Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Huh, just realized she actually has a kingdom to come back to. Turalyon on the other hand... That will be an awkward conversation.
    That is going to be a long and painful conversation for Turalyon. "Yeah man, King Menethil was killed by his own son who came back from Northrend as a Death Knight and went on to become the Lich King, lord of an army of undead we called the Scourge. Lordaeron is almost completely decimated and is now under control of a splinter faction of the Scourge that joined up with the Horde. Alleria's sister, also an undead Banshee, controls your kingdom in the name of the Horde."

I'm imagining he's going to need to sit down and take that in.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Already posted on the other thread, but can't Argus be the Final Titan and Sargeras is trying to rebuild it with the Titans' bodies/souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Gnolls nearly destroyed stormwind, so it isn't that hard to threaten it.
    This was early in its history before Stormwind culled the Gnoll population within their lands. They're some scary fuckers when in massive numbers and when organized.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That is going to be a long and painful conversation for Turalyon. "Yeah man, King Menethil was killed by his own son who came back from Northrend as a Death Knight and went on to become the Lich King, lord of an army of undead we called the Scourge. Lordaeron is almost completely decimated and is now under control of a splinter faction of the Scourge that joined up with the Horde. Alleria's sister, also an undead Banshee, controls your kingdom in the name of the Horde."

''Oh and that little brat killed your Paladin comrades including Uther and trapped their souls in his magic blade for a decade or so. And then we killed a bunch of them after they were released for phat l00t.''

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    This was early in its history before Stormwind culled the Gnoll population within their lands. They're some scary fuckers when in massive numbers and when organized.
    It was actually with Varian's grandfather, Barathen, 75 years before the First War.

Stormwind was always roflstomped by everyone.

That wasn't early in its history it was a mere century ago and after that the gurubashi nearly leveled the place, without medivh interfering they would have been wiped out.

Stormwind was historically a weak kingdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    ''Oh and that little brat killed your Paladin comrades including Uther and trapped their souls in his magic blade for a decade or so. And then we killed a bunch of them after they were released for phat l00t.''
    He's going to take the death of Uther really hard, given their closeness in WC2. Especially given *how* Uther died.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account

Lol! Having a hot step-sister is already problematic enough, add to that "undead tyrant rulling over a mockery of everything you once held dear" and Turalyon is bound to have the most awkward Winter Veil feast ever!

He's going to take the death of Uther really hard, given their closeness in WC2. Especially given *how* Uther died.
    sadly, turalyon likely knows all of this through some random light shit.

so, it won't be meaningful, sad story telling for once. it'll just be "sad times, but lets focus on the threat at hand" and it'll never be brought up again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

so, it won't be meaningful, sad story telling for once. it'll just be "sad times, but lets focus on the threat at hand" and it'll never be brought up again.
    Hopefully not, I would actually like to see his reaction to these things - and I think it would make a nice set-piece and counterbalance to the Argus content. Not sure it'll happen, of course; or that it would be handled in-game if it does (seems like the kind of material that might go into a short story or novel).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully not, I would actually like to see his reaction to these things - and I think it would make a nice set-piece and counterbalance to the Argus content. Not sure it'll happen, of course; or that it would be handled in-game if it does (seems like the kind of material that might go into a short story or novel).
    Blizzard's tendancy to forget things like this makes it very likely tbh. If they really wanted to, they could at least do minor lore bits in the .5 patches.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm still hoping for the Trollbanes to sit down and have a chat. Or has that happened in a novel and I missed? I'm a little outdated with Warcraft's books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Yeah, I'm still hoping for the Trollbanes to sit down and have a chat. Or has that happened in a novel and I missed? I'm a little outdated with Warcraft's books.
    Not as of yet. That's another interesting conversation that could happen at some future point.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That wasn't early in its history it was a mere century ago and after that the gurubashi nearly leveled the place, without medivh interfering they would have been wiped out.

Stormwind was historically a weak kingdom.
    I checked the chronicles, and it said the conflict began as humans were beginning expansion from Elwynn into the surrounding regions, where they came into conflict with the gnolls that lived there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    Uther's force ghost maybe.

I checked the chronicles, and it said the conflict began as humans were beginning expansion from Elwynn into the surrounding regions, where they came into conflict with the gnolls that lived there.
    Stormwind is over a thousand years old, they simply decided to claim new territory and got burned badly in the process.

Interested how Aman'thul, norgannon, khaz'goroth is going to play in the storyline. And wonder how surprised they'll be when their own creations do something they were unable to do.

Does chronicles say Stormwind is that old?
    Stormwind was founded during the fracturing of Arathor which was 1.200 years ago, additionally loreology once said on twitter stormwind is 1.200 years old.

Humans as a race in general are quite old, but were never able to create a civilization of their own until the high elves were forced to teach them magic, which is the reason humanity spread so far.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-06-29 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    No but there's no doubt she plays kind of a dangerous game there. I mean, Shadow Priests are said to be dangerously close to the Old Gods and they don't seem to mess with the Void to the extent Alleria seems to do in 7.3.
    Maybe Turalyon is essential for her to keep control. He's in the Light, she's in the Shadow. Their love balance each other. And maybe losing Turalyon could send her over the edge... hmm...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Interested how Aman'thul, norgannon, khaz'goroth is going to play in the storyline. And wonder how surprised they'll be when their own creations do something they were unable to do.
    Their essences are being tortured in the Shivarra Coven fight according to the journal. They might not show up in person, just as 'essences' in that fight.