Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    I dont get blood of sargaeras anywhere near as fast as you guys (who raid),
    You don't get bloods from raiding, and especially not from mythic+.

Farming bloods for a raider is exactly the same chore as it is for a pvper, you need to do trivial meaningless shit to get them like:
    - gathering professions
    - world quests
    - farming mobs with shoulder enchant
    - heroic dungeons
    - mythic0 (non-keystone) dungeons

None of which is either challenging or exciting.

The token is 230k on EU. Buying bunch of tokens for cash is so cheap I really cba spending 5 minutes farming gold in this game when I can just wave my wallet at it and focus on stuff I actually enjoy in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The token is 230k on EU. Buying bunch of tokens for cash is so cheap I really cba spending 5 minutes farming gold in this game when I can just wave my wallet at it and focus on stuff I actually enjoy in the game.
    not everyone is super rich though, so while thats good for you, for alot of us its a big issue
    Hi

Wow, that's a lot of effort you are describing there OP. And considering a 20 Euro token sells for 230k gold, your way has a pretty horrible time investment / gold ratio. Don't get me wrong, I don't sell tokens, but seeing the amount of hours you propose to put into making in gold what amounts to very little in dollars or euro, it feels like a horrible waste of time.
    I understood it in WoD, when any alt you made started making gold after a few weeks, just passively by investing 3 minutes per day, per character, but this? No way is it worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    I understood it in WoD, when any alt you made started making gold after a few weeks, just passively by investing 3 minutes per day, per character, but this?
    So exactly like in Legion?, as i have already said a lot of times i am doing exactly that with 25 chars, they hardly move from their class halls, and when they do they go to dalaran looking for a mail for sending resources to another char.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Order Hall Gold Farming has been an extremely easy and lucrative gold making strategy over the course of the expansion so far.

Right now, I make easily 70-100k per week just by doing gold order hall missions on all my alts. It has taken some effort and time to build it up just like it did in WoD, but the effort and time to build it up has only been constrained by getting alts to max level and building up your follower army.

What kind of time will I be investing for this method?

The time constraints are thus for this gold making method:

• Before 110) Level your alt from 100 to 110 completing all the order hall missions along the way. (10-20 hours depending on your leveling speed / heirlooms)
    • After 110) Complete the order hall base campaign (2-3 hours but spread over a day or two to do the follower missions)
    • After 110) Complete the broken shore order hall campaign to get the additional follower (30 mins - 2 hours, again depending on speed)
    • After 110) Farm order hall resources and upgrade your order hall with talents that increase mission success chance of followers and minnions
    • After 110) Continually send followers out on missions all the time to level them up and increase their item level. (this takes the most time and can be done over the course of about a month or two)
    • After 110) Do a 30 min - 1 hour weekly farm of 3 emissary chests (12 world quests) focusing on order hall resource quests as the quest credit toward those emissary chests. (equip your bodyguard follower with order hall resource items to give you even more OH resources)

So I invested the time to get my alts to 110, what now?

If you have 1 main and 11 alts (12 chars total), and you do this, yes I get that there is a time sink, but after building up your followers item level to 850 (at minimum) and putting success chance items on them and bringing them up to the base epic quality (allowing you to put two items on them), you will start to see 500-700 gold base missions with a 1,500 gold bonus.

This has taken me several months of the expansion mainly because my focus has been just playing and having a good time in the expansion so far, but slowly I have built up my alt collection as well as my follower army.

Getting your followers ilvl to at minimum of 850 as well as upgrading their quality and giving them mission success items will ensure that on almost every alt, if not all your characters, you will be able to get 200% mission success chance on those gold missions.

On average ive been getting at least 1 gold mission with the 1,500 bonus every day on every alt. So on average im making over 2k a day per character. So thats at LEAST 24k a day if I am consistent with sending all followers out on gold missions at least once per day. Now granted, i don't always get 1,500 gold bonus missions popping up every day so i'm not making 24k a day, but by weeks end, i will have usually sent out per character 3-4 gold missions with 200% chance. Thus, im making 70-100k per week just on follower missions alone.

Farming Order Resources

I do the 3 emissary chest weekly farm per character to just make sure my order resources are replenished each week, and usually thats overkill for how much you need, but it also helps to send other followers out on missions to gain exp and epic quality. It usually takes me 30-45 mins to farm 3 emissary chests per char, and since im doing it once per week, that equates to 360 mins (or 6 hours) to 540 minutes (or 9 hours) of farming each week. And even then, because I've got all my characters in a good place in terms of order resources, and their followers are all pretty much at that 850 ilvl and epic quality, i now spend only about 2-4 hours a week doing order resource farming.

Essentially as time goes on and your followers get geared up, and their quality increases, and your capacity to farm order resources efficiently increases, the time required to do this method goes down significantly.

Will this gold making method be nerfed?

I don't think the gold from these missions will be reduced or nerfed any time soon because unlike in WoD, you actually have to do something (farm order resources) to send your followers out on missions. In WoD you could get garrison resources from just sending followers on missions (which in my opinion was dumb because it meant you had unlimited resources to send followers out which defeats the point of having resources to spend in the first place).

This is not to say that this method WON'T EVER be nerfed, because knowing Blizzard's track record, they very well might nerf it. But because there are so many other ways to farm gold which will give you equivalent gold, they will probably not nerf it any time soon. I think once many many players start farming gold this way, they might then hit it with the nerf bat. At the very soonest they might apply nerfs during 7.3, but I still don't think they will do that until 7.4 or the 8.0 pre-expansion patch.

Can't I spend my time elsewhere and get better gold returns?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: If your only goal in playing this game is to farm gold, and or make gold by gaming the AH, or other means, then yes there are certainly more efficient ways of farming gold.

Now you could fairly ask, why spend 6-9 hours per week farming order resources to make a messily 70-100k per week when I could farm ore or herbs and easily make that in the same or less amount of time? Well, not only do I get order resources from farming 3 emissary chests on each character per week, but also the emissary chests contain gold, curious coins, gear (which i sell for gold or disenchant to make even more gold), AP, and legendary items. So for me, the cost of time farming emissary chests far outweighs the benefit of farming straight herbs or ore.

Conclusion

This gold making method is not for everyone. There are pros and cons. For me and my style of play, the pros outweigh the cons. I still make gold in many other ways including selling raw mats, flasks, potions, food, crafted gear, playing the AH, questing, etc. However I also like to keep my alts relatively geared, and I like doing the world quests to get emissary chests. That is fun to me. I like the chance to get legendary items on my alts. I like the ability to eventually farm enough rep to get faction chests to get the rare mounts over time. The gold is just a nice side bonus that keeps on giving no matter what i'm doing in game.

Plus you have the added bonus of being able to farm follower missions outside the game via the Legion Companion App.

Hope you all liked my guide.
    A helpful post from Jaylock?

*checks the temperature in hell*
    *checks the sky for pigs*

Joking a side, this is by far the most relevant, helpful, and informative post you have ever written. Ever. Period. A+, 100%, 5 stars, 2 thumbs, much wow, many thanks, so money!

How many characters do you have a 110? For the purpose of this guide?

How often are you able to complete the gold quest at 200% for +1500 gold? I wanna say on my main I am limited to 1-2 a week. What are you doing differently?

I just finished the order hall campaign on my 3rd character and I have 4 at 110 with campaigns to complete.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-06-26 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    A helpful post from Jaylock?

*checks the temperature in hell*
    *checks the sky for pigs*

Joking a side, this is by far the most relevant, helpful, and informative post you have ever written. Ever. Period. A+, 100%, 5 stars, 2 thumbs, much wow, many thanks, so money!

How many characters do you have a 110? For the purpose of this guide?

How often are you able to complete the gold quest at 200% for +1500 gold? I wanna say on my main I am limited to 1-2 a week. What are you doing differently?

I just finished the order hall campaign on my 3rd character and I have 4 at 110 with campaigns to complete.
    I have 12 level 110 characters on the main realm i play on. 2 of them have the followers all built up to ilvl 900 epic quality. The other 10 have several of them at 850 ilvl and several epic quality, but not all of them are fully there yet.

I just started focusing on getting all my alts' order hall champions leveled and geared to at least 850 (which is when the 1500 bonus gold missions start appearing) last month. So I have really only been focusing on this gold strategy for about a month now. I casually leveled all 12 of my characters on my main realm over the course of the expansion so far.

Usually there are at least 1 gold mission per character per day that has 850 ilvl champions in their order halls. Now, I don't send them out unless the mission is 180%+ success rate, and that rate goes up as you gear up your champions. So right now, on average im making about 50-75k per week sending champions out on these gold missions.

Again, if you get your order halls and champions in pristine condition (meaning they are all at least ilvl 850 and epic quality with success chance items in their two slots) you can get a 200% gold mission almost each day on each alt. Each mission that has 1500 as a bonus averages out to about 2k gold. So in a perfect scenario, if you had all 12 characters have at least 1 of these missions per day that you could 200% complete each day, you would get:

2k(gold) x 12(characters) x 7(days) = 168k gold.

So again, you wont get those bonus gold missions every day, on every alt, but they seem to pop up almost once per day. I expect when I am fully epic'd up on my champions on every character with success chance items in each slot, i fully expect to be making 100k gold a week. Just gotta move order resources around or farm them once a week or once every 2 weeks on each character to make sure you have enough to send your champions out every day (about 150 - 200 order resources per gold mission)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Sure for one character. Go do that on several and get back to me. Also using meatball as a bodyguard is pretty dumb. it's the most overpowered champion for doing missions and should be used for that.
    I don't have any issue having 3-4 200% missions out at a time, plus using Meatball for WQs (and sending him out when I'm not). Perhaps you should l2p, instead of calling something dumb?

Yes, the 20 minutes it takes to stock up on OR for the week is terrible. I feel for you.

You want to act like an ass, that's how you'll get treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    So exactly like in Legion?, as i have already said a lot of times i am doing exactly that with 25 chars, they hardly move from their class halls, and when they do they go to dalaran looking for a mail for sending resources to another char.
    But you had to put a LOT of effort into those chars before they could do that. You also need to farm resources on each. None of that was required in WoD. Don't get me wrong, the WoD way was terrible for the gold economy, but at least it was a little justified in terms of time investment versus gold gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    But you had to put a LOT of effort into those chars before they could do that. You also need to farm resources on each. None of that was required in WoD. Don't get me wrong, the WoD way was terrible for the gold economy, but at least it was a little justified in terms of time investment versus gold gain.
    I do not have to farm resources, there is a class hall tier that allows you to autocomplete WQ from your class hall, meaning each day i get 600-1000 resources by doing nothing, or 2-8 bloods.
    The bloods are used to buy caches to fuel the chars that do not have that choice in their class hall, so none of them has to farm resources.
    As i said in another thread i did level all those 25 chars from 100 to 110 since november 2016 until march 2017, class hall campaigns included, playing 2 hours per day except on weekends, i only played my main on weekends.
    Leveling chars through one expansion is less and less demanding each expansion.
    Playing alts it is a sure bet for making gold in wow, in current and future expansions, i do not see Garrison/Class hall gold missions disappearing from the game in future expansions.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-06-27 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I do not have to farm resources, there is a class hall tier that allows you to autocomplete WQ from your class hall, meaning each day i get 600-1000 resources by doing nothing, or 2-8 bloods.
    The bloods are used to buy caches to fuel the chars that do not have that choice in their class hall, so none of them has to farm resources.
    As i said in another thread i did level all those 25 chars from 100 to 110 since november 2016 until march 2017, class hall campaigns included, playing 2 hours per day except on weekends, i only played my main on weekends.
    Leveling chars through one expansion is less and less demanding each expansion.
    Playing alts it is a sure bet for making gold in wow, in current and future expansions, i do not see Garrison/Class hall gold missions disappearing from the game in future expansions.
    Oh, I did not realise the possibility of making resources without going out to the world.

Touché!