Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Japanese AI App Features Robot That Can Communicate Like a "Real Girlfriend"

@Video Games

The Japanese smartphone application and artificial intelligence engine SELF, which features a highly-detailed female robot named Ai Furuse, has just added upgraded conversation functionality, promising, "communication close to that of a real girlfriend or partner."

The application attempts to model natural human expressions using new animation techniques. The robot character, Ai, can react to different situations with various emotions and facial expressions. Her conversation library includes over 30,000 words, and she was designed to be able to carry on balanced conversations and assess the user's situation.

Ai will remember past conversations and emotions and can identify shifts in the user's goals and values. She will also gather information to match the user's interests and will react to birthdays and other events. The app will record three days of interaction with Ai for free, but Ai will revert to the first meeting stage after that time unless users pay a cloud storage fee.

SELF is available for iPhone and can be downloaded for free on the Japanese iTunes Store. More information can be found on the project website.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...friend/.115046

Yikes! As this technology improves who knows how it could affect the fabric of society. Very disturbing indeed!

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the Japanese market place.

15+ Year Old Account
    But will she play video games with you? Useless. Still gonna test this out if it comes to android.

It's going to get very sad and Ronery in Japan soon...

SAD
    AS
    FUCK

yeh it's scary meeting people, it's hard to find the right person and that connection and get into a relationship, and it's not going to work every time you'd be insane for thinking it would, but getting an app on your phone instead of trying to find that special someone? you're never going to become a "real man"

Good, cool.

Seeing technology get to this level is incredibly exciting, for an innumerable amount of reasons. Also if I can eventually fuck a robot that looks like some hot dude I like then sure why not.

Meh, if the chronically shy can practice on it in preparation for a RL girlfriend then I'm all for it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    SAD
    AS
    FUCK

yeh it's scary meeting people, it's hard to find the right person and that connection get into a relationship, and it's not going to work everytime, but getting an app on your phone instead? you're never going to become a "real man"
    Man I have to agree wholeheartedly...
    Sweet jeebus...
    And I have to wonder what are the women thinking...

If you cant have sex with it whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Meh, if the chronically shy can practice on it in preparation for a RL girlfriend then I'm all for it.
    it'll most likely be useless because it'll probably be an echo chamber girlfriend who loves doing everything you care about is custom tailored like facebook or google showing you news/pictures/stories/shopping that you like to do, sorry but a real woman is going to have her own life and own personality they won't be prepared for that.

it'll most likely be useless because it'll probably be an echo chamber girlfriend who loves doing everything you care about is custom tailored like facebook or google showing you news/pictures/stories/shopping that you like to do, sorry but a real woman is going to have her own life and own personality they won't be prepared for that.
    Yeah, they need to program it so it plays head games and it has the occasional bad mood. "Miku-chan, you never take me anywhere with you, are you embarrassed that I'm 2D and not 3D?"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yeah, they need to program it so it plays head games and it has the occasional bad mood. "Miku-chan, you never take me anywhere with you, are you embarrassed that I'm 2D and not 3D?"
    haha funny but very true, that would improve the realism, once a month for around 5 days the app will just crash and tell you you're a piece of shit, and if it does work it'll bring up some old shit from 6 years ago that you did wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried out the app? How come you know about it so well.

Deleted
    Is this a guy thing? Ive always disliked anything anime as long as I can remember... never nuke a country twice I guess. Also if their men would actually consider this... isnt half their population women? I really feel sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Have you tried out the app? How come you know about it so well.
    in a relationship for 9.5 years thanks

but i know a stereotype of lonely japanese men who spend more time with pictures of women than with real women, kind of like you really, let me know how the app goes.

haha funny but very true, that would improve the realism, once a month for around 5 days the app will just crash and tell you you're a piece of shit, and if it does work it'll bring up some old shit from 6 years ago that you did wrong.
    First it has to learn how to clean and cook.

Deleted
    Feminists will fight this tooth and nail. They are slowly losing their grip on men. Once we can fulfill our sexual and emotional needs with robots, they will have to give up their privileges where everything in a relationship is stacked in their favor.

I can see it now, people are going to be pu**ywhipped by their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I can see it now, people are going to be pu**ywhipped by their phones.
    Pfft...most people are already whipped by their phones.
    I find it unreal that so many people can't seem to leave them fuckers at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pfft...most people are already whipped by their phones.
    I find it unreal that so many people can't seem to leave them fuckers at home.
    You are 100% correct.

There is a difference between being phone whipped and being pu**ywhipped.

This ap probably wants you to spend time with it. And when the guys want to go to "the game" you have to tell them you can't because you have to spend time with your "girlfriend".
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-06-29 at 02:42 AM.