Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    as somebody who lives with smokers, i feel like stabbing them to death in their sleep often because they smoke inside and stink, i understand allowing people to do it, but i also think taxes on this shit should be way higher, its a drug and they should suffer greatly to kill themselves. lol
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    as somebody who lives with smokers, i feel like stabbing them to death in their sleep often because they smoke inside and stink, i understand allowing people to do it, but i also think taxes on this shit should be way higher, its a drug and they should suffer greatly to kill themselves. lol
    when people come into my store and just smell like smoke i dont even want to talk to them. i dont understand the level of lack of will people must have to smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It's cool if people f!ck themselves right into the ground with poor life choices, but why should others suffer the consequences of people not being able to let go of their adult pacifiers?
    Honestly, if you are not living with a smoker or working in a place that allows smoking there are bigger things to be concerned about. Such as car exhaust. Why are internal combustion cars not banned? If you live in a city or near a highway you're probably doing a lot of damage to your health by staying there. Also coal power plants, don't live near those. Oh and sugar and alcohol and... I could go on but I won't.

Someday we will look back at this era like we do at those doctors who used to prescribe mercury to cure ailments and wonder WTF we were thinking. Only we know this stuff is harmful and do nothing.

Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2017-06-24 at 06:09 AM.

Because FUCK THAT. Cigars are one of the very few luxuries I can afford right now. When I enjoy a cigar, I'm always alone and outside and away from others, so you can't argue I'm hurting anyone with second hand smoke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Lung cancer is going to exist regardless of smoking, and if 3000/year die because of smoking but the government takes in $15.5B to fund research and do other things I think it's a sad but necessary tradeoff.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lung...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=gove...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    This is the right answer to the OP's question. I don't think there is any more need for debate.

Smoking is just a small portion of he things that cause lung cancer. Especially to non smokers!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would say people would die eventually but there are people in their 100s still smoking.

Smoking is my freedom, if you don't like it go away (I mostly smoke in MY garden, and smoking on kids playground is illegal anyway, so I don't see how that can harm others more than smoke from cars etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    So killing people is more justifiable than smoking? They smoke inside? Maybe it is time to move out? btw tax of tobacco and other harmful stuff is basically blood money, and no matter how high it will be people will still buy it, or they will evade tax by buying tobacco from contraband.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    U mean addicted yes?
    And this is what ignorant people say.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-06-24 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have people stop smoking by themselves and the trend is already going downwards. It's a matter of education and self-control in the end. Otherwise smoking is already banned in a lot of places, I am more concerned with smokers tossing the remains of their cigarettes everywhere blighting some places like they hate these places.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Because governments make too much capitol on tobacco. That's effectively the short answer to it.

Deleted
    Im not a smoker and agree that others shouldn't be exposed to second hand smoking outdoors.. however if someone wants to do it in their own house, who are you to say they cant?

so why aren't idiots banned yet either?

You are smoking is bad those tax dollars go to a lot of schools, roads, and medical.
    Retailers are losing money and blame the internet. Yet if u ban smoking u are banning customers. Then you turned them to online shoppers. Alienating ones life choices due to you disagreeing with them. How can anyone believe anything that comes from government and medical studies. When they say Mary Jane can make u go crazy and eat your face off. Make things hard to swallow.
    Do i think smoking is bad for the body? Yes.
    Do I care? Yes/no
    It is a god give right to wtf you want as long as u r not hurting anyone. 2nd hand smoke kills ppl instantly... lol I have not seen it yet. I assume if you sit right by smoker every second of every day for 30 u may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Mhmm, come back when you google some more.
    What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Aside from the random sponsored studies the effects of second hand smoke are pretty solid there is no ambiguity.
    Actually there isn't. The original studies done on cancer rates in people living with a smoker were highly flawed and even they did not manage to find any statistically significant danger. Most all statements we see on second hand smoke is based on this study and the fact that the people who ordered it did not let little irritations like truth and science get in the way of their crusade.

Sidestream smoke: Smoke from the lighted end of a cigarette, pipe, or cigar, or tobacco burning in a hookah. This type of smoke has higher concentrations of cancer-causing agents (carcinogens) and is more toxic than mainstream smoke. It also has smaller particles than mainstream smoke. These smaller particles make their way into the lungs and the body’s cells more easily.
    This is total nonsense.

Smoking is bad for you, no doubt. I am an ex smoker that had to quit (also had to quit vaping) so I know this all too well. The dangers of second hand smoke on the other hand are so over stated that they have entered the world of fairy-tales. Of course smoking in a small closed space with a kid is bad (ie car) if done often but outdoor smoking bans is just about sad, angry people punishing the world with pseudoscience.

I wont be completely banned because it generates a ton of tax money in a lot of countries. Also in places where it is grown like the United States the tabacco lobby is one of the most powerful lobbies around. Sadly it is a lot like coal here. People are so short sighted and greedy that they will let the world go to total shit before they give up their jorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    so if I tell you the earth is round, you need proof to know it's true? I'm not gonna waste my time with people burying their heads in the sand. Smoking is dangerous, to the smoker and all around the smoker. I'm not googling it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, history lesson.

Way back when, there was this thing called Prohibition. The government got caught up in another moral scare and banned alcohol. After all, it was for the good of the people--cut down on accidents related to intoxication and people dying from long-term liver damage/literally drinking themselves to death. Sounds fair on paper from a safety standpoint.

In comes the black market. Crime families and organized crime syndicates swooped in and created a black market for alcohol overnight, hiding speakeasies and breweries behind legitimate business fronts and raking in tax-free money hand over fist. It kickstarted an arms race between criminals and police/the FBI that continues today with cartels and national gangs (just replace 'alcohol' with weed, heroin, meth, and crack/cocaine). Prohibition was not only a resounding failure, it turned into a massive money-making opportunity for crime rings to fund their activities, leading to the explosion in organized crime and the subsequent romanticism of the Mafioso archetype.

Then there was this product called cannabis. It was used primarily to produce hemp, a versatile product that could be used in clothes, rope, carpeting, and paper. Cannabis could also be used for pharmaceutical needs, especially as a painkiller. The pharmaceutical, textile, and clothing industries, led by a man named Harry Jacob Anslinger, spearheaded a massive smear campaign against cannabis and got it outlawed, leading to a thriving black market that continues today--and just like Prohibition, has led to a massive influx of funds for cartels and national gangs as well as local growers and dealers.

There is absolutely no reason to consider that outlawing cigarettes (in the unlikely event it even happens, as the tobacco industry has one of the most influential and well-funded lobbies other than the NRA) wouldn't simply cause a large black market to spring up like with alcohol and cannabis. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the inevitable black market for cigarettes would absolutely dwarf those that sprung up during Prohibition and that currently exist for cannabis, considering the large market share cigarettes currently hold.

Right now, things are about as good as they're going to get for anti-smokers: you can't smoke indoors in most places and many densely-populated cities have bans on smoking within ten to fifteen feet of public property.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Actually there isn't.
    https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_sta...ects/index.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    It generates tax revenue.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

It's cool if people f!ck themselves right into the ground with poor life choices, but why should others suffer the consequences of people not being able to let go of their adult pacifiers?
    I agree we should ban many destructive, largely negative, products. However, the reason it doesn't happen is twofold; 1. cowardice among low level authority 2. Placation of the populace among high authority.

People can not be trusted to control themselves.