Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The new rift thingy ala Diablo seems interesting enough for me.
    Also, like someone else said, it's just a patch, not an expansion, and for that it's already bigger than most of the previous ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post

As a side note, I find it pretty annoying that people disregard the Chromie stuff so flippantly, what I've done of it so far has been pretty great and somewhat challenging, positively I don't feel rushed to do it - which is awesome.
    That would be because the rest of us finished it the first day it was out.

It was a great concept but it was way too easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    EXACTLY this is the difference to older xpacs. It seems some ppl dont get that.

the difference to earlier days is: Its cheap shit. Copy and paste. Recycle existing stuff. "Cost-effective". The WoD pattern. Etc.

In earlier days they did the same content, but they really developed it new, instead stretch the same shit infinitive.

Or in short: Try to make the most money with the least possible effort.

even ppl that read and play wow since beginning (like ie me) dont care. cause of horrible dull writing, cheap recycling, etc. its just a bunch of cheap shit and a way to not spend money on creating new characters. or in short: its lame and greedy.
    Then why the fuck are you still playing if it sucks so much

It's like if someone put a pile of shit on your plate, and you're shoveling it into your face while complaining how disgusting it is. Why would you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    These "rifts" as well kind of annoys me too. I hate blizz scenarios. They have no challenge and you either Zerg them or they are meat sponges. The only one that was challenging was the artefact challenge before you out gear it.
    I mean... this expansion has progressively seen more and more features of Diablo added to it... I'm beginning to question exactly what role one mr Jay Wilson is playing at the moment.. because people didn't like diablo 3 when it launched.. and now we're getting welfare legendaries that drop for days, and nethershard farming and now rifts..

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Then explain how you can manage to do a long term content, that has no gating, in roughly ~3 months? It is almost imposible. even do content for ~24 played hours take months and months. And chromie is just a side thing to do.
    Some kind of currency collecting without gating (time-based, mission-based etc.) but low drop rate. Basically long (but targeted) grinds that can be engaged at your leisure, with checkpoints here and there (e.g. a couple of unlockable interesting quests or events). It keeps you playing but you don't feel punished for not logging in every day.

Personal content (scenarios, 1man quests etc.) are bad design in an MMO, they take too much development time for what they provide.

I just hope they invest into a single story for all of us this time, that way it might actually be somewhat decent this time around. 80% of 7.2's questing was a travesty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    Some kind of currency collecting without gating (time-based, mission-based etc.) but low drop rate. Basically long (but targeted) grinds that can be engaged at your leisure, with checkpoints here and there (e.g. a couple of unlockable interesting quests or events). It keeps you playing but you don't feel punished for not logging in every day.

Personal content (scenarios, 1man quests etc.) are bad design in an MMO, they take too much development time for what they provide.
    Like AP? Grindable, not gated, you don't feel punished for not doing AP everyday... But everyone does it so hurry up and farm some more AP slacker? There is no viable option for long time content without gating OR grinding, and both will be condemned by the comunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I mean... this expansion has progressively seen more and more features of Diablo added to it... I'm beginning to question exactly what role one mr Jay Wilson is playing at the moment.. because people didn't like diablo 3 when it launched.. and now we're getting welfare legendaries that drop for days, and nethershard farming and now rifts..
    Hes not playing any role because he's not with Blizzard anymore
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And by that I mean the features advertised by Blizzard:

• Further chapters of the Argus storyline, including many cinematic story moments
    • New World Quests
    • Professions updates, including epic gems
    • The Netherlight Crucible, which allows you to upgrade your Artifact to unlock a new way to customize your Relics
    • New dungeon: Seat of the Triumvirate
    • New raid: Antorus, the Burning Throne (though as with other Legion raids, it won’t be released immediately with 7.3)
    • Invasion Points, a new type of replayable content that let you fight the Legion on multiple different worlds

Don't get me wrong I hope 7.3 is awesome but after getting bitten hard by 7.2 I just don't feel confident with 7.3 especially after seeing the screenshots
    You have to realize though, 7.2 a lot of the resources went into the class campaign quests (follower and mount). Those resources this time will be alotted towards content everyone will do. Granted, I enjoy the class campaign stuff and like the class only material, but not sure if I like it at the expense of other content.

Epic gems as a jewelcrafter I'm not looking forward to as they'll probably be as much if not more of a pain than it is to get current gems. I can go through 5 mass prospect (100 ore) and still get nothing but gem chips almost every single time. There are time where I'll go through even up to 10.

Customizing relics, hoping that's dual traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I been hoping for something REALLY NEW for a while now but every patch and expansion it just is "new dungeons, new quests, new raids, new ...." while in truth it could just read "same dungeon with other textures and models, and now the pools to avoid are pink instead of yellow"..

I would love to have something truly new, fresh that brings the wow back in WoW.
    WoW content is released for WoW.

People ask for something NEW and FRESH (but can't specify) to bring "the wow back in wow".

Seriously? This is just starting to get sad. No shit that a WOW patch is going to have WOW-style content, just as any other patch did before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    "Welfare legendaries".

Meanwhile, nobody just doing LFR will have every leggo for his/her spec. The people with the most leggos, have been targeting the highest tier content which drops them more frequently.

Ain't nothing "welfare" about having to play the game for rewards. That crap argument was old back in WOTLK.

There's 3 new zones and you'll be getting to talk to some of the biggest lore characters that exist in the game. If that's not enough for you then I don't know what would be. It's looking like there'll be an ass load of content in 7.3, whether you like it or not is for you to decide. I personally quit during 7.2 because of the lack of content and found other things to play such as FFXIV. If the patch isn't enough for you then I'd recommend doing the same, instead of complaining about the game

The patch is going to be what the devs make it whether you like it or not, you don't have to participate if you don't like it.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    I agree 100%.

On that note though, I do hope the 5-man has a bit more 'pop' than the Cathedral. I did it a few times, then I literally forgot it existed.
    Same here. Nothing special or challenging in it. I would have preferred it had something like revamped ZG or Zul'Aman where mounts dropped (instead of those hideous rng paragon boxes, chaining people to worthless repeated already ad nauseum content). Also, hearing Illidan and Maiev exchanging divorced couple lines can be original just once or twice.

Calling it now. They will fall in love at end of expansion or when one of them dies, the other will proclaim their hidden/unknown till then love for the other.
    /spit@Blizzard

Go ahead and hate and be ignorant.This patch looks to be amazing.haters gonna hate i guess and can't handle the truth that blizzard is doing a great job with legion.

http://imgur.com/a/4QWjW
    Mac'Aree isn't corrupted by the fel.

I just want a total break in the story (not that i am following the story that much) and go somewhere totally different.. as I mentioned before, id like to have something medieval again, with two kingdoms at war and you can choose which to join and have castles, small towns (real towns, not just 3 same buildigns over and over, think something like Balmora in Morrowind or Vivic or Syada Neen...) .. Then have it so you are friendly with your kingdom and enemy with the other, that means that you have both alliance and horde fighting same side against both alliance and horde fighting for the other side.. id love that over another dark depressing copy paste broken shore zone.

I'm disappointed because it feels same as everything we've done... Weekly 'story' quests, more tedious WQs, 1 dungeon, but I guess that's what Legion is. /shrug

Hopefully it will be better than 7.2
    The problem here is that you're disappointed because there's nothing new, yet if they try something new you get disappointed because it's not "the same wow you loved" (I know I'm guessing but this is honestly what the majority of the forum complaints are about). Blizzard basically can't satisfy you until they come up with a completely trend-breaking amazing idea, and quite frankly this is an issue on your side. I feel the same about a few things but really, there's no way to come up with new ideas for every single patch and always improve at the same time. If people aren't going to accept failure they can't expect any progress to be made either.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2017-07-01 at 12:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And by that I mean the features advertised by Blizzard:

• Further chapters of the Argus storyline, including many cinematic story moments
    • New World Quests
    • Professions updates, including epic gems
    • The Netherlight Crucible, which allows you to upgrade your Artifact to unlock a new way to customize your Relics
    • New dungeon: Seat of the Triumvirate
    • New raid: Antorus, the Burning Throne (though as with other Legion raids, it won’t be released immediately with 7.3)
    • Invasion Points, a new type of replayable content that let you fight the Legion on multiple different worlds

Don't get me wrong I hope 7.3 is awesome but after getting bitten hard by 7.2 I just don't feel confident with 7.3 especially after seeing the screenshots
    "Cinematic" here meaning "memegar needs six hundred and eleven point two fel crystals"
    I've got concordance and GR generating followers. World quests are worthless
    I find it hard to be excited about disgustingly expensive gems when sockets are RNG
    Two-trait relics refashioned and refurbished for an all new "you don't need another concordance rank but you NEED this" grind
    Yeah a dungeon will be nice. Barring a need to run it I'll see it when I'm forced to
    Tier 21 looks subpar at best. Like dungeon sets- or pathetic
    Unless there's a mount, pet or title I'm not going to do these any more then necessary.

Wow is a reward driven game. I need a tangible reason to do anything
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    Go ahead and hate and be ignorant.This patch looks to be amazing.haters gonna hate i guess and can't handle the truth that blizzard is doing a great job with legion.
    is that how you normally react when confronted by a different opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/4QWjW
    Mac'Aree isn't corrupted by the fel.
    OK what did you do to get over there?

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    OK what did you do to get over there?
    Pictures aren't mine, so unfortunately I do not know the answer to that either. Got em from the discussion thread on Scrolls of Lore.

Would you rather have had another 15 month content drought?