Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Damn, you're really sensitive about this. What makes you think I'm biased? Because I posted an article that's all over the news? There are two football players involved.

I'm too cheap to buy weed but I'm not against using it.
    Mainly, because shit like this puts legalization back another 5 years, anywhere it's illegal. Because it gives ammo against it. When I put in perspective, it really takes the air out of the post.

All I'm here doing is putting the spin in the right perspective. This isn't about cannabis. The title should be, Organized Crime Ring busted, because unless it's pedophilia, or something heinous, who honestly gives a shit.

Less clickbaity isn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Mainly, because shit like this puts legalization back another 5 years, anywhere it's illegal. Because it gives ammo against it. When I put in perspective, it really takes the air out of the post.

All I'm here doing is putting the spin in the right perspective. This isn't about cannabis. The title should be, Organized Crime Ring busted, because unless it's pedophilia, or something heinous, who honestly gives a shit.

Less clickbaity isn't?
    They just legalized here, I don't know if I can grow it I don't know much about the details. There are some pharmacies who sell it on the 4th I think. They keep saying it's only in Las Vegas.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Mainly, because shit like this puts legalization back another 5 years
    I see it as more cause to legalize it everywhere. If there weren't states where it wasn't legal, there would be no crime ring which has the opportunity to fulfill a demand. Same thought process as ending drug cartels from other countries moving drugs into the US. If the drugs were legal here, those cartels wouldn't have people to sell it to because they would have easier, and less dangerous access to it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I'm all for legal marijuana in all 50 states; but the crime here is they were growing in CO and selling out of state in states that didn't legalize. That's a federal crime similar to running alcohol across state borders, etc.

Just get a donations jar and and ask people to donate to it for weed, just don't give them any until they donate enough, issue avoided BAM!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I'm all for legal marijuana in all 50 states; but the crime here is they were growing in CO and selling out of state in states that didn't legalize. That's a federal crime similar to running alcohol across state borders, etc.
    The fact that the US gov is so splintered between federal and state is mind boggling. They need to just legalize it, realize it has so many more benefits than negatives and be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Agreed. And then every state could just tax the stuff and use that money to fix their infrastructure and fund their schools.
    I totally agree, 100%. Take what was once seen as a negative, and turn it into a positive.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Although marijuana is now legally available for purchase in Colorado, the black market for it is thriving. The reason is high prices. Legal sales of marijuana are taxed at nearly 30% which has pushed up the price of illegally sold product. "Camouflaged amid the legal medicinal and recreational marijuana market, the ever-adaptable underground market thrives. Some in law enforcement and on the street say it may be as strong as it’s ever been, so great is the unmet local and visitor demand." Regulatory schemes cannot be said to discourage illegal activity: a medical marijuana registry card allows individuals to legally grow 16 plants and provides a good cover for any suspicious activity.

I guess the OP didn't cover it, but legal weed has a 30% tax added on. So if you buy $100 you have to pay 30% tax.

Illegal weed doesn't have the 30% tax.

http://bigthink.com/ideafeed/pot-is-...or-it-thriving

Illegal weed is thriving in Colorado.
    I just dont understand this. If you go medical there is no 30% tax and getting your red card is as easy as telling the doc you have pain issues from work...are they counting export to other states as CO black market use? Maybe it has to do with those under the age limit?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I just dont understand this. If you go medical there is no 30% tax and getting your red card is as easy as telling the doc you have pain issues from work...are they counting export to other states as CO black market use? Maybe it has to do with those under the age limit?
    I don't think they tax medicine.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That depends entirely on the state you live in.
    Im talking about CO, i lived there, had my red card for a time until it was fully legalized. I never minded paying the tax, i liked the tax and wanted to support the industry and the laws around it. But i still knew many residents that kept their red cards because it was cheaper. I think pinning an increase in black market activity on the 30% tax is a joke, there should be other reasons because of the obvious way to get around it legally.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think they tax medicine.
    thats my entire point, they dont tax medical. Im saying the tax should not be the cause of an increase in black market activity. Its either the exportation (smuggling) of it to other states, an increase in use from under aged folks (an unfortunate possibility) or just a case of a lot of stupid folks who dont know how easy it is to get a red card.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Looks like the perpetrators got greedy. If they had stayed within their home turf everything probably would have been fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I am with you. While I don't partake, I believe that MJ should be federally legalized and regulated like alcohol and tobacco.
    They may have even gotten them for growing too much too. And for transporting too much. CO has some pretty strict guidelines.