Shaman & Hunter Tier 21 Sets - Next Expansion Hint ?

Hi guys! So as many of you probably saw on the frontpage, the T21 sets are already available on the 7.3 PTR. I was looking at them in details, and couldn't help but notice that the shaman tier looked like a troll set, a zandalari one to be more precised.

I then wondered "Uh, wouldn't that be funny if it was a clue of Zandalar being finally available next expansion" with a -how many times anticipated- South Seas expansion and then... I realised that the hunter T21 set was a skinned naga.

Now, you might tell me this doesn't tell anything at all, and I would normally agree, but thinking about it a bit more... it's too specifically away from Argus thematic to just be a coincidence. It's not some "generic" set you can throw in there, they follow a very specific esthetic. I mean, I could have understood the naga set for ToS, because of some bosses but here... it doesn't make much sense. And neither does the zandalari set.

So what do you think guys? Are we FINALLY heading to the South Seas for the next expansion, or is it gonna be another missed occasion with an unexpected/weird concept as we've already had before?

Artwork for the Shaman set has been flying around since Beta, might mean something, maybe not.

After all, they love to do Troll sets and the other sets have hardly anything to do with Argus, so this one is no major outliner.

As for Hunter, it's pretty common theme for Hunter sets being based on certain "evil" races, like Saurok, Flamewaker, Dragons, Murlocs and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Artwork for the Shaman set has been flying around since Beta, might mean something, maybe not.

After all, they love to do Troll sets and the other sets have hardly anything to do with Argus, so this one is no major outliner.

As for Hunter, it's pretty common theme for Hunter sets being based on certain "evil" races, like Saurok, Flamewaker, Dragons, Murlocs and so forth.
    Fair point and I didn't know the artwork was around since the Beta, good to know. However concerning the other sets, my point is these ones seem particularly OFF. Not that I don't like them, I find them beautiful (especially the shaman one), but they don't go with the Argus/Army of Light atmosphere very well.

I still feel like Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Druid, Monk and Rogue armors feel generic as in they could fit into any theme. As for Paladin, it fits the army of light thematic, and the warrior and warlock armors fit the whole Argus doomday atmosphere. Finally there's mage, which is more of a tribute to Andonidas' outfit and Dalaran's style than anything, but again not too far off. And then you have shaman and hunter. Hunter I agree with you, it's quite common for them to have evil races based armor sets, but usually they focus on the current threat (Sauroks were present in the Isle of Thunder, there was this set about the Firelands boss as well, etc.). Here, it just looks so random. And even more for shaman...

I think I REALLY want to see a subtle hint there haha!

If the sets are a clue, Death Knights are getting a fire spec.

A Bolvar based spec or something. He got burned after all, and looking at the chromie scenario there're burning skeletons etc.

Calling it now!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasnt there a murloc based set in Cata for hunters, tier 11 I believe? Then the next expac was Pandaria, so I'm not sure it a naga set really says much. That being said a naga expac would be cool, my raid pet is named "MahNaga" after all.......

Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    Wasnt there a murloc based set in Cata for hunters, tier 11 I believe? Then the next expac was Pandaria, so I'm not sure it a naga set really says much. That being said a naga expac would be cool, my raid pet is named "MahNaga" after all.......
    Very good point about the murloc set, completely forgot about that one. I wish Blizz would just tell us already haha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there a rather obvious hint towards Legion being the next expac in WoD that some people (like myself) ignored because it seemed too obvious or generic -- something like that?

Well, I don't really see any other reason to have troll or naga sets other than because Blizz wants to, or because they are teasing something. Doesn't look like there's any Zandalari presence in 7.3 and it seems like Argus is rather lacking the water department needed for sea creatures. Of course then, it feels like every expansion has been teasing south seas, naga, Kul'tiras, and trolls.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Wasn't there a rather obvious hint towards Legion being the next expac in WoD that some people (like myself) ignored because it seemed too obvious or generic -- something like that?

Well, I don't really see any other reason to have troll or naga sets other than because Blizz wants to, or because they are teasing something. Doesn't look like there's any Zandalari presence in 7.3 and it seems like Argus is rather lacking the water department needed for sea creatures. Of course then, it feels like every expansion has been teasing south seas, naga, Kul'tiras, and trolls.
    Well most people speculating next expansion would be located in the South Seas actually use N'zoth the old god as both a link to the Void and the naga. I'm lost right now, I really don't know what possible next expansion is the more likely. Maybe all this void stuff is just to set us up for another expansion, later?

Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    Very good point about the murloc set, completely forgot about that one. I wish Blizz would just tell us already haha!
    They basically already did when Chronicle Two came out. They told us again yesterday with the updated models and enemies. Whatever is next, be it in space or on Azeroth is clearly going to be focused on the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    They basically already did when Chronicle Two came out. They told us again yesterday with the updated models and enemies. Whatever is next, be it in space or on Azeroth is clearly going to be focused on the Void.
    I hope that they don't go straight away to the Void threat, but rather go through the Old Gods first. And with that comics we had a few months back with Anduin being old and leading the assault against the Void, I think it's still too early for us to confront any important figure of the Void other than an Old God. I really hope we'll know more during Gamescon.

I hope that they don't go straight away to the Void threat, but rather go through the Old Gods first. And with that comics we had a few months back with Anduin being old and leading the assault against the Void, I think it's still too early for us to confront any important figure of the Void other than an Old God. I really hope we'll know more during Gamescon.
    They wouldn't have wasted time updating the Ethereal if it was just Old Gods I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    They wouldn't have wasted time updating the Ethereal if it was just Old Gods I think.
    Fair point, or maybe we do see the Ethereal on Argus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair point, or maybe we do see the Ethereal on Argus?
    The new dungeon has a few Ethereal bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    The new dungeon has a few Ethereal bosses
    Bingo haha! Quite glad to see these guys to be honest, I really liked the Ethereal back in BC.

Both shaman and hunter sets are "buffed" versions of Throne of Thunder tier (t15 I believe)...

Check it if you don't believe (soz, I Cba to add images)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Both shaman and hunter sets are "buffed" versions of Throne of Thunder tier (t15 I believe)...

Check it if you don't believe (soz, I Cba to add images)
    I can see it for shaman, but the hunter set is quite different while staying to the theme hunter sets often have -- t15 was Saurok, t11 was a murloc, t21 is a naga, etc. The Zandalari set still makes no sense to me though

To be honest both look just like rehashed versions of older T-Sets. Nothing new to be honest.

They do look like rehashed versions of older sets indeed, but why now? Doesn't make much sense.