Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Now You show Your stupidity applying that average applies to specific women
    Calling me stupid while defending such statements, don't think you're really thinking this through

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Calling me stupid while defending such statements, don't think you're really thinking this through
    I think it through pretty clearly and since this is not a thread about women i will not continue this subject here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds more like blackmail than it does justice... just sayin.

Explain to me why everyone is still so pro EU?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Try convincing yourself Google want to pass on the EU market....
    To be honest people in here and elsewhere were claiming this when Microsoft assumed they were too big to be touched by the european courts, they were wrong and adjusted, same thing will happen here.

Since no investor will remain with google or any public company that willingly pulls out of the biggest consumer market, especially with an ad revenue based company. Their stock value would fall to such lows they wouldn't be able to recover with massively downsizing and selling off properties they own and letting go plenty of talented people, talented people one of their biggest source of income.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    "Stuck"? You are delusional. You really think that the money google's competitors would get by taking charge over a population of 700million would make no difference?

I suppose I should know better due to your posting history but to sincerely think that another company wouldn't surge in to snap up that market is fucking laughable.
    I never said no company would take up the market. I said they will do it with a shittier product that will disappoint everyone who is used to the superior Google product

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post

"I don't under anti-competition laws so I'm just going to call it blackmail".
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Did the company that sent out those fliers have a monopoly on the postal service that prevents other companies from sending out their own?
    You clearly said there are other search engine options, so Google does not have a monopoly, they are just the best option available. They are the same as the postal service, they sell space on the delivery mechanism, and they are not preventing any company from sending there own, anyone can buy space at the top of the search results(google even labels them as paid ads).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it through pretty clearly and since this is not a thread about women i will not continue this subject here.
    You claimed Polish politicians were better than EU ones, all i did here was pointed out a person from your political majority in power and that they clearly are not.

Its a shame really if Poland's politicians wised up, Poland could easily become eastern to central europe's powerhouse both in terms of economics and politic power since the east is in need of a front runner. Oh well maybe in a few decades when people in poland are more concerned about their future, than again if the political majority ever did the silly things they claim they would want to do regarding the EU, all the EU has to do is not allow anyone from Poland to work in Europe and that political party would shrink faster than a dick in ice cold water.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    You clearly said there are other search engine options, so Google does not have a monopoly, they are just the best option available. They are the same as the postal service, they sell space on the delivery mechanism, and they are not preventing any company from sending there own, anyone can buy space at the top of the search results(google even labels them as paid ads).
    And you clearly don't understand the legal definition of monopoly.

Fun fact, the American FTC only requires a sustained 50% or more market share to be considered a monopoly. The US justice department uses similar definition. The European Commission defines market dominance even lower than that at 39.7% (lowest ever successful market dominance case).

Google literally has a monopoly in every market barring Asia.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-06-27 at 05:00 PM.

You claimed Polish politicians were better than EU ones, all i did here was pointed out a person from your political majority in power and that they clearly are not.

Its a shame really if Poland's politicians wised up, Poland could easily become eastern to central europe's powerhouse both in terms of economics and politic power since the east is in need of a front runner. Oh well maybe in a few decades when people in poland are more concerned about their future, than again if the political majority ever did the silly things they claim they would want to do regarding the EU, all the EU has to do is not allow anyone from Poland to work in Europe and that political party would shrink faster than a dick in ice cold water.
    You pointed nothing.

As for the second statement. I think the current goveremnt took a better way to deal with EU and perssure from the EU than the previous ones who were just pets of Merkel. Ofc i am not a fan of the current goverment, since it introduces a lot social oriented legislations (such as 500+, 500zl for every child in the family, which in general is 700- because to give someone 500 You have to take 700 because the officials who take and give money cost too), that i am not fan off, but from the 2 major political parties here i prefer them over those puppets. And like it or not, Poland is going to be a strong part of the eastern Europe and i hope V4 will keep together not bowing to the Merkel and Macron and other EU officials that want to subdue all the countries to their will. I am also not that afraid of the future in my country, well maybe i earn a little less than ppl in UK or any other western country, but at least i can safely eat my launch in restaruant not beeing thrown at with molotov koktail. Anyways i think we've driven far from the main topic of the thread so i guess we should be back on track.

So say google decide to pay the 2.4 billion, what does the money get used for by the EU? After all is there really any justice in taking money from big business and giving it to greedy politicians who will likely pad there wallets or spend it on some pointless vanity project.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Who is going to give them backlash? The people who told them they cant do business in their country unless they do it their way? If I was Google Id say screw you. And doing so would be far from committing suicide. Dont try to pretend that the EU is 95% of Google's market share
    The angst of this comment can only be described as cheetoh dust levels.

On topic, I would frankly like to see an actual competitor rise to Googles level, but unfortunately we don't even have that here in the US or literally everywhere else in the world. I imagine it has something to do with the fact Google patents their AI search algorithms and has a monopoly on AI that have been extensively trained to sort through the entirety of the internet.

The real problem here is patents, and smaller start ups getting their hands on the AI formulas that will allow them to actually compete with Google. Without that, Google will still dominate the market regardless if they are self promoting within their own services. 2.4 billion in EU fines isn't going to change that, at all.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-06-27 at 05:02 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    So say google decide to pay the 2.4 billion, what does the money get used for by the EU? After all is there really any justice in taking money from big business and giving it to greedy politicians who will likely pad there wallets or spend it on some pointless vanity project.
    There is like 30bln Eur deficit in the EU budget, so now You know where the money will go

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post

Fining a company for breaking antitrust laws is blackmail? Amazing line of thought you got there. And gee, I dunno why anyone would be pro EU. Maybe because antitrust laws benefit the customers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    You pointed nothing.

As for the second statement. I think the current goveremnt took a better way to deal with EU and perssure from the EU than the previous ones who were just pets of Merkel. Ofc i am not a fan of the current goverment, since it introduces a lot social oriented legislations (such as 500+, 500zl for every child in the family, which in general is 700- because to give someone 500 You have to take 700 because the officials who take and give money cost too), that i am not fan off, but from the 2 major political parties here i prefer them over those puppets. And like it or not, Poland is going to be a strong part of the eastern Europe and i hope V4 will keep together not bowing to the Merkel and Macron and other EU officials that want to subdue all the countries to their will. I am also not that afraid of the future in my country, well maybe i earn a little less than ppl in UK or any other western country, but at least i can safely eat my launch in restaruant not beeing thrown at with molotov koktail. Anyways i think we've driven far from the main topic of the thread so i guess we should be back on track.
    You can hand wave it away all you want, you can claim people that want you to do better just want you to be puppets doesn't make it true, not to mention most of this stems from the solidarity requested and it being overblown while happily accepting the solidarity mechanism the other way around.

And if you really think Europe is such a dangerous place all you really show here is how little you know and how much you bought into the fear mongering.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The angst of this comment can only be described as cheetoh dust levels.

On topic, I would frankly like to see an actual competitor rise to Googles level, but unfortunately we don't even have that here in the US or literally everywhere else in the world. I imagine it has something to do with the fact Google patents their AI search algorithms and has a monopoly on AI that have been extensively trained to sort through the entirety of the internet.

The real problem here is patents, and smaller start ups getting their hands on the AI formulas that will allow them to actually compete with Google. Without that, Google will still dominate the market regardless if they are self promoting within their own services. 2.4 billion in EU fines isn't going to change that, at all.
    Google has plenty of real competition in a few countries. 2015 market share google had a small slice of the market in countries like China, South Korea and Russia.

http://returnonnow.com/internet-mark...re-by-country/

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't under anti-competition laws so I'm just going to call it blackmail".
    Comply or don't do business in EU countries. How is that not blackmail?

European competition law promotes the maintenance of competition within the European Union by regulating anti-competitive conduct by companies to ensure that they do not create cartels and monopolies that would damage the interests of society.
    "We accomplish this mission by behaving like... a cartel."

The EU is controlled by Germany who was a fascist state at the beginning through the mid 20th century and controlled Europe by military force. Fast forward to today, they are still that same fascist state which now controls Europe economically through the EU.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-27 at 08:57 PM.

You can hand wave it away all you want, you can claim people that want you to do better just want you to be puppets doesn't make it true, not to mention most of this stems from the solidarity requested and it being overblown while happily accepting the solidarity mechanism the other way around.

And if you really think Europe is such a dangerous place all you really show here is how little you know and how much you bought into the fear mongering.
    The recent "incidents" says otherwise.

Solidarity? Where was EU solidarity when we took massive amount of immigrants from Chechnya and Ukraine? Also most of the ppl in Poland don't want immigrants here, so the current goverment realizes the will of the ppl...are You a democrat? So there You have it, democracy. Btw. i am done, because this discussion is fruitless.
    Last edited by Nehezbegar; 2017-06-27 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Try convincing yourself Google want to pass on the EU market....
    Hence blackmail... the EU just wasn't getting their cut.

Did the company that sent out those fliers have a monopoly on the postal service that prevents other companies from sending out their own?
    Google did not prevent them from sending out there own, they just appear lower on the search results. How is that preventing it. If it is on the internet google finds it.