Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    horde is dead. and blizz dont even know what to do with all that halfassed characters and loose ends. blizzard and horde are completely planless. times of that strong horde, with strong and honored individuals leading their races and represent them in a council, are long over.

baine, a douchebag watching his father die and never did any honored thing?
    gallywix, a small greedy goblin bastard never did anything more than 5 lines of lore somewhere near unimportant quest nr. 25537372524?
    lorethemar, one of the left chars with some potential? heared not much of him since a few xpacs.
    orcs with no leader, and then saurfang silently became leader (a good choice) but never made something out of this? no lore no quest nothing special.
    a troll tribe without (lol, blizz is that lazy) any lead.
    sylvanas, twillight forsaken stuff, yeah. old and totally dull and uninspired. and without much story too. and the most "i am in the horde council but forsaken are always on their own" council member. i am not sure here if this is really "better than nothing".

yeah, this is the (once) great horde. some loose coupled half assed stuff, inspired by blizzards completely lame and lazy writers. yeah. horde 2017. fun. noooot.

or in short: there should be blood and honor. but we got lame and halfassed.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-06-24 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I wouldn't be disappointed at all if they dropped the whole "we hate each other no matter what" thing and just let pvp be an outside thing faction members do for glory. (or to prove their courage, whatever)
    Problem is, without even a bit of faction conflict WoW lore risks to become more boring than it actually is at the moment. Conflict, tension, betrayals and even misunderstandings between mere "mortals" that share similar goals (just on opposite sides) are all far more compelling elements than beating the umpteenth world-threating bad guy of saturday's night who simply wants to see the world burn because he feels like it. There's no need of a MoP-level of war, however a perpetual state of tension and cold war surely does wonders, like it did back in vanilla. And like it or not, it's faction tension that spiced things up in pretty much all previous expansions (maybe except TBC, that still put a degree of hostility between the factions without focusing too much on them and WoD, that just had Alliance and Horde forces trolling each other at Ashran). Strip all the faction drama from expansions like WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP and even Classic and all that remains is people holding each other's hand to fight some unspeakably evil dude delivering over-the-top lines while laughing like a maniac and enjoying himself. Then rinse and repeat until some other bad guy shows up.

Now, if only Blizzard knew how to write the faction conflict either competently or realistically, like avoiding to send factions to total war while the world is either shattered by a big ass dragon or bathed in fel fire, things would probably look a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    Didn't say it was 'shining', but it was certainly Horde-centric. The Alliance story in the last 3 xpacs were either reacting to or ignoring Horde actions.
    I wonder how many Alliance players would have enjoyed that kind of attention, given how they weren't even happy enough with the Purge of Dalaran since it wasn't "fist-pumpy" enough, merely because the whole situation didn't feel morally "clean" on the Alliance's side.

But people will still QQ about the Horde taking a back seat in an xpac where the opening moments establish VERY firmly that this xpac is NOT about the factions...
    There's taking a backseat and then there's dismantling a faction's room for development in the space of 3 expansions. Garrosh's storyline messed the Horde up and instead of focusing on a necessary process of rebuilding they screwed it up further by killing more lore characters, one whose development felt utterly lacking and incomplete to begin with, simply because Varian's demise had to be mirrored on the Horde. Baine's chance to get some sorely needed development, a golden chance given the presence of Highmountain Tauren in this expansion, has been completely trashed for unknown reasons. Thrall is depressed and taking an obviously necessary backseat. All that's left are the elves. In the fucking Horde. Sylvanas and maybe Lor'themar.

The Horde needed a more independent development given how unique and different its own story arc has been during the whole Garrosh affair, instead it got to mimic the Alliance's one. And boom, that's how you get the current status of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Perhaps it's for the best blizzard ignores us. Last time we got attention they made our Warchief badass, forced us to kill him and replaced him with some stinky troll who kept the throne warm for one expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Another fine example of what I was talking about. Very compelling reasoning for why I should give a rat's ass for the Whored.
    How about you give an example of these legitimate Alliance issues then, instead of whining about how mean Horde players are for not taking them seriously, because for the most part, Alliance complaints I personally experienced are the above horseshit (ignoring the "Sylvainus is Hitler" thing @Arrashi already mentioned). Being witty isn't working out well for you. Or at all. So maybe being enlightening and shit will turn out to be your niche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    They don't have the time, the Blood Elves and the forsaken are not on good terms, Sylvanis is looking for a reason to depopulate Silvermoon and get more Forsaken.
    other than headcanon, nothing has implied they are at each-others throats.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    other than headcanon, nothing has implied they are at each-others throats.
    While dating back to WotLK, In the Shadow of the Sun demonstrates that Sylvanas and Lor'themar were certainly not on good terms. Their dialogue in the Siege of Orgrimmar doesn't exactly make their working relationship look to have improved since then, although it's hardly a reason to assume that Sylvanas wants to depopulate Silvermoon City.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    While dating back to WotLK, In the Shadow of the Sun demonstrates that Sylvanas and Lor'themar were certainly not on good terms. Their dialogue in the Siege of Orgrimmar doesn't exactly make their working relationship look to have improved since then, although it's hardly a reason to assume that Sylvanas wants to depopulate Silvermoon City.
    Yea, Lorthemar isn't best friends with Sylvanas, she wants to have a closer relationship with him, either for stronger unity or a desperate attempt to stay connected to her elven heritage. But its not "ima kill every blood elf the moment I have the chance"
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    People play Orc for the racial? Is that what you're getting at?
    That's exactly what I'm saying, many top end Horde players play Orc and Troll alike, solely for their DPS CD racial.

When the last bit of fun Darkspear Troll content added was the starting area #blizzcares

I just think blizzard is running out of ideas or cant implement them for one reason or another.

Yea, Lorthemar isn't best friends with Sylvanas, she wants to have a closer relationship with him, either for stronger unity or a desperate attempt to stay connected to her elven heritage. But its not "ima kill every blood elf the moment I have the chance"
    That certainly wasn't the case pre-Cataclysm, and I'm not sure what the source is of it being the case now, but I imagine she's more inclined to gain Lor'themar's trust over his reluctant obedience given her new position. Again, still not justifying there's any reason to assume she wants to depopulate Silvermoon City.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    When the last bit of fun Darkspear Troll content added was the starting area #blizzcares
    Hey, at least they got to defend their home and retake Razor Hill. And then proceeded to be demoted to the role of cannon fodder to a giant scorpion for the duration of the actual siege that they started.

10+ Year Old Account
    That certainly wasn't the case pre-Cataclysm, and I'm not sure what the source is of it being the case now, but I imagine she's more inclined to gain Lor'themar's trust over his reluctant obedience given her new position. Again, still not justifying there's any reason to assume she wants to depopulate Silvermoon City.
    Warcrimes book.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Trolls have no leader.
    Baine is doing nothing when he should have been in Highmountain.
    Gallywix got a new model but has done nothing.
    Saurfang was quietly made leader of the Orcs.
    Lor'themar is doing nothing when he should have had a presence in the Suramar campaign/raid.
    The Horde is now The Forsaken and friends, stuck following the crazy banshee because the spirits apparently told Vol'jin.
    No Horde character beyond Sylvannas is doing anything.
    Alliance has Anduin, Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen, Genn, and Khadgar front center stage. (You can say some of them are neutral now, but everybody knows they're alliance heroes.)

Does Blizz plan to balance out the soup sooner or later or is the Horde just a stool for Sylvannas to stand on for now on?

inb4 "Horde players are Salty", I'm Alliance.
    Sylvanas is a sexy leader she's just got anger management issues like jaina does too so yeah but overall i love their characters.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Sylvanas is a sexy leader she's just got anger management issues like jaina does too so yeah but overall i love their characters.
    lol

Lol.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    lol

Lol.
    Nothing a good ol'group therapy couldn't fix, eh ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Bring back warcraft 3 Thrall and resurrect Cairne Bloodhoof. Problem solved
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Lor'themar is doing nothing when he should have had a presence in the Suramar campaign/raid.
    I thought he didn't like politics...?
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Khadgar isn't neutral. He's an Alliance lore figure willing to work with the Horde for the greater good and because he has a brain. Dalaran is still an Alliance city, and Horde is allowed back only to help pushing back the Legion.
    Same can be told about Malfurion, Tyrande and Velen.
    Like Dalaran Will ever go back to being an Alliance only city. It's neutral from now until forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    a sexy leader
    Well boys, that's all we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Like Dalaran Will ever go back to being an Alliance only city. It's neutral from now until forever.
    Game-wise that doesn't really matter. There are like 2 Dalarans at the moment, one tied to WotLK and another to Legion.

That city is not really a city. It's a gigantic and convenient plot device Blizzard thought well to abuse all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Why are we still here ? Just to suffer ?
    Every night, i can feel my lore relevance, my horde characters, even vol'jin.
    The plots i lost, the lore figures i lost won't stop hurting its like the all still there.
    You feel it too, don't you ?
    Im gonna make them give back our horde.