Poll: How many ppl play this game still do you think

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    More people than at the end of WoD...

We still get login queue from time to time, which never happened in WoD after the first month...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Four. blah 10 characters etc

So yeah

Just four.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Warcraftrealms is full of crap. It reports that some of my characters that I play EVERY day for a sizable amount of time, that its 'last seen' on them is nearly a month ago, which is garbage. out of 30 characters I've checked not a single one has an accurate 'Last seen'.
    Warcraftrealms rely on people using an AddOn to census people online and then upload the data to the site.

If the person running the addon isn't online at the same time you are, you will never be reported as seen..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Warcraftrealms rely on people using an AddOn to census people online and then upload the data to the site.

If the person running the addon isn't online at the same time you are, you will never be reported as seen..
    That is why its flawed and cant be trusted.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    warcraft realms.com has the number playing right now at 1.6 million so the subscriber number is slightly higher...2 million would be about right. Since that website is the only honest source out there (and since Blizzard is still in "perception is everything" dishonest mode) they are the only ones that have any possibly legitimate number to draw from. Of course the same old arguments against them will come up and I say, come up with a better source or shut up.
    People still believing at that shit number from an unreliable site that requires addons to gather census. This is almost as retarded as the people using Xfire online numbers as measure sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There is no evidence that points to that.
    It's extremely unlikely that WoW would jump up to that level of active subsriptions when Blizzard themselves stated that the game is doing, only slightly better than WoD, financially.

Seeing how they have more ways of making money outside of subscriptions it's even likely that less players play the game now than during WoD.
    There's no evidence that points to it being below 2 million either.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess but I suspect that whatever that number is it's probably a lot more stable and satisfied than WoD.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is why its flawed and cant be trusted.
    Maybe so... But it's the most reliable way available to see population..

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It was doing "slightly better" than WoD and that was months ago.
    It's hardly doing better now.
    Which during last sub count WoD sub losses had more of less stopped to a 100k drop, leveling the subs at around 5.5m. Unless there was another massive sub drop in WoD (I doubt it. Most people who were fed up left in the first months ). Legion imo is likely around the 5 million mark give or take 1m.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    warcraft realms.com has the number playing right now at 1.6 million so the subscriber number is slightly higher...2 million would be about right. Since that website is the only honest source out there (and since Blizzard is still in "perception is everything" dishonest mode) they are the only ones that have any possibly legitimate number to draw from. Of course the same old arguments against them will come up and I say, come up with a better source or shut up.
    There isn't a better source, and Warcraft realms itself hasn't been a good source for years. What kind of argument is 'ill use this shit thing because no one can find a better shit thing!'??? If wow was down to 2 million subs we'd know from blizzard busting their asses for a new expansion. It's at at least 5 million+ and if it's better than WoD it's at 6mil.

It's somewhere around 2 million, which is still a heck of a lot more than any other MMORPG with a sub fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe so... But it's the most reliable way available to see population..
    how can it be 'reliable' if you know for fact it isn't? I understand the desire to have those sub number, I understand the desire to invent them in the absence of the official numbers...

It's like eating a turd because it reliably looks like a tootsie roll

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I want to say around 6-7 million.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

No idea. What I do know is that it's more than a handful of other "popular" MMO's combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It's somewhere around 2 million, which is still a heck of a lot more than any other MMORPG with a sub fee.
    Why are so many people pulling this 2M number out of their ass?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Active, actual playing accounts? 1.5 - 2 million at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    how can it be 'reliable' if you know for fact it isn't? I understand the desire to have those sub number, I understand the desire to invent them in the absence of the official numbers...
    Because it's the ONLY way..

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's the ONLY way..
    It's nothing more than a guess, just like every other GUESS made in this thread. If they cant even figure out that a server they have marked as PVP hasn't been a PVP server for at least 5 years, tell me again how reliable that is?

Seems to me if they cant get something THAT damn simple right, then that demonstrates how accurate or reliable anything else they have to say.

What would any of these folks do with an accurate sub number? the haters would point at them and howl 'Wow is dying, they better do XYZ because that would fix the sub numbers, if they dont Wow will be dead by ***' and the other folks would point at the haters and have a good laugh, then the haters would get pissy and act like petulant toddlers in the candy aisle at Superbrugsen when their parents say no candy.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now with the launch of a new raid, probably 5mil(subs). In 5-6 weeks It will probably drop ~3.5.

I'd be more interested in player activity tbh.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Around 3-4 million