Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All these "alternative facts" and self righteous opinions. I'm pretty sure a lot of the responses are trolls and people who didn't do any research of their own since it's a lot of conflicting or misleading articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    The level of top kek coming out of me right now.

Lets see how fast this gets struck down in courts
    Why would it get struck down? All it is doing is not sending state gov trips or state gov funded trips to those states. It has no impact on if the people want to go on their own time and their own time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    If the truth is ineffective, then sure hoss!
    You have to look at all the words posted by a poster, then respond.

This isn't a mad libs.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Because banning people from traveling to a place is totally the same thing as banning people from using taxpayer money to travel to a place.

How are we on page 12 and still having people putting on dunce hats and typing this.
    I'll give you a hint: it starts with "G" and ends with "OP".

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Get a fucking sense of humor or at least pull that stick out your ass.

See above.
    lol good point. You know what, it is actually a good joke in certain contexts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Really? State employees don't require any training, seminars, conferences or certification courses that would be held in any of those states? That's odd, considering my department of 5 employees has attended various classes/training/seminars in just about every state. I find it implausible, bordering on laughable, that the 10s of 1000s of California state employees would have no legitimate reasons to travel to those states.
    I said many not that there are none. There are probably a few but not many. Ca is such a large state that there likely isnt very much training that cant be done within the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'll give you a hint: it starts with "G" and ends with "OP".

lol good point. You know what, it is actually a good joke in certain contexts.
    If you're making fun of the GOP, I'm all for it, as I view them just as much as a problem as the DNC

So, California introduces a Bill to limit government spending of Taxpayer money and Republicans have a problem with that?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Where's the joke at exactly? It's not even a clever comparison for humor sake.

- - - Updated - - -

That's like saying the government won't pay you to wipe your own ass and then arguing that the government banned you from wiping your own ass.

You don't see why that's a stupid argument?

There is no travel ban. It's a ban on funding the travel.
    So they are basically banning the travel by cutting off the funds, got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    They can still travel to Texas. They just can't use taxpayer money to do it.

Playing dumb does not make you look clever.
    So without the money they can't travel, essentially a ban. Thanks for Clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So without the money they can't travel, essentially a ban. Thanks for Clarifying.
    Not a ban. Nothing stopping them from going there using their own money. They just can't drum up an excuse to pass the expense of the trip to the taxpayer.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

If California seceded from the U.S. it has enough GDP and economic stability to do fine as a country of its own.

That's like saying the government won't pay you to wipe your own ass and then arguing that the government banned you from wiping your own ass.

You don't see why that's a stupid argument?
    It looks like the answer to Nexx's question is "no".
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    So, California introduces a Bill to limit government spending of Taxpayer money and Republicans have a problem with that?
    If California is involved any and all thought is thrown out as soon as they hear Cali-.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize that people who work for the government still earn a paycheck and can do whatever they want with that money, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If California seceded from the U.S. it has enough GDP and economic stability to do fine as a country of its own.
    If NY, Cali, and Texas all did that, they would be within the top 10 easily. Top 15 if Florida leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yeah, we know of you and your "Alternative facts" Bullshit. But I agree - though don't think of yourself as not being one of those "ideologues".

Oh, and three more things.
    1) California is actually rocking right now... especially after the Democrats took over from the disaster that was Governor Schwartzeneger. Now They're registering surpluses in budgets instead of constant pitfalls.

2) You really don't want California to leave the USA, you really REALLY don't! Most of the Tech industry and almost all of the Entertainment industry are contained within that state. What few tech companies Texas has pales in comparison to what the West Coast has.

3) I do not live in California. I'm in the central timezone :P

- - - Updated - - -

I can honestly say that I never, ever heard of a statewide shutdown or a state being crippling due to the local police not being able to attend a convention in another state on their state's budget. >.>

- - - Updated - - -

...I'd argue Mississippi, ATM.
    I love how the left loves to laugh at alternative facts when they coined and endorsed the use of it under pretty much the same terms for about 3-4 decades now.

So, the government is effectively banning you from wiping your own ass since they don't fund the toilet you buy? Is that your argument? Because it's the same fucking thing you're saying.

They aren't banning travel. At all. They're banning state funding for travel.
    No sense in arguing with someone who at this point is clearly either trolling or being intentionally obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    You realize that people who work for the government still earn a paycheck and can do whatever they want with that money, right?
    You do realize that if someone wanted to go to a work conference in a state not on that list, the government of CA would pay for it, right? See no problem in that?

So, the government is effectively banning you from wiping your own ass since they don't fund the toilet paper you buy? Is that your argument? Because it's the same fucking thing you're saying.

They aren't banning travel. At all. They're banning state funding for travel.

- - - Updated - - -

Who can't travel? Anyone at all? Do you expect them to fund people's personal vacations or something?
    Except they didn't ban all travel. If they banned all travel it would be fine. Would you have been ok if before DoMA was overturned that certain states banned travel funding to states that allowed gay marriage? If not then you have no point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    If California is involved any and all thought is thrown out as soon as they hear Cali-.
    Damn, now I wonder how they manage watching second Indiana Jones movie.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I love how the left loves to laugh at alternative facts when they coined and endorsed the use of it under pretty much the same terms for about 3-4 decades now.
    That's really fucking weird given how Wikipedia refers to Conway on this issue. Wait, are you creating alternative facts about alternative facts? Congrats on reaching meta levels of alternative facts.