Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account

Justice League(2017)

Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by the Man of Steel’s selfless act in Batman V Superman, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Evil forces have set their sights on our world, tasking the malevolent Steppenwolf and his army of Parademons with bringing Earth under the control of Darkseid, ruler of the planet Apokolips. In response, Batman and Wonder Woman unite a team of metahuman heroes including The Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman to protect humanity as the Justice League.

The Justice League first appeared in March 1960 in issue #28 of The Brave and the Bold. In the fifty years since the heroes first united, the team has welcomed various members of DC comic book canon: Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Shazam, among others. Recently rebooted as part of DC Rebirth, the current comic iteration of the team includes Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, two Green Lanterns (Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz), Aquaman, Barry Allen, as well as Cyborg.

It remains to be seen which new heroes might join the DCEU movie universe – especially with Justice League 2 already slated for a summer 2019 release date.

Justice League

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Jamie Foxx will star as Black Lightning! Oh wait...

Deleted
    I sincerely hope this is the last DC movie that Snyder is involved with.

Honestly, look at all the DC animated movies of recent years. All they need to do is convert those to the screen and you got box office successes!

It's actually quite an accomplishment not to make a DC movie a hit, but they seem to fail at it every darn time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I wish they would have had Grant Gustin be Flash. not diggin this new guy from what I've seen.

I think Wonder Woman can't carry this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most intriguing character for me is Aquaman.

At this point I don't care about critics.

I thought Man of Steel and BvS were great. Solid 8/10, maybe 8.5 for MoS which I liked more than BvS.

Wonder Woman was amazing.

SS was meh.

I don't think having their Avengers so early was clever. Cyborn, Flash and Aquaman are not established characters in the CU and I doubt they'll have time to develop them.

Batfleck, Supes and WW, though, I like all of them.

Whereas in Marvel's side the only actor I think truly nails his role is Downey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Well a lot of the DCEU was supposed to be hinging on if Wonder Woman did well so luckily it did so we can see how the others turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Whereas in Marvel's side the only actor I think truly nails his role is Downey Jr.
    Downey is great, no argument. But I really can't even imagine it's possible to do a better job as Cap than Chris Evans has.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Downey is great, no argument. But I really can't even imagine it's possible to do a better job as Cap than Chris Evans has.
    He's alright, it's just that he wasn't given anything impressive to do as an actor. What's Cap's greatest MCU scene from an acting point of view? Getting punched by Bucky and saying he's with him 'til the end of the line?

He's never had a WOAH scene.

He's alright, it's just that he wasn't given anything impressive to do as an actor. What's Cap's greatest MCU scene from an acting point of view? Getting punched by Bucky and saying he's with him 'til the end of the line?

Pretty much every interaction between him and Downey during Civil War is pretty much comic Cap in human form. Or his interactions with Fury in Winter Soldier. If you grew up reading Cap, or if you started more recently, like on Brubaker's fantastic 8 year run, there really isn't anything more you could ask for from a Captain America.

What "WHOA" scene has anyone in the DCEU had?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    What "WHOA" scene has anyone in the DCEU had?
    Anything Bruce Wayne has done and said in the DCU is far more interesting than what Cap has.

Anything Bruce Wayne has done and said in the DCU is far more interesting than what Cap has.
    We will just have to disagree on that. I'll take "I'm with you to the end of the line" and "I can do this all day" over "Do you bleed?" and "Why did you say that name?" any day of the week.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I'm a huge DC comics fan but I just can't get excited over this movie. I don't know if I just have lower expectations after BvS and Suicide Squad or what.

I don't think having their Avengers so early was clever. Cyborn, Flash and Aquaman are not established characters in the CU and I doubt they'll have time to develop them.

Batfleck, Supes and WW, though, I like all of them.
    I'm actually figuring the introductions and stuff will go fine, but the villain will suck. They'll have a lot of group introduction stuff, a big "grrr, I'm a bad guy", then they'll lose, raise sups from grave, win and wrap.

How many comic movies have had good villains?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Could be pretty good but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm actually figuring the introductions and stuff will go fine, but the villain will suck. They'll have a lot of group introduction stuff, a big "grrr, I'm a bad guy", then they'll lose, raise sups from grave, win and wrap.

How many comic movies have had good villains?
    Loki and Zemo were fine. ( even if they both had plot induced stupidity. Loki could've just welcomed Thor back once Odin went to sleep instead of trying to kill him thus revealing his treachery. Thor would still not be worthy of Mjolnir, GG no RE Loki is king. Zemo's plans had a lot of plot holes )

I also liked Zod.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm actually figuring the introductions and stuff will go fine, but the villain will suck. They'll have a lot of group introduction stuff, a big "grrr, I'm a bad guy", then they'll lose, raise sups from grave, win and wrap. How many comic movies have had good villains?
    yeah...The lone exception in DC's case is Nolan's Joker.
    Marvel has only had a couple of good ones...and still fucked them up. (Loki, and the Red Skull, who we all love to hate and as I understand it is to make a comeback later) The odd man out here however is Magneto, and he's not in this universe. Sony's Dr. Octopus was very well done (awesome actor Alfred Molina).
    But every other villain in Marvel's particular universe was fairly simplistic. Which is wrong. The villains should have been as iconic n their respective roles as the heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I think Wonder Woman and Batman can carry this one.