Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    If being forum banned and having your post deleted isn't answer enough....
    Yeah it's a great answer for people who think they can ignore forum rules and do whatever they want.

This isn't like being silenced in a dictatorship regime.

Quote Originally Posted by nuMbxx View Post
    Begging for the developers after a year of confusion and putting it off to make a statement on Classic servers.
    What you meant to say was "Even though Blizz has made numerous statements about this, they haven't said an answer that I wanted to hear". There's nothing to be confused about, they don't want to do it.

don't necro vanilla threads and do not make new ones.

kek
    hit & run posting lol

Deleted

They have stated multiple times, its not going to happen. Pretty glad that they are going down the route of banning people who keep asking this.

They have made a FINAL statement years ago that Vanilla servers are NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, PERIOD.

Are you mentally challenged? Can't you read and comprehend English?

Deleted
    The game has evolved and moved on, you should too.

People loved the Lamborghini Diablo, I don't see it ever being put back in production though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    came here to say this, its been addressed and also gets addressed every year at blizzcon as someone seems to always asks them....
    They actually made a statement regarding Pristine Realms wwere in discussions/in the works, then said they wouldn't address at Blizzcon due to Legion focus.

I am totally against classic/moving backwards, but considering they mentioned pristine they've been awfully quiet since.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    They actually made a statement regarding Pristine Realms wwere in discussions/in the works, then said they wouldn't address at Blizzcon due to Legion focus.

I am totally against classic/moving backwards, but considering they mentioned pristine they've been awfully quiet since.
    Probably because the response from the Classic server crew towards "Pristine" servers was overwhelmingly negative.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I hope they banned you for life.
    This.

If they told you not to keep posting about something they have already answered time and time again, but then you keep doing it, you deserve the ban.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Probably because the response from the Classic server crew towards "Pristine" servers was overwhelmingly negative.
    This is true, but they have just forgotten about it, my point is that the op's desire to get a response isn't totally unjustified, they mentioned Pristine was a "meet you in the middle" solution then they've gone totally silent.

This is true, but they have just forgotten about it, my point is that the op's desire to get a response isn't totally unjustified, they mentioned Pristine was a "meet you in the middle" solution then they've gone totally silent.
    I don't think they forgot about it, I think the community very vocally shit all over the idea and then they said "well fuck that" and went back to not giving a shit.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I was banned for life from the forums for calling a person wishing I would be murdered a slug.

Granted I did have the most downvoted account in history and was known as a trouble maker so I am not really all that sore. I would of wanted me banned from the forums if I was blizzard as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I was banned for life from the forums for calling a person wishing I would be murdered a slug.

Granted I did have the most downvoted account in history and was known as a trouble maker so I am not really all that sore. I would of wanted me banned from the forums if I was blizzard as well.
    I mean go hard or go home. If you're gunna get banned from Blizzard forums at least make it memorable. Don't sizzle out like a fart in a wind tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I mean go hard or go home. If you're gunna get banned from Blizzard forums at least make it memorable. Don't sizzle out like a fart in a wind tunnel.
    meh will live with a thread that had just shy of 4k downvotes.

Worst part was my crime was simply offering helpful feedback.

i don't think pristine would equal classic though, not in the sense its "wanted"
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Begging for the developers after a year of confusion and putting it off to make a statement on Classic servers.

I said in the post that I loved WoW and that the community after so long that is so in conflict with itself and arguing with each other over this needs an answer.

Apparently, they need to silence people such as me because I received a post delete and forum ban... This needs to be heard and people need to make a ruckus over stuff like this.

Even if you hate the concept of classic servers/vanilla wow servers, you shouldn't allow the Blizzard employee's to silence community questions about things they have said and then put off and chosen to ignore or not tell us. This is unacceptable from a company that takes millions of our dollars each month.

This isn't an issue of who's side your on, it's an issue of respect and business ethics at this point...
    Isn't it more likely that you spammed about this over and over and the mods simply got tired?
    There is a thread about these servers, go post in that.

It's still not likely that Blizzard would make enough money for it to be worth spending resources on. You're wasting your time.

10+ Year Old Account

I said in the post that I loved WoW and that the community after so long that is so in conflict with itself and arguing with each other over this needs an answer.

Apparently, they need to silence people such as me because I received a post delete and forum ban... This needs to be heard and people need to make a ruckus over stuff like this.

Even if you hate the concept of classic servers/vanilla wow servers, you shouldn't allow the Blizzard employee's to silence community questions about things they have said and then put off and chosen to ignore or not tell us. This is unacceptable from a company that takes millions of our dollars each month.

This isn't an issue of who's side your on, it's an issue of respect and business ethics at this point...
    There is a common error that most people come to in these types of conclusions. Blizzard is not a government entity. You do not pay taxes to them, they don't work for you, and you certainly don't influence their business decisions by how much "ruckus" you make.

Blizzard has NEVER promised anything regarding vanilla/classic/legacy servers. They mentioned in passing that they were talking internally about it, and what that might look like. You think it will be successful, you think it will be profitable. Unfortunately there is information that you are just flat out not privy too. You and your kin draw false conclusions based on incomplete and inaccurate data.

Also don't confuse "the customer is always right" (they aren't) style customer service with business ethics, just because you aren't getting what you want, doesn't mean that Blizzard is behaving unethically. Just off the top of my head I could cite 2 times in WoW's history where they did purposely seek to deceive, or cover their ass after delivering incorrect information. This is definitely not one of the 2.

Silencing you on the forums is no different than calling the police one of these wonderful people:

You are being rude, belligerent, loud, aggressive, disruptive, and they have every right and are within the scope of ethical treatment, to prevent you from doing so.

Blizzard isn't so unreasonable as to give a ban with no warning. So likely this isn't your first offense. You should definitely escalate it though. I'd love to see your face in one of these vids. "WoW player gets tasered by security for trying to sneak on campus". You know what you SHOULD do. Organize a protest. If there are sooooo many of you die hard vanilla fans out there. Link arms and block the entrance to Blizzcon. #occupyblizzcon

7+ Year Old Account

Ifeelyouman,

But I did the same as you, made controversial posts, or even constructive criticism of the state of Warcraft, and the threads were either locked, removed completely, and at worst times I was completely banned until I got a perma forum ban. This has happened over the last few years more than before and that's why I'm on these forums more than anything. I mean don't get me wrong, moderators here aren't completely unbias, some will close your threads down cause they don't agree with your opinions and justifie It In some other way, we're all human after all.

But Blizzard's moderators are just shutting down criticism and opinions on their games as of late a lot, so you are right this should be told and people should hear this.

I play on the certain unnamed WoW Vanilla private server myself, winknudgepmmeforname. And I'm having a blast, and I'm a player whose played ever since Vanilla WoW, 12 years ago and I remembered why I enjoyed It so much, the challenge that Is gone now In retail WoW, the usefulness of proffesions, grouping up actually talking to people beyond "Link achivement to prove you're worthy" crap. To be fair, Vanilla had MANY faults, and many were fixed In TBC and even Wrath but then Cataclysm took a giant dump on that and said "Just forget about Vanilla guys!"... urhrhr..

I could go on and on but yeah, especially on the topic of classic servers they're very edgy, especially as they know they didn't fulfil their promises they should've had at Blizzcon, and a certain group took action while another didn't and from what we can tell got bought off by Blizzard and now support Blizzard Instead of the Classic server Idea.

But yeah, whatever the subject at hand, It's an Issue of business malpractice, silencing criticism and respect towards your fans and what they want, cause honestly they haven't listened to their fans on what we want on WoW since like... Cataclysm ish.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    But I did the same as you, made controversial posts, or even constructive criticism of the state of Warcraft, and the threads were either locked, removed completely, and at worst times I was completely banned until I got a perma forum ban.
    Totally had NOTHING to do with the fact that you stalked someone in game, got banned for it in game made up stories about your 'brother' doing it and then proceeded to stalk and harass Blizz about your account until they levied a final warning on you that you'll have every Blizz game perma locked on your account. I mean the proof is in your post history in the threads you started. Stop coming up with new ways to spin the same bullshit. You deserved every ban you got and you honestly deserve even more for the shit you've done.