Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    we have a fund for improving things like infrastructure and other projects
    Who is we?
    Greece?
    Greek politicans who will then claim all benefits were their doing?
    I do not trust them and I do not want their name on the paychecks when it isn't their money nor their tax payer's money.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I'd rather the EU created some investment projects to create jobs and improve infrastructure for now instead of giving the money to Greek politicans to spend at their leisure.
    Thing is the money isn't even going to Greek politicians. It goes from German/French Tax payers straight to the banks that hold the Greek debts. This is why there is some animosity between few Greeks and Germans. Greeks see on news "money goes through." yet don't see any of it. Germans see the money is gone and wonder why the Greeks are still upset.

The money should go into investing and then the money made through work and taxation from said investment used to pay off the debts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Thing is the money isn't even going to Greek politicians. It goes from German/French Tax payers straight to the banks that hold the Greek debts. This is why there is some animosity between few Greeks and Germans. Greeks see on news "money goes through." yet don't see any of it. Germans see the money is gone and wonder why the Greeks are still upset.

The money should go into investing and then the money made through work and taxation from said investment used to pay off the debts.
    Basically, what Portugal did.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    And think about the political consequences about debt forgiveness with no strings attached because that is in essence you're suggestion by asking for debt forgiveness so they can invest instead of reform. Also I don't like things like ''tax payer money'' but in this case if we did what you suggest nobody would ever get financial assistance and even the current system of net contributor could be questioned.

Also the brext/anti eu crowd are important in the sense that they are still voters and you don't want to give them arguments in regards to countries like greece.

But that;s enough talking offtip since this is about the UK.
    You are still assuming I want full debt forgiveness, I don't. The suggestion by virtually every economist is that the debt should be cut so that Greece can afford to pay its interests and attract investors. Because the way it's going Greece is on risk of defaulting every couple of years.

They think it's all over. It is now.

Wonder how that will fit with Corbyns latest plans.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

Yay! Great! We're in negotiations that will make the country poorer and now we're giving more money to NI to prop up Theresa May's government after she messed up the general election! I guess there is a magic money tree after all.

You do realise that your first point does not make your second impossible?

Deleted

well we will see how the brexit negotiations pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Want to explain how?

She has enough of a majority to vote down any no-confidence vote now from other parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tories opposed to spending public money, unless it's throwing £1 billion away to keep themselves in power.

Want to explain how?

She has enough of a majority to vote down any no-confidence vote now from other parties.
    Because the Tory party is a united front whose MPs will all be present for every single vote and do exactly as May tells them and of course absolutely none of them want to see the back of her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Tories opposed to spending public money, unless it's throwing £1 billion away to keep themselves in power.
    But... but... this is different....

Because the Tory party is a united front whose MPs will all be present for every single vote and do exactly as May tells them and of course absolutely none of them want to see the back of her.
    Yeah beccause they're going to vote against her and risk their jobs on it.

They'll keep may in then replace later if needed.

Deleted
    Want to explain how?

yes, but most government's do not fall to no-confidence motions, they fall because they can't get some key piece of legislation through.
    May has three (or four) different brexit camps to keep calm, the Tory arch brexiteers, and Tory remainers, and (hopefully some Tory realists) then the DUP, who don't like the EU, but also know that if they voted for a hard border with Ireland, that would restart the troubles (and everyone would blame them).
    Those three camps can't all be kept happy.

Yeah beccause they're going to vote against her and risk their jobs on it.

They'll keep may in then replace later if needed.
    What? Why would they lose their jobs? Many MPs are in safe seats they will not lose their jobs. But I am glad to see that you advocate our politicians being more concerned about their employment status than doing what is right by the country - principles be damned! I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at this since you seem happy that we throwing money at a bunch of homophobes in order to allow May to cling to power.

The only reasons they are keeping May at the moment is because even the hard line leavers realise that Brexit is going to a shit show, and none of them want to be holding the can when it goes tits up, and replacing her would lead to another election that they more than likely would lose. I guess we should all be grateful that the Cons will knife May in the back once she has taken the fall?!?

Deleted
    Ah, the tories are paying for Democracy again.

100 million per MP. Disgusting. Anything to cling onto power eh?

Magic money tree and all that.

10+ Year Old Account

Wow, that is disgusting. What a grotty little deal. 10 Mps have manage to cajole £1billion pounds of much needed money so May can keep her grubby hands on power.

Even the most ardent Tory voter must see the disgraceful act that this is?

Lets face it though, Corbyn called Hamas his friends so who cares what May does.

The magic money tree.

- - - Updated - - -

Want to explain how?

You do realise that even when they had aclear Majority they still lost votes right? You do realise that? The more I read from you the more naive you come accross.

They lost 3 times in the house of commons when David had a full majority and "]they lost 60 times in the house of lords just last year[/URL], 60 times...and you think she can just swan about because she has a majority of 2...PMSL

Tell me, how many of the 27 dissenters on the Sunday trading vote were fired? None, because you don't fire elected officials just because they don't tow the party line, you can reshuffle them of course, but they don't lose their jobs.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-06-26 at 12:42 PM.

Money well spent if it keeps Corbyn and his merry band of lunatics out of Downing Street.

The country doesn't need a Great Leap Forward to Collectivist Utopia or whatever it is that the young seem to have been hoodwinked into believing that he will deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay! Great! We're in negotiations that will make the country poorer and now we're giving more money to NI to prop up Theresa May's government after she messed up the general election! I guess there is a magic money tree after all.

Indeed, Phony May has suddenly found the magic money tree to bribe a bunch of homophobic wackos to cling onto power.

So the class warfare policy agenda is Tory austerity for the poor, tax cuts for the rich, as always, but now add on top of that a spending splurge for the DUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Money well spent if it means keeping Corbyn out of No. 10

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    In possible violation of the Good Friday Agreements rigorous impartiality clause.
    Yep.

A lawsuit is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You do realise that even when they had aclear Majority they still lost votes right? You do realise that? The more I read from you the more naive you come accross.

They lost 3 times in the house of commons when David had a full majority and "]they lost 60 times in the house of lords just last year[/URL], 60 times...and you think she can just swan about because she has a majority of 2...PMSL
    Ooh personal attacks, that's a good way to win an argument You should call me racist too, then I won't be able to dispute your argument at all.

It doesn't matter that she lost votes. It doesn't matter that there are dissenters on individual votes. These open up more debate in parliament so can only be a good thing.

What DOES matter is that she has enough people to make a "Majority". Maybe not a majority issue by issue if a lot disagree with her, but a majority to get through a parliament. A majority of 2 is still a majority, when you're voting in your parliament. That's all she needs to keep holding on to power until 2022. "PMSL".

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Wow, that is disgusting. What a grotty little deal. 10 Mps have manage to cajole £1billion pounds of much needed money so May can keep her grubby hands on power.

Even the most ardent Tory voter must see the disgraceful act that this is?

Lets face it though, Corbyn called Hamas his friends so who cares what May does.

The magic money tree.
    While I'm against a DUP collaboration, NI is by FAR going to be the most impacted and hurt by Brexit negotiations, no matter what deal is made, so I'm not against it getting a bit of extra funding if it's passed on to the people.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Indeed, Phony May has suddenly found the magic money tree to bribe a bunch of homophobic wackos to cling onto power.
    Funny that all the Labour supporters will admit to the "magic money tree" now that the Tories are pruning it