Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    "Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls."

Misogyny is always sexist, not all sexism is misogyny.
    Hmm I guess that stament would be misognist then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You are greatly exaggerating the unknown number of unreported rapes, and we don't even know how many of those unreported rapes are unreported false accusations.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the statement was not about all women, just the drunk ones.
    Just drunk ones would still apply to all woman as when any woman became drunk they would fall into that category.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, that's a horrible article.

Barely any details about the event itself, clearly no journalism carried out in that area, and a whole bunch of colorful language describing the two in two very different lights with info that they obviously only got from Google.

We have no idea what happened, but we do know what kind of animals he had hanging on his wall and what her school grade was.

There's no discussion to be had from this trash article.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Two things. Firstly, under Title IX, schools have to report rapes and sexual assaults IRRESPECTIVE of if the assailant is affiliated with the school. Thus, schools have a tremendous incentive to squelch the reporting of campus rapes and sexual assaults regardless of who the rapist is.

Secondly, that you think rich/powerful people don't escape charges solely on their ability to bring inordinate legal pressure on a jurisdiction has been proven wrong so often that it's beyond contestation. There's even a specific defense for rich people who want to say that "I didn't know it was wrong"... the Affluenza defense, meaning that a person is so affluent that their money shields them from consequences so they don't know right from wrong.

I didn't make up information, I offered some conjecture based on what the article stated. The article stated that the police went after the victim. I said that the likely charges would be along the lines of Criminal Trespass for starters (since she would be able to prove she was in the residence). I didn't say that they charged her with it, but that it would be a likely charge as the police were pursuing her instead of the likely rapist.
    Again, you're making the assumption that I'm refuting the young women's claim. I'm not. I'm just saying the article is horribly written. It presents claims with nothing to back those claims.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What??? So, you're actually thinking that there's ANY percentage of unreported rapes that are false? So, women aren't reporting false rapes in droves is it?
    Of course, think about it for a nanosecond, will you? A woman accuses or threatens to accuse some innocent guy of rape but it never gets to the police and nothing comes out of it. I was a GUY in that situation once.
    That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time and the AHCA has been in the news for awhile now...
    You should listen to yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Just drunk ones would still apply to all woman as when any woman became drunk they would fall into that category.
    Not exactly, only when all women are drunk at the same time - it's about all women.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

We don't really know enough about this case. Maybe he drugged and raped her, maybe they had consensual sex and she then regret it, maybe they both got shitfaced drunk and had sex. Point is, nobody knows. It is one persons word against the other. That is the problem with these kinds of cases, there is rarely any proof of how the event actually went down.

Okay, I'm going to bring again the choirboys example, because some people don't understand.

If you summon the touchy priest in court and he claims (technically correct) that the victims did not protested, did not said no and continued to see him afterwards, does that defense stand ?

I know the usual suspects think that ''consent'' is a SJW invention to prevent them from being laid, but sexual assault DOES cover ''drugging the girl so she can't say no anymore''. But that point is impossible to explain for the usual suspect, for which sex crime means more or less openly ''other ethnicities stealing our wumin''. I'm going to say it openly, I strongly doubt that there is any kind of rape by ''good guys'' that the usual suspects would not defend.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Okay, I'm going to bring again the choirboys example, because some people don't understand.

If you summon the touchy priest in court and he claims (technically correct) that the victims did not protested, did not said no and continued to see him afterwards, does that defense stand ?

I know the usual suspects think that ''consent'' is a SJW invention to prevent them from being laid, but sexual assault DOES cover ''drugging the girl so she can't say no anymore''. But that point is impossible to explain for the usual suspect, for which sex crime means more or less openly ''other ethnicities stealing our wumin''. I'm going to say it openly, I strongly doubt that there is any kind of rape by ''good guys'' that the usual suspects would not defend.
    I think this case is a bit different as we don't know if she consented while drunk or not and people think that consent while drunk should be held up as "real" consent just like you still get charged if you hit some one with your car while drunk as drunk or not your to blame.

That is a bad example because the choir boys are under the age of consent so by definition it is impossible for there to ever be consent regardless of their actions.

Deleted
    Imagine that, things I didn't say. I said you can't call false accusations due to regret after drunken sex common when it's a handful of people who does it.
    Does the question mark not mean a question to you? So, that would mean that i didn't say that you said that. It was a question to you.

It is just as common as rape in it self, so if false accusations aren't common then rape isn't common either. And if we should all hand wave false rape accusations away because they are "rare" then we might as well hand wave all rape accusations away too, you know, as it isn't a common thing either.

That's an example like another, since you can be incapable of consenting because of being drunk. I'm pretty sure that if someone boozed you up and made you sell your possessions for 10 cents, you could claim in court that you were intoxicated and unable to consent.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Does the question mark not mean a question to you? So, that would mean that i didn't say that you said that. It was a question to you.

It is just as common as rape in it self, so if false accusations aren't common then rape isn't common either. And if we should all hand wave false rape accusations away because they are "rare" then we might as well hand wave all rape accusations away too, you know, as it isn't a common thing either.
    Imagine that, I have never claimed rape to be common. Why do you attribute what other people have said, to me? By the way, false accusations happen at lower rates than rape.

I haven't hand waved anything.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-06-27 at 06:06 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's an example like another, since you can be incapable of consenting because of being drunk. I'm pretty sure that if someone boozed you up and made you sell your possessions for 10 cents, you could claim in court that you were intoxicated.
    You could claim that, but you would need witnesses who would confirm your claim.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

That's an example like another, since you can be incapable of consenting because of being drunk. I'm pretty sure that if someone boozed you up and made you sell your possessions for 10 cents, you could claim in court that you were intoxicated and unable to consent.
    Maybe, but only if you can prove it. You can be held accountable for driving while drunk so why would the law hold you less accountable because you did something that only affected you rather than a multitude of innocents on the highway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I think this case is a bit different as we don't know if she consented while drunk or not and people think that consent while drunk should be held up as "real" consent just like you still get charged if you hit some one with your car while drunk as drunk or not your to blame.
    Why shouldn't people think that consent while drunk really is consenting? For half the population this is exactly the case, for the other half, not so much.

Stopped reading at Buzzfeed.

Deleted
    Imagine that, I have never claimed rape to be common. Why do you attribute what other people have said, to me? By the way, false accusations happen at lower rates than rape.

I haven't hand waved anything.
    What does it matter then if it is not "common", and remember that common is a relative term. As the only reason you have to go against this "common" statement is to hand wave it away.

The University of Alabama, DCH Regional Medical Center and the Bunn family have issued statements regarding a former student who committed suicide after her attempt to press a rape charge was unsuccessful.

In a story published on the Buzzfeed website Thursday, Megan Rondini’s family said their daughter’s claim against T.J. Bunn was mishandled by local law enforcement, medical providers and the University of Alabama. The lack of support and failure to prosecute, they said, contributed to her suicide in February 2016 at the age of 21.

Rondini filed a rape charge against Bunn in July 2015, telling police that the alleged assault happened at his Tuscaloosa home after the two met at a local bar.

Investigators and prosecutors ultimately claimed they didn’t have strong enough evidence to charge Bunn and sent the case to a grand jury.

Days before the hearing took place, Rondini hanged herself in Dallas, Texas, where she had transferred and was studying biological sciences at Southern Methodist University. The hearing went forward without her testimony, with the 18-member panel declining to press charges.

The allegation was not made public because Bunn was never charged. A court order issued in April by Tuscaloosa County Circuit Court Judge Brad Almond required that DCH and the Tuscaloosa County Homicide Unit provide the Rondini family with their case files, which aren’t considered public record. For legal purposes, The News does not normally name suspects of crimes unless they have been charged or a warrant has been issued.

T.J. Bunn, now 36, is the son of Terry Bunn and nephew of Sonny Bunn, owners of S.T. Bunn Construction.

The Rondinis are represented by Birmingham attorney Leroy Maxwell Jr. of the Maxwell Firm, who said he will file a federal Title IX complaint against the university by the end of the month.

“Megan was loved by everyone who came in contact with her,” Maxwell said. “Her loss is everyone’s loss. Title IX, the University of Alabama, the Tuscaloosa Sheriff’s department and the overall judicial system in Tuscaloosa let her down on every level. Through litigation our firm is committed to doing everything in our power to shine a light on Tuscaloosa’s systemic problem with sexual assault.”

The local newspaper wrote this up.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/2...mpts-responses

The cops or DA sent the case to a grand jury at least.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    As the only reason you have to go against this "common" statement is to hand wave it away.
    Nope. People who commit crime should be held accountable for doing so. You are however factually wrong when you claim it to be happening at the same rate as rape. I just corrected you and others. It's not common nor does it happen at the same rate as rape.

Deleted
    No you could not, maybe as a female you can, but as a male the only thing they will do is laugh at you.

Regret after the fact != rape.