Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

First day of Necromancer

So far, I'm having a blast. To use the WoW terminology, the class fantasy is strong with this one. I definitely feel like a powerful Necromancer, with my army of skeletons and ghost mages, and destroying my enemies with a rain of bone shards from their ally's corpses.

How is everyone else feeling about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving it, just hit 70 myself and its extremely fun. Just hope it stays fun lol

i got the 2p that sends a bone shard for every corpse i use.... It's quite fun

Homophobia is so gay.

got full rathma now and it's oke. I think Tranq will be more fun once I have it.

Deleted
    Doesn't it feel shitty that you have 3-4 skills taken by pets, 1 by a resource generator and you only really have 1 slot left for a curse or utility?

Also first day of mythic woops. Blizzard is usually much better about overlaps like this.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Doesn't it feel shitty that you have 3-4 skills taken by pets, 1 by a resource generator and you only really have 1 slot left for a curse or utility?
    I have to agree and seing how your pets do most of the fighting while you chill back makes the game easy mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    I have to agree and seing how your pets do most of the fighting while you chill back makes the game easy mode.
    That's not really want I meant.
    More like, how crappy is the MOBA action bar limit of 6 active skills when 4 of them is taken up by pets. That there is no build variety, you can barely take cooldowns or utility with a pet build.
    In Diablo 2 you could have all pet skills, and then 4-5 curses, corpse explosion, bone wall, etc. Lots of utility and curse variety compared to what we have in D3.

There's a petbuild where you apply all curses, have teleport and still are a summoner with command, mage and army. Tested it today and it's still pretty strong.

I'm waiting for the new season but I did buy it yesterday.. when is the new season coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    I'm waiting for the new season but I did buy it yesterday.. when is the new season coming?
    Not for a few weeks, if I recall correctly. They're giving people time to do Mythic stuff on WoW, and letting people play through story with Necromancer, test builds, get all ready for the Season.

That's not really want I meant.
    More like, how crappy is the MOBA action bar limit of 6 active skills when 4 of them is taken up by pets. That there is no build variety, you can barely take cooldowns or utility with a pet build.
    In Diablo 2 you could have all pet skills, and then 4-5 curses, corpse explosion, bone wall, etc. Lots of utility and curse variety compared to what we have in D3.
    It's true that Diablo 2 allowed you to use all the skills, and you could map all the F# keys to them by default, so that was a lot more attacks you could use at once. However, in Diablo 2 you had to level up skills individually. So in most real situations, you would end up using only 1 curse and 1 attack spell or 2, plus summons. Everything else would be low level garbage not worth wasting your mana on. Corpse Explosion in particular dominated all other spells.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    July 20th

Necro is fun, but I'll wait for the season to fully explore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    It's true that Diablo 2 allowed you to use all the skills, and you could map all the F# keys to them by default, so that was a lot more attacks you could use at once. However, in Diablo 2 you had to level up skills individually. So in most real situations, you would end up using only 1 curse and 1 attack spell or 2, plus summons. Everything else would be low level garbage not worth wasting your mana on. Corpse Explosion in particular dominated all other spells.
    Waste what mana? Everyone had infinite ressource and zero management in D2.

Deleted
    Level 1 curses were completely viable with all the +skill equipment. Essentially you had every single curse in the game at level 10+ and used different ones depending on situation.
    Instead of the joke that is D3 where you spam a single curse.

I'm loving Necromancer. I've got mine up to level 40 and I'm trying different things. I started with Corpse Explosion, the Golem, and skeletal mage with the rune where they leave corpses when they despawn and that was crazy. Now I'm using devour with the aura and skeletal mage with singularity and that's pretty fun too. I haven't been too into D3 but I'm really having fun with this guy, looking forward to the season starting.
    Beta Club Brosquad

It's amusing comparing the posts from the diablo reddit and this forum. On the reddit it's just complaining that they didnt fix any of the simple bugs that came over from ptr.

It is pretty fun. It feels like playing a cross between witch doctor and blood death knight.

I made a video for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be happy with just the 6 buttons if i could make cast sequence macros like wow. I could map all the pet abilities and cool downs to one button macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I'm loving Necromancer. I've got mine up to level 40 and I'm trying different things. I started with Corpse Explosion, the Golem, and skeletal mage with the rune where they leave corpses when they despawn and that was crazy. Now I'm using devour with the aura and skeletal mage with singularity and that's pretty fun too. I haven't been too into D3 but I'm really having fun with this guy, looking forward to the season starting.
    That's actually also what I'm running at 50. I lack a bit of AoE, that's the only real gripe here, so I'm not sure how viable that is endgame, but, it seems to work:
    https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/.../hero/95336043

I'm thinking of something like this:
    https://www.d3planner.com/526660040
    Last edited by Vespian; 2017-06-29 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    That's actually also what I'm running at 50. I lack a bit of AoE, that's the only real gripe here, so I'm not sure how viable that is endgame, but, it seems to work:
    https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/.../hero/95336043

I'm thinking of something like this:
    https://www.d3planner.com/526660040
    That's an interesting build. I haven't figured out if I like Bone Armor yet. Played with it a little bit and wasn't in love but the Inarius set obviously buffs it a ton. I was thinking that I would like to build something around the Rathma set but like you said, lack of AoE might be a problem as I progress. I'd like to build something around Corpse Explosion but I don't think there are any sets that benefit it.
    Beta Club Brosquad