Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    The guards were idiots and she REALLY should sue the mall AND the guards involve. Her outfit was NO way offensive or too revealing, unless you're a freaking prude.
    Cheers
    What would be the legal basis for a lawsuit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Like people need more reasons to ignore malls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    They don't have to fight either. The security guard works for the security contractor...not the Mall itself. The Mall doesn't have to fire anyone...they can just ask the security company to not send that officer again.
    Sometimes HEHE, just depends on the mall and who runs it, much of the security has more to do with insurance and a few other factors, some malls are contracted out so they don't have to take on the additional responsibilities such as you mentioned.

While others actually own the security company and employ guards under a certain name. It might be slightly different in other places, but primarily that is how it's done. It isn't hidden but it isn't explicitly known that guards are directly employed by the mall.

Some of the differences are like as I said Insurance over all but like say Contractors might be allowed to carry fire arms on some of their guards, require different standards in background checks and training etc.

While the other in house, would be or could be anybody, maybe Phil who used to work in housekeeping.

Well, I don't see her nipples or any plumbers butt situation here. Just a security guard enforcing her own rules rather than the Malls. And if, as the girl claims, the guard actually threatened to have her arrested for public indecency its even worse. Big overstep of authority.

HAHAHA yep, but here is the thing, if a GUARD in general is like I see some NIPPLES haha, well there can be all sorts of issues with that such as why were you looking despite the policy. Again it's how you do something. Cowardly or not there typically has to be a call or complaint from one of the tenants or who in turn might get a complaint from customers.

It might not seem like it, but that is why we have dispatch and monitors and such. Because A GUARD isn't going to be doing strip searches and spot checks period, remember tenants don't want PR problems either or lose customers, and malls without tenants well, Malls are already on the way out.

So yeah, at least HERE guards aren't allowed of rather given the call to make unless well like someone strips but naked and such, I mean that's obvious.

But bottom line is, it isn't always as black and white as some people might expect.

And hell, guys without a shirt could be asked to leave too although doesn't happen much.

Fuck we even had someone who got complaints because of his body odor, and we don't really even have a policy on that, but again if their is a problem we have to deal with it.

And MOST if not all Malls I worked for or known of have a dress code.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Like people need more reasons to ignore malls.
    Hahaha.

Yes, that is why they are probably distancing themselves from this and the guards are history. Unemployment time for him I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

The Store owners didn't remove her. It was a single security guard apparently acting on her own. The Mall has apologized for the incident and says they are going to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. They're apparently going to have a little talk with the security contractor about how this situation happened.
    Yep, that happens a lot, doesn't wind up in the paper or news but yeah, it happens management or mall got involved because they are already losing enough money. As for the internal response, YEAH pull up incident reports you'll find nothing is going to change. It can't or won't.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-06-29 at 01:44 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Somebody's belly and thighs are offensive now?
    perhaps it was a muslim mall?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/complet...tfit-1.3479428

Can you believe the nerve of this person?
    It's up to the mall to decide who they let in and if she doesn't dress appropriately then what does she expect? It's the same thing with clubs and restaurants with dress codes.
    The mall has no dress code and decided that security person was wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Judging by how short her shorts are in that picture, it was probably very likely that her ass checks were hanging out. Pretty trashy and inappropriate, but it's weird that a mall would have a dress code, other than ensuring indecent exposure doesn't happen.
    Ah, she probably could have coordinated a bit better but so what, she was fine in my book nothing wrong with a beautiful woman who wants to share.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Well, I don't see her nipples or any plumbers butt situation here. Just a security guard enforcing her own rules rather than the Malls. And if, as the girl claims, the guard actually threatened to have her arrested for public indecency its even worse. Big overstep of authority.
    In all fairness we don't know that the security guard made their own rules, it could just as easily be miscommunication from the mall or security management.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm suprised she didn't cut anyone.

She strikes me as one of those teenage girls that'll say they have a mental disorder to excuse their shitty behavior and edginess.

I disagree with kicking her out as well, the clothes are fine and I've seen significantly worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    The mall has no dress code and decided that security person was wrong.
    It's a private property isn't it? They can throw people out if they choose.

The security person was wrong.

Is it just me or is woman's clothing getting more and more skimpy with each decade?

But on topic, I see nothing wrong with that outfit.

7+ Year Old Account
    One has to laugh at people who dress skimpily and then complain about being "objectified".

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    In all fairness we don't know that the security guard made their own rules, it could just as easily be miscommunication from the mall or security management.
    Well, if it's true the guard claimed she could have the girl arrested for Public Indecency than that would indicate to me that it was her own call.

- - - Updated - - -

The Mall didn't choose to....the security person did.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

her clothes look fine , america is just a lost cause ..

A lot of people are starting to wear short with cut so the lower part of your butt cheeks are exposed. It's very in right now. Her outfit looks like pretty conservative all in all.

Canada, weird place.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    the security got fired, The end.
    Exactly. Not sure what the perceived outrage is at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Canada, weird place.
    This is not a Canada thing.

a) it's one security guard in a Winnipeg Mall
    b) This kind of thing could happen anywhere there are people that wear shorts and other people that get offended by it.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Why does she look like she was going to pick up "customers" then?

Deleted
    It's trashy, but it's just a mall.