Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How long do I have to play before 8.0?

This isn't a QQ thread. I'm curious if--after taking 6-8 months off--I'll have time to do what I want on my alts.

Mostly, order hall campaign, class mounts, Suramar campaign, all artifacts, and a few legendaries, plus a nice stable of champions. I figure I need at least a year or more, given how I play...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You dont have to play anything at all. It will come out regardless of your actions.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We just started new raid tier and not even final one. Legion will last one more year at least, even without content drought (and there will be one, hopefully much, much shorter than in MoP and WoD). I personally think that 8.0 will launch around October or November 2018.

At least a year, maybe two if there's still another raid to come in 7.3

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't expect 8.0 till at least like September-November 2018 if there's 1 more raid tier after ToS.

You've got at least a year. Get busy.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    This isn't a QQ thread. I'm curious if--after taking 6-8 months off--I'll have time to do what I want on my alts.

Mostly, order hall campaign, class mounts, Suramar campaign, all artifacts, and a few legendaries, plus a nice stable of champions. I figure I need at least a year or more, given how I play...
    You have atleast a year.
    6 months for Tomb, 6 months for Argus.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Nov/Dec 2018 is my guess. Last raid will prob drop after christmas this year and last for 10-12 months as per usual.

Deleted
    8.0 is atleast 1 year away.

If you think positive then Argus 7.3 will release around blizzcon Nov. 2017.
    Then we get maybe a small patch or that is the end so you can call 6 months till release after Nov. that is May 2018, with a small patch can add 2 months more.

So yeah it is far away even if they speed up the time between last patch and exp pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say 8.0 won't drop until the half of 2018 at the earliest. It'll probably be on the second semester but I might be wrong, Legion has been releasing content faster than previous expansions, at least where raids are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You dont have to play anything at all. It will come out regardless of your actions.
    At least read the 3 lines of text he wrote before dropping the salt. He clearly isn't saying he "he has to play", he wants to know how much time he has left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say 8.0 to be in the summer. As we'll have ToS till christmas, then 7.3 (Argus) till summer / september.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'd say a year out from Blizzcon, give or take a month. In other words, plenty of time to grind out alt stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    At blizzards new pacing expect gamescon in august to give major details on 7.3(raid preview, zone previews, etc) expect blizzcon to announce next expansion, expect 7.3.5(patch containing the argus raid) to actually drop end of November/early December, then expect 8.0 to drop in July/august and new expansion to launch August/September.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

If you're looking at 8.0, why would you care about anything on your alts other than hitting 110? The rest will be very quickly made irrelevant.

IMHO, you've got about a year, more or less. My guess for 8.0 would be august 2018.

OP, as a side note, I have discovered that sitting out until the expansion nears the end is actually a ton of fun.

Basically, everything at the end of an expansion is built to push you forward (in to the next expansion) rather than to hold you back... So you can generally achieve what you want in half the time of those who were there at the beginning of the expansion. For instance, you can already see this being demonstrated through changes in the AP system.

The key is, don't get suckered into buying the new expansion when it releases... Because then you just get smacked with artificial barriers and frustration for the next year or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Another year, maybe two.

Damn shame it's so far off, I'm so sick of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Another year, maybe two.

Damn shame it's so far off, I'm so sick of Legion.
    Ikr, so ready for this expac to be over. But got a long ass time until it is.

When it was said Legion was going to be a longer expac, I was pretty excited about it......now I hate it.

The same as the rest of us.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    i expect late 2018 considering there will be another raid tier after the current TOS