Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Even if I'd love Earthy tanking spec for Shaman I really doubt Blizz gonna to such a thing. More propably I see new classes coming: less work, more hype. And the better option would be increase the range of possible builds for each spec, like 4th talent column or something.

Here's an idea: make a MARTYR priest spec. You heal others while getting hurt and praying, basically you EMANATE healing and tears mmm. Exactly what we need.

Deleted
    Specs that would make most sense:
    Warrior: Gladiator - Sword and board dps
    Paladin: Templar - same as gladiator but more holy themed / shockadin type of dps
    Shaman: Earthwarden - Mail tanking spec, we need it
    Priest: Inquisitor - Holy themed dps spec less focused on dots
    Monk: Chiweaver - Monks have espec for every celestial except Red Crane so it would fit perfectly for ranged dps spec

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Monk: Chiweaver - Monks have espec for every celestial except Red Crane so it would fit perfectly for ranged dps spec
    Except for a certain talent in the healing spec; which summons the said crane?

Every class needs to tank and heal I guess

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or just get rid of the "holy trinity" altogether and have every class be able to do everything rather than a 4th spec as with having a 4th spec you are in a way slowly removing the need for the "holy trinity" anyway..

New class, hell, 2 new classes is more likely than this next expansion. If it was 2 it would only require 6ish specs to create, attempt to balance, and then get working. A new spec for everyone depending on ones that make sense / have 4 already would ballpark 9 to 10ish?

Druids got 4 because really all they did was take one spec and break it in half. Feral became Feral and Guardians instead of the two being smashed together into one tree. Then of course once they ditched talent trees it would have made it to a bear being able to switch forms and do cat DPS as good as a cat then back to bear when taking again. Or if a tank died to have a cat flip to bear and fill the rest of the fight. But at least they had gear differences. It got worse since gearing differences went away without hit / defense / dodge would narrow the difference even more. Sure it wouldn't be a perfect optimization but that ability to flip roles on an instant cast would have been op as hell.

They didn't give Druid a 4th as a gift. They did it to stop 100000 whine threads about why drood so good for this reason. Still got to soak the tears from threads like this and other Druid imba threads though. But that's par for the course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight - "Lich" ranged DPS spec using frost spells and diseases.

Demon Hunter - "Dark Ranger" ranged dps spec they can retcon some shit to make it make sense.

Druid - No new spec but many new forms for each current spec that a druid can choose from.

Hunter - "Survival" (Rename current survival.) tank spec using pet to buff hunter and mitigate damage.

Mages - "Chronarch" healing spec focusing on reversing time to heal injuries.

Monks - "Jade Dragon" ranged DPS spec. Channeled spells that can build up to hard hitting instant casts.

Paladin - "Arbiter" Shockadin ranged DPS spec. We all know what it is.

Priest - "Witch Doctor" melee DPS spec focusing on dots and summoning small armies of spiders / rats / whatever.

Rogue - "Blade Dancer" tank focusing on evasion / parrying. (Could also see pistoleero - ranged DPS spec duel wielding pistols.)

Shaman - "Earth Warden" tank spec using the power of stone to harden skin that mitigates damage and using two handers for a weapon.

Warlock - " Fel Armorer" tank spec using fel energies to armor oneself. New demon that could be used for minor healing on a CD.

Warrior - "Gladiator" melee DPS spec using a sword and board. Like the old glyph.

Every class would now have at least 2 out of 3 specs from the trinity.

(And yes for all those shitting all over the thread we know it's unlikely that any of this will happen. Doesn't make it less fun to discuss.)
    Last edited by ovm33; 2017-06-27 at 10:56 AM.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

The argument "Druids already got 4 specs so they are excluded from the new shiny feature of the new xpac" simply does not work. There are many people who main only 1 class and they will be seriously pissed if the new xpac is not actually new for them. It's not about equality. It's about appeal to the players.

Druids - can't come up with anything except doing a revision of the feral spec that is currently totally dead, maybe being able to use pets or Animals

Death knight - lich caster spec could be cool, how they would fit a lich in plate armour would be an interesting design issue.

Mage - I would like to propose a tanking Mage (battle-Mage) that costed spells in melted and used defensive sobell stop survive. A passive Mage armour buff to explain their tanking. But it could be a cool way to play a Mage

Warlock - necromancer does not fit exactly with out a bit of explaining how the warlock went from demon magic to undead but a necromancer class with adds would be awesome but suck in raids with swarms of zombies wrecking Melee ground LoS

Paladin - shockadin is the obvious choice

Hunter - tinker spec with turrets and stuff instead of pets

Shaman - earth warmer tanking spec

Warrior - berserker ranged or gladiator

Demon hunter - ranged duh

Monk - caster

Rouge - poison master ranged spec a hunter with bleeds or poison damage

Priest - executor melee with two handed weapon. Would look awesome, using holy magic to infuse weapon for massive two handed hits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    I think a 4th spec would be the way to go. I'd even go so far as to say get rid of talents so its less work to balance. 4 Specs and glyphs for spell visuals and animations should be plenty to customize your character.

My Idea's

Death Knight - Necromancer - You'd have to pull out the pets from Unholy and make that spec more about disease's and spreading those diseases. Then give Necromancer pets and ranged casting spells.
    Tough. How do you differentiate him from affliction warlocks?
    Hunter - Dark Ranger - This should be a dps DOT style spec that lets people have more of a dark ranger feel to it.
    Easy peasy. Also, make SV a tank spec and I might even git it a try.

Rogue - Shadow Hunter - A Rogue spec using Polearms or throwing weapons that use black magic to damage their enemies
    Outlaw already makes some use of pistols, I wouldn't expect any more expansion of rogues toward [semi]ranged.

Shaman - Earth Warden - A Shaman Tanking spec that allows you to create earth barriers and such.
    Might even dig my shammy out of the dust for that.

Warrior - Blade Master and Gladiator - Like your suggestion above Gladiator should be a spec. I also like the idea of Blade Master and wouldn't mind if Arms was renamed Blademaster and given some of those abilities like mirror Image
    As long as Gladiator shares all stats with Prot, I'm all for that.

Warlock - Fel Healing Spec - Drain the life from your enemies and heal your allies. Maybe even bugs them with fel power.
    Yes please.

Priest - Witch Doctor - Not sure how this one would work I just like the idea of a Witch Doctor spec for my Troll Priest.
    That's Shadow.

Generally, a lot of changes would be welcome, as long as they make sense and have a solid feel to them. Each such addition would have to be on par with new BeastMaster in terms of flavour though.

Deleted
    Doubt it will happen for the same reason Demon Hunters only have two specs, it would water the existing specs down even further, making them even less unique and less interesting. Besides, another spec for every class would mean 12 new specs, that's the equivalent of 4-5 new classes, no way that happens in a single expansion either.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    fourth specs yes it is a cool idea but we run into some issues on some classes

what would the DH third spec be?
    A reflection of Illidan's incoming 'champion of light' stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyar View Post
    Mage - I would like to propose a tanking Mage (battle-Mage) that costed spells in melted and used defensive sobell stop survive. A passive Mage armour buff to explain their tanking. But it could be a cool way to play a Mage

Warlock - necromancer does not fit exactly with out a bit of explaining how the warlock went from demon magic to undead but a necromancer class with adds would be awesome but suck in raids with swarms of zombies wrecking Melee ground LoS
    No tanking/healing Warlocks or Mages. They're pure DPS and should stay that way. That aside, Necromancy is the one thing that would work with Warlocks because the Burning Legion are the ones responsible for creating the Scourge in the first place.

Deleted
    I think that's a bad idea. They are consistently struggling with providing good gameplay and balance with the current specs. Adding more would just make things worse.
    I'd rather have 3 good specs without stupid and/or boring gameplays and where you actually have a choice instead of 1 spec performing much much better than the others and being forced to it if you want to stay competitive.
    Making every class able to be a melee, ranged, tank and healer and caster will also destroy any uniqueness left.

- - - Updated - - -

Druids - can't come up with anything except doing a revision of the feral spec that is currently totally dead, maybe being able to use pets or Animals

Death knight - lich caster spec could be cool, how they would fit a lich in plate armour would be an interesting design issue.

Paladin - shockadin is the obvious choice

Hunter - tinker spec with turrets and stuff instead of pets

Shaman - earth warmer tanking spec

Warrior - berserker ranged or gladiator

Demon hunter - ranged duh

Monk - caster

Rouge - poison master ranged spec a hunter with bleeds or poison damage

Priest - executor melee with two handed weapon. Would look awesome, using holy magic to infuse weapon for massive two handed hits
    Most of that list actually exist in the game lol.

DK - pretty much you're suggesting a frost mage with plate
    Warlock - That's an Unholy DH
    Priest - That's a Ret Paladin
    Rogue - That's a hunter

What a great idea. A fourth spec for everyone. I for one am looking forward to having three "unplayable" specs each patch, rather than the customary two.

WoW has problems, but lack of spec choice is not it.

Druid already has four specs

Monk caster could be Chimaster, kamehameha-style energy bolts executed as combos from afar.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a druid main, i wouldn't care if we didn't get a 5th.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by butterknives View Post
    Yeah just separate the two. After we kill KJ / defeat Sargeras, DHs have an identity crisis and some give in to their demon within and stay in Meta constantly and some separate from their demonic influence and become a weapons master without ever going in meta.
    Come on, this isn't such a stretch of the imagination.
    That's a dumb idea , no thank you . Ill keep my awesome havoc spec .

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

If they made a 4th Rogue spec I would rather it just be Nightblade. Mostly because it's my favorite playstyle in every game.

Would just be a ranged rogue that used magic (Fire & Shadow). From-stealth attacks would still require melee range, and a few of its attacks would still require melee range, but it wouldn't be a terrible dps loss if it couldn't get into range. For maximum dps it would just be mid-range, high movement class.