Poll: What would you choose for the Artifact system?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They can just bake any abilities given by artifacts into the base class design in 8.0.
    Either bake them in or just remove them. Like draenor perks before.

I only hope we never get artifact ever again. AP farm is just awful, and it is even worse when combined with farming m+. I just hope blizz will go back to weekly caps on stuff like that so I could raid on main and still have time to play alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    all evil bosses dead - and we all just sit in Dalaran for a nice game of Tic Tac Toe

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I only hope we never get artifact ever again. AP farm is just awful, and it is even worse when combined with farming m+. I just hope blizz will go back to weekly caps on stuff like that so I could raid on main and still have time to play alts.
    After lvl 55 or so the farm is starting to become meaningless. So little power increase for so huge effort that I haven't bothered doing WQs for a while now.

After lvl 55 or so the farm is starting to become meaningless. So little power increase for so huge effort that I haven't bothered doing WQs for a while now.
    I cannot even hit 52 on all weapons, and I agree that it feels meaningless. It really sucks to be pure dps this expansion.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Have they confirmed 7.3 is the end of Legion? Anyway, I see the artifact ability being baked into the class, or are artifacts "shatter" and we reforge them as new artifacts in the next expansion.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they tried to pseudo-replicate the Diablo 3 paragon level system. Didn´t work.

Deleted
    I'm just hoping we get to have the appearances available for transmog, the MM bow is too pretty to lose. Won't miss Hati though, fingers crossed they don't inflict a second pet on BM again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Have they confirmed 7.3 is the end of Legion? Anyway, I see the artifact ability being baked into the class, or are artifacts "shatter" and we reforge them as new artifacts in the next expansion.
    pretty obvious 7.3 is the final content patch, they might drop a 7.3.5 but thats it.

It won't be Artifact weapons, but we'll probably have a replacement system.

Blizzard wanted us to be able to build toward our character's power no matter what we were doing, and Artifact Power provided that reward no matter what we did, no matter what difficulty we did it at. So we'll probably keep that incentive system, but it won't take the form of a weapon. Which is good, because I think Blizzard realizes people just want to mog over their artifact weapons more times than not.

TBH I bet they'll also cap how much you can earn in a week, discourage the insane grinds that people felt obligated to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I cannot even hit 52 on all weapons, and I agree that it feels meaningless. It really sucks to be pure dps this expansion.
    52 is rather easy with AK 40. Every day WQs alone will have over 200M AP available, and doing those is a 30-45 min thing. You need 2 226 766 330 AP to get a weapon from 0 to 52 (first 35 traits are only 6M which is nothing with this inflation) which is 11 days of AP World Quests to max out a weapon. And this is not counting other sources like raiding, Honor levels (you gain those steadily too if you do PvP WQs regularly), Order Hall mission etc.

So 52 is easy, but soon one trait worth of 300 mainstat for the proc is costing that same 2.2 Billion, at which point AP farm just isn't worth it anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    pretty obvious 7.3 is the final content patch, they might drop a 7.3.5 but thats it.
    yeah, that logic doesn't fly with me ... just because something is obvious to you doesn't mean it is actually obvious or remotely true. I deal with enough people to know that.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Also, if we kill or defeat Sargeras who is going to be the new baddie? Old gods/Titans expac confirmed for 8.0?
    There's only 1 old god left and he's pretty much the weakest of them all(mostly due to getting his butt kicked in ancient times by the big bad OG) and the titans are all dead. Azshara by all rights should be a villain who dies in a quest line considering Ysera would have been able to rip her a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Artifacts are either consumed to kill the last boss, or to shut down the rift between Azeroth and Argus.

In any case, the item level 1200 [Green Staff of Questing] will be much more powerful than the artifacts ever were.
    First of all, only baddies who never raided replaced gear with a green in a quest. With heroic ICC gear for example I didn't replace a single item until TH. Hell in WotLK I raided Naxx in SWP gear. Please stop spreading this nonsense.

Secondly, the artifacts would always outclass anything that would be a green item considering they were more than just stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, that logic doesn't fly with me ... just because something is obvious to you doesn't mean it is actually obvious or remotely true. I deal with enough people to know that.
    Last expac we had just two patches, this expac we are lucky to get just 3. Just look at the time gap between expacs, 7.3 is going to be live sometime this fall/early winter followed by 6/8 months of nothing and then 8.0 hits mid 2018, just like every expac, every 2 years.

52 is rather easy with AK 40. Every day WQs alone will have over 200M AP available, and doing those is a 30-45 min thing. You need 2 226 766 330 AP to get a weapon from 0 to 52 (first 35 traits are only 6M which is nothing with this inflation) which is 11 days of AP World Quests to max out a weapon. And this is not counting other sources like raiding, Honor levels (you gain those steadily too if you do PvP WQs regularly), Order Hall mission etc.

So 52 is easy, but soon one trait worth of 300 mainstat for the proc is costing that same 2.2 Billion, at which point AP farm just isn't worth it anymore.
    MY DK who just hit 100 this weekend that I could barely play after due to working 21 hours this weekend almost has 52 traits already(4 short).

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    There's only 1 old god left and he's pretty much the weakest of them all(mostly due to getting his butt kicked in ancient times by the big bad OG) and the titans are all dead. Azshara by all rights should be a villain who dies in a quest line considering Ysera would have been able to rip her a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, only baddies who never raided replaced gear with a green in a quest. With heroic ICC gear for example I didn't replace a single item until TH. Hell in WotLK I raided Naxx in SWP gear. Please stop spreading this nonsense.

Secondly, the artifacts would always outclass anything that would be a green item considering they were more than just stats.
    Ysera? I think you might be missing some quest dialog.. Azshara was supposed to be the most powerful spellcaster on all of Azeroth, that includes the aspects. Sageras''s generals even feared her.

I never said it is hard, it is just absolutely time consuming which sucks when you are dps and you want to switch specs. Really blizz fucked it up by not making so AP is added to all weapons. I never get 200M from wq, I would have to drop my job, there is no way to keep up when you work 12h x 4 a week, and you have other responsibilities.

Also I don't see how people could play with more than 1 alt this expansion.

I would rather have 7.3.5 a 2 boss raid of Azshara and Nzoth so people stop talking about them like they're powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    Ysera? I think you might be missing some quest dialog.. Azshara was supposed to be the most powerful spellcaster on all of Azeroth, that includes the aspects. Sageras''s generals even feared her.
    For the MILLIONTH time, Mannoroth feared her WHEN SHE HAD FULL ACCESS AND HAD HAD ACCESS TO THE WELL FOR AGES. She was literally swimming in its power. She was not the most powerful without the well, she was one of the most powerful and that was back then. Have you seen what happens to beings massively addicted to the Xwell(nightwell sunwell well of eternity) when they either use it too much or can't get their fix anymore? She should be a pitiful nothing. She couldn't even kill Malfurion in Darkshore and knew damn well she couldn't or else she would have done so.

I think YOU might be missing some stuff.

they better get destroyed somehow, or we drain their power and they become obsolete lore wise.

i WILL NOT be cool with giving the weapon to someone else, unless its AU me.

gross...now i can see an alternate version of ourselves popping through a rift and being like "hey, you need them anymore? lemme get em!"
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

I didn't say that was lvl 111 weapon. It could be 120 weapon, at which point Legion Artifacts and Legendaries will surely stop working.