External Harddrive question

So with the steam sale and with both my xbox one and pc getting low on space I was thinking of getting an External Harddrive.

I dont wanna spend much more than 60 bucks and this seems like a good deal but I'm not a computer guy so dont really know.
    Amazon Link
    Should I get this, one of the responses in the qa says it can be used for the xbox one as well. Or are there better hard drives to play games on?

10+ Year Old Account
    You need 2 drives and optimally you really should have an internal sata drive for the PC.

You can't use the same drive for both Xbox games and PC use. A drive formatted for PC use will only be able to be used for media storage on Xbox. (photos, music, and video clips) If you format the drive for Xbox use it won't be usable for PC use. (obviously, you can reformat the drive for PC to Xbox and back again at the expense of having to redownload your games etc)

Getting 1 external drive wont solve your problem as you cant use it for the pc and the xbox at the same time.
    I would prioritize the pc, and get another internal drive (assuming it has free slots) instead of an external one.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    You need 2 drives and optimally you really should have an internal sata drive for the PC.

You can't use the same drive for both Xbox games and PC use. A drive formatted for PC use will only be able to be used for media storage on Xbox. (photos, music, and video clips) If you format the drive for Xbox use it won't be usable for PC use. (obviously, you can reformat the drive for PC to Xbox and back again at the expense of having to redownload your games etc)
    Hmm thanks for the info guess i wont be getting it then.