Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nuMbxx View Post
    Begging for the developers after a year of confusion and putting it off to make a statement on Classic servers.

I said in the post that I loved WoW and that the community after so long that is so in conflict with itself and arguing with each other over this needs an answer.

Apparently, they need to silence people such as me because I received a post delete and forum ban... This needs to be heard and people need to make a ruckus over stuff like this.

Even if you hate the concept of classic servers/vanilla wow servers, you shouldn't allow the Blizzard employee's to silence community questions about things they have said and then put off and chosen to ignore or not tell us. This is unacceptable from a company that takes millions of our dollars each month.

This isn't an issue of who's side your on, it's an issue of respect and business ethics at this point...
    The Classic server concept only ever got hyped up, still by a vocal minority, due to WoD being so bad. There's no reason for them to tolerate or entertain the tiny TINY vocal minority still pining for that crap.

Their forum, their rules. Classic server threads were spammed for a long time, people lost patience. Blizzard's only doing what the MAJORITY wants, which is to not have people stuck in the past spam their whinging over and over and over.

Want to play content from 2004 over and over for eternity because you're constantly challenged by it and it always makes you feel as though you're new to the game? Private servers will be your only route. Blizzard has made their stance clear on the subject. As they should.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-26 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Ifeelyouman,

But I did the same as you, made controversial posts, or even constructive criticism of the state of Warcraft, and the threads were either locked, removed completely, and at worst times I was completely banned until I got a perma forum ban. This has happened over the last few years more than before and that's why I'm on these forums more than anything. I mean don't get me wrong, moderators here aren't completely unbias, some will close your threads down cause they don't agree with your opinions and justifie It In some other way, we're all human after all.

But Blizzard's moderators are just shutting down criticism and opinions on their games as of late a lot, so you are right this should be told and people should hear this.

I play on the certain unnamed WoW Vanilla private server myself, winknudgepmmeforname. And I'm having a blast, and I'm a player whose played ever since Vanilla WoW, 12 years ago and I remembered why I enjoyed It so much, the challenge that Is gone now In retail WoW, the usefulness of proffesions, grouping up actually talking to people beyond "Link achivement to prove you're worthy" crap. To be fair, Vanilla had MANY faults, and many were fixed In TBC and even Wrath but then Cataclysm took a giant dump on that and said "Just forget about Vanilla guys!"... urhrhr..

I could go on and on but yeah, especially on the topic of classic servers they're very edgy, especially as they know they didn't fulfil their promises they should've had at Blizzcon, and a certain group took action while another didn't and from what we can tell got bought off by Blizzard and now support Blizzard Instead of the Classic server Idea.

But yeah, whatever the subject at hand, It's an Issue of business malpractice, silencing criticism and respect towards your fans and what they want, cause honestly they haven't listened to their fans on what we want on WoW since like... Cataclysm ish.
    You again. You fucked up. You won't own up to it and you deserve all the punishment you've gotten.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I'm very sad to hear you got silenced by the Blizzard overlords. We all know that they're trying to sweep it under the rug, the fact that a lot more players than some people would let you believe really want classic servers.

It's a classic move by authoritarian governments to silence opinions that contradict their oppression by minimizing the issue and telling others that a "minority" is causing trouble. It's a tactic that tries to make you feel alone in your belief. The same can be said about classic servers, there are millions of players world wide eager to play classic vanilla WoW from Blizzard and we all know it.

It comes to the people to speak out and keep talking about it, it's the only way to break free of the silence tactics employed by Blizzard and a few trolls that populate the forums ( including this one )

Begging for the developers after a year of confusion and putting it off to make a statement on Classic servers.

I said in the post that I loved WoW and that the community after so long that is so in conflict with itself and arguing with each other over this needs an answer.

Apparently, they need to silence people such as me because I received a post delete and forum ban... This needs to be heard and people need to make a ruckus over stuff like this.

Even if you hate the concept of classic servers/vanilla wow servers, you shouldn't allow the Blizzard employee's to silence community questions about things they have said and then put off and chosen to ignore or not tell us. This is unacceptable from a company that takes millions of our dollars each month.

This isn't an issue of who's side your on, it's an issue of respect and business ethics at this point...
    You got banned because you created a duplicate thread.

There is literally a blue post/sticky on the top of the official General Discussion forums for you to post in: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749678358

That thread is still active. You should have posted there.

again these classic nerds with their *dream* about vanila.

tired to see this shit here.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

So, a few questions come to mind.

- What exactly did you say in the thread?
    - How many times did you receive infractions / warnings in the past?
    - Do you understand that creating duplicate threads is explicitly listed in their code of conduct?
    - How many times did you post such threads, and do you understand that spamming is explicitly listed in their code of conduct?
    - Do you understand that the forums are offered as a service? They don't have any obligation to provide a soap box for you.

You might want to check out their conduct page as I suspect you may not be aware of the rules - http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

Now, to my understanding, you should have received notice regarding why you were banned. Care to share that particular piece of information with everyone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It's a classic move by authoritarian governments to silence opinions that contradict their oppression by minimizing the issue and telling others that a "minority" is causing trouble. It's a tactic that tries to make you feel alone in your belief. The same can be said about classic servers, there are millions of players world wide eager to play classic vanilla WoW from Blizzard and we all know it.
    ..Except Blizzard doesn't govern us. In fact, being a capitalist company is about as far from a dictatorship as it can get. If you wanna make your voice heard do it with your wallet, not breaking the rules on the forums.

Oh boy the my brother got me banned guy is here too, this is shaping up to be a great thread!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm very sad to hear you got silenced by the Blizzard overlords. We all know that they're trying to sweep it under the rug, the fact that a lot more players than some people would let you believe really want classic servers.

It comes to the people to speak out and keep talking about it, it's the only way to break free of the silence tactics employed by Blizzard and a few trolls that populate the forums ( including this one )
    Excuse me, I think you dropped this tinfoil hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    ..Except Blizzard doesn't govern us. In fact, being a capitalist company is about as far from a dictatorship as it can get. If you wanna make your voice heard do it with your wallet, not breaking the rules on the forums.
    Yes because NOT VOTING was always the best way to not vote for the dictator

Deleted
    there is your statement

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Excuse me, I think you dropped this tinfoil hat.
    Nowadays the safest is to wrap your entire room in tinfoil. Tinfoil hats aren't enough.

They have better things to commit resources to than peoples nostalgia/rose-tinted glasses about vanilla wow. When the first 10 people started threads on vanilla servers, it was an interesting topic. when the next 10000 did, it became an annoyance, especially since they have already discussed about it out the ying yang.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have threads open about classic servers. We don't need to have any more, and quite honestly, whatever business you have with the moderators of Blizzard's forums isn't really anything that a thread here is going to resolve. Anyway, classic server discussion can be found elsewhere in this forum. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."