funding to them on the federal, state and local levels if they have issue with anything and won't obey. It'd be right back to extreme poverty so I don't see tribes rising up at any point.

As far as the OP goes, Muslim refugees assimilate well in the US, like 90% are self sufficient within 6 months.

Apparently these first generation Muslims aren't a threat they are grateful they got out of the piece of shit country they fled from. It's their kids who become terrorists.

Also Muslims tend to make a bit more money than average in the US, once they are established. Lot's become business owners.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland