Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Now Sony's Being Silly About Cross-Platform Play (The Jimquisition)

TLDW:
    In short. Sony is being odd with how it wants to handle cross play. Even Nintendo is being open to cross platform play. Sony may be doing this because you need an Xbox Live account to play Minecraft even on the Switch (and thus the PS4). Cross play across platforms is a general good idea anyway. All Rocket league's devs say they need is Sony to agree to do it. Sony has not really given decent reasons behind their stance against it. The only one they have given is that they need to protect the children, but... Nintendo is allowing Cross play.

Agreed. It's fucking Rocket League. Allowing it to cross play isn't going to hurt anyone.

Now if Sony and MS would get their shit together we might see FF14 on Xbox One in the future.

Sony's network is not some wonderful community that is immune to the problems others have with people.
    That excuse is utter rubbish.
    It is purely about them maintaining control, and having players locked into their ecosystem and therefore spending money with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Needing an Xbox Live account to play Minecraft is pretty shit tier though. Not defending Sony's stance, but Microsoft are being just as dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajna View Post
    Needing an Xbox Live account to play Minecraft is pretty shit tier though. Not defending Sony's stance, but Microsoft are being just as dumb.
    To be fair you need PS Plus to go online with Minecraft. Otherwise it's just single player mode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair you need PS Plus to go online with Minecraft. Otherwise it's just single player mode.
    Right but this is saying you'd also need a Microsoft Live account in conjunction with your Sony account to access Minecraft on your Playstation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajna View Post
    Right but this is saying you'd also need a Microsoft Live account in conjunction with your Sony account to access Minecraft on your Playstation.
    Yeah that's just plain moronic. Why would I pay 2 subs to play one game?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://heavy.com/games/2017/06/minec...tter-together/

In order to play with each other, you will need an Xbox Live account on whatever device you’re playing on, including the Nintendo Switch. You will not have to pay for Xbox Live Gold though, this will just be used as a way to unify all the accounts. We’re excited to see where this goes and if it’s successful, could we see more cross-play games in the future?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's just plain moronic. Why would I pay 2 subs to play one game?
    Needing a Live account doesn't necessarily mean you'd have to have a Gold account where you're paying a sub. It could just be an extra layer of account hoops to jump through, kinda like how you had to make and log in to a THQ account for Darksiders 2.

It just feels a bit slimier since Microsoft owns Minecraft *and* a competing console.

It's funny how fast some people forget.
    in 2013 Microsoft did this when they were beating the PS3.

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn isn't coming to Xbox due to Microsoft not allowing cross-platform play.
    now Sony does it and all you hear is crying...really?

Quote Originally Posted by crimz267 View Post
    It's funny how fast some people forget.
    in 2013 Microsoft did this when they were beating the PS3.

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn isn't coming to Xbox due to Microsoft not allowing cross-platform play.
    now Sony does it and all you hear is crying...really?
    Actually MS are starting to open up to it. If they allow it then Sony will more than likely be the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    This is what I assumed.

Xbox has 2 account options. Silver, or Gold. Silver allows you to download games and such. Gold allows you to interact online.

A silver account is all you should need for cross play on any platform that is not the Xbox.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Actually MS are starting to open up to it. If they allow it then Sony will more than likely be the problem.
    the point is this was back in 2013 Microsoft blocked it because they did not need Sony (Xbox was stomping the PS3).
    now that the PS4 is stomping the Xbox all of a sudden Microsoft is pushing it?
    where was this uproar in 2013?????

Quote Originally Posted by crimz267 View Post
    the point is this was back in 2013 Microsoft blocked it because they did not need Sony (Xbox was stomping the PS3).
    now that the PS4 is stomping the Xbox all of a sudden Microsoft is pushing it?
    where was this uproar in 2013?????
    There was a minor dust-up over it, but honestly there were bigger issues facing Microsoft when the Xbone was revealed and the lack of cross-platform support was minor compared to those concerns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Agreed. It's fucking Rocket League. Allowing it to cross play isn't going to hurt anyone.

Now if Sony and MS would get their shit together we might see FF14 on Xbox One in the future.
    That's not likely to happen, and you'd see it on the Switch way before you'd see it on the Xbox series. I say series, because there will be another god awful release of these consoles before that negotiation finishes.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Actually Sony has been open to it since the PS2 and was the first ones to do it this gen as well. Sony doesn't want to do it Microsoft's way (allowing for a opt out option) and I don't blame them.

The way Microsoft wants it done is why FFXIV isn't on the XB1. I normally like Jim's videoes but he should have drug into this more before making a video.

Also it hasn't been ruled out that PS4 won't Cross-Play with The Switch. As a matter of fact I do believe there is a Dragon Quest game it will CP with.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Sony doesn't like it cause then you wouldn't need to get a PS4.

When it comes to consoles, whoever is "king of the consoles" is the company that treats their players the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Sony doesn't like it cause then you wouldn't need to get a PS4.

When it comes to consoles, whoever is "king of the consoles" is the company that treats their players the worst.
    You didn't even read the topic at hand did you?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    That's not likely to happen, and you'd see it on the Switch way before you'd see it on the Xbox series. I say series, because there will be another god awful release of these consoles before that negotiation finishes.
    Switch version will never happen. They just got rid of PS3 if you are referring to FF14. Why bring in another major limiting factor?

Switch version will never happen. They just got rid of PS3 if you are referring to FF14. Why bring in another major limiting factor?
    Ya that RP statement Square Enix gave about FFXIV was them saying no in a nice way.